Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating in 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Tbh OP, if you come across on dating sites the way you do here it's no surprise you haven't been unsuccessful. You come across very serious minded and you need to be easy going and approachable if you are going to get dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,878 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

POF is crap. I'm surprised you have an account still. 100s of 1000s get their accounts closed due to a robotic type of modding. No customer service to help, I was on it years ago, but it's unreliable. You could create an account and it will be closed within a few minutes. I never could figure it out.
    What you want is an cookie baking ,apple pie making, home making LDS girl.
    Try
    ldssingles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Esse85 wrote: »
    What's a typical example of a message you'd send to someone who's profile you liked?

Send nudes lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'll meet you. I'm fat and ugly, left school at 12, never had a job, can't cook and have one wooden leg. I'm a great catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'll meet you. I'm fat and ugly, left school at 12, never had a job, can't cook and have one wooden leg. I'm a great catch.

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

POF is crap. I'm surprised you have an account still. 100s of 1000s get their accounts closed due to a robotic type of modding. No customer service to help, I was on it years ago, but it's unreliable. You could create an account and it will be closed within a few minutes. I never could figure it out.
    What you want is an cookie baking ,apple pie making, home making LDS girl.
    Try
    ldssingles.com

Sounds like it's your website and you're recruiting.

"My Saturday nights consisted of Netflix and a Dunlop sock, but thanks to LDS Singles they now consist of the hottest and horniest babes this side of Spiddal. Thanks LDS Singles!"

"When my friends first recommended online dating, I admit I was skeptical. But I've gone from **** into a sock to getting wanked off into a sock and it wouldn't have been possible with LDS Singles. Thanks LDS Singles!"

"I knew it was time to try online dating when my sock suddenly broke in half like a cream cracker one day. I went on to LDS Singles and I haven't looked back. I've gone from pulling my plum to pulling horny chicks. Thanks LDS Singles!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What is an LDS single :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I've never done it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

If you know what you're doing Instagram is the best dating site/app at the moment. You're basically advertising yourself, your personality and your interests on it anyway and the best thing is that you won't have tonnes of competition as most men won't even realise the potential in messaging aul dolls on Instagram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Dating hasn't been the same since the Farmer's Journal stopped the classified personals.

Bucko early fifties, Mayo, 100 grand tied up in sheep and hillground, would like to meet girl with big chest, 20-25, who can cook and has own tractor. Please send pics of tractor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Join bumble its a dating app where the woman has to write to you first.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's your website and you're recruiting.

"My Saturday nights consisted of Netflix and a Dunlop sock, but thanks to LDS Singles they now consist of the hottest and horniest babes this side of Spiddal. Thanks LDS Singles!"

"When my friends first recommended online dating, I admit I was skeptical. But I've gone from **** into a sock to getting wanked off into a sock and it wouldn't have been possible with LDS Singles. Thanks LDS Singles!"

"I knew it was time to try online dating when my sock suddenly broke in half like a cream cracker one day. I went on to LDS Singles and I haven't looked back. I've gone from pulling my plum to pulling horny chicks. Thanks LDS Singles!"

I wish I did own a successful website. The members on LDS Singles would not be doing what you describe either.
    LDS girls don't drink, don't smoke, don't have sex before marriage. Irish girls go to mass on Sunday, then pull another guy while pissed up on booze and smokes. I'd never date an Irish girl who has slept with countless guys and who is addicted to cigarettes and booze.

I wish I did own a successful website. The members on LDS Singles would not be doing what you describe either.
    LDS girls don't drink, don't smoke, don't have sex before marriage. Irish girls go to mass on Sunday, then pull another guy while pissed up on booze and smokes. I'd never date an Irish girl who has slept with countless guys and who is addicted to cigarettes and booze.

Cigarettes make you drunk now?

If I was to create a dating site it would be called'' Stuck on you '' it would be a site where when you contact someone you are '' Stuck on you'' ( them) for 30 days . You must interact with that one person only, after 30 days it resets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

eviltwin wrote: »
    Tbh OP, if you come across on dating sites the way you do here it's no surprise you haven't been unsuccessful. You come across very serious minded and you need to be easy going and approachable if you are going to get dates.

Yes maybe that's part of the problem I suppose I do come across that way.
    To be honest when you're single as long as I am it's hard to not be frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

The members on LDS Singles would not be doing what you describe either.

"All rise for Judge Mental"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Karsini wrote: »
    After Hours is the pisstake forum, I wouldn't expect serious answers in here.

In my case, I met my girlfriend on Tinder. How did I manage that? :pac:

metoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

eviltwin wrote: »

but he has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I haven't used after hours sweet feck all and probably won't again after this.

i can see why you haven't been used for sexual favours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yes I think the conclusion to this thread is I'm doomed to being single for the rest of my life, there is no hope and pof.com is the best online dating site so if I can't get anywhere on that I'm well and truly fecked and oh yeah there's tinder and instagram too. Oh dear.
    I think I've lost all faith in humanity.
    Good night lads this has been a real flipping hoot.

• Advertisement

Yes I think the conclusion to this thread is I'm doomed to being single for the rest of my life, there is no hope and pof.com is the best online dating site so if I can't get anywhere on that I'm well and truly fecked and oh yeah there's tinder and instagram too. Oh dear.

Have you tried Ok Cupid, Tinder, Match.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The pity party won't get you anywhere man!
    It's a major turn off for the ladies..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Would you not do something a bit different and out there like...i don't know maybe approach a real live woman? In the flesh as opposed to behind a screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Online dating sucks my good man.
    I have known so many people who have used them over the years. The thing is they all say the EXACT same problems with them. Things like:

- As a man, you can mail 50 women and only to get 1 reply. That's if you get a reply at all.
    - So many conversations that you manage to have usually fizzle.
    - If you are talking to someone meet them as soon as you can. Conversations that drag on rarely lead to anywhere.
    - The male to female ratio is insane. You can have 10 women online and 300+ men online. That's some competition.
    - Often a woman can log in and within 10 minutes have 20 different mails. POF had to remove its live chat feature years ago because so many pop-ups would open for female users.
    - about 90% claim to only "be on the website a short time" and only had 1 date (I find that one funny :pac: )
    - Dating sites are in fact hook up sites. Sure some get into relationships. Some even marry. Let's call a spade a spade tho... that's just the minority. Most hook up, have sex and on to the next person. Usually citing how things didn't work out, gel or whatever.
    - The amount of excuses people will use to cancel a date is unreal. Always a serious excuse usually involving a sick family member. Always seems to happen when you're meant to meet that person on that day. Funny that :pac:
    - Dating websites are also the home to serial daters and there is a lot of them.

ahh I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

LDS refers to Mormons. Hot, they may be but if they take their faith seriously then it's quite unlikely to have testimonials like that ;-)

Do mormons not wear socks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    There'll be a chap on here around 4am. He'll point you at some
    videos to help.

"You rang m'lord" :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBw-aEixWuo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

OP, what info do you put in your profile. What kind of picture is included, and what sort of messages do you send?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

What is a typical message you'd send? You need to remember that women will get a lot of messages and if you just sending a 'Hey what's up' or someother genetic message then you probably won't get a reply.

Maybe get a womans opinion on your profile and make some changes to it. Find something about yourself to make you stand out and catch a womans eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I'll say the same thing to you as I say to any of my single and looking male pals, and there seems to be quite a few - meeting people seems to be tricky these days.
    Step away from the computer. It works for some and that's great, but you're after giving it a good lash, so leave it go now.
    Join things. Clubs, gyms, walking groups, choirs, acting classes, night courses, kayaking clubs, surfing, dance classes, etc etc., just join the heck out of everything and keep changing it up, going to new groups if you don't click with anyone and actually PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE.
    No one is going to magically appear on your doorstep. If this is your goal - to meet a woman for a serious relationship - you need to knuckle down to the task and approach it full on. Give it a year or two. A serious effort, now, mind you.
    Don't be creepy, just be authentically you. DO NOT HARBOUR ANY HATRED OF WOMEN because of refusals - women can smell that a mile off and they run, and wisely so. Like women, and you are more inclined to meet one you like and who likes you.

Be cheerful and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

OP, there is an online dating forum on boards. I think it’s private so thou have to request access to it

You need to tailor each message you send to the specific woman. As others have said simply writing ‘Hey, hows it going?’ Isn’t going to work.

Advertisement