Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 8 | Episode 1 | Mercy [AMC] [SPOILERS]

124»

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

kylith wrote: »
    You gotta love a bit of smashy-smashy killy-zombie fun! It doesn't take itself seriously.

Z nation is great Craic, I haven't seen it since eh they got on a sub I must check it out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Effects wrote: »
    What is wrong with you? Why put yourself through that?

I have no idea, jeeeezz Negan is such a **** character (havent read the comics)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

jonon9 wrote: »
    I have no idea, jeeeezz Negan is such a **** character (havent read the comics)
    He's one of the most loved characters by the comic book fans.....

Again, the big problem with this episode is how they have drastically changed things from the comics. So, last season
    they took all the guns,
    took Eugene who is able to make bullets, added a new group who side with Negan. In the comics, Rick's group have more firepower but the Saviors have more people. In this, the Saviors have more people and similar firepower..

I enjoyed the episode, I thought it was decent. And I'm liking all the teases they have, as a comic book fan it's nice. But, when you keep changing subtle things from the comic in the show, it leads to huge ramifications for the story. As much as I think Kirkman is a spineless, money-grabbing person who only sees the show as a way to make more money, he is fantastic with the comics and little subtleties are very important.

Also, they ruined that Negan line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Why is Maggie shooting with an inappropriate gun like a snub revolver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Alongside the ridiculousness of the apparently never ending un-degraded fuel supply for the multitude of vehicles (and the batteries/electrical systems therein!) and yer man fluting around on the loudest motorcycle in history in an environment which requires stealth and discretion, a lot of the firearms stuff in this show is eye-rollingly idiotic.
    A semi-competent shooter with a middling hunting rifle with a middling scope on it would have easily solved the Negan problem 20 times over by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

^^ I guess the argument there is, "But where's the drama in that?"

It would be a mighty short tv show if they solved their problems that quickly. Gotta milk that cash cow!! :D:D

Although I do agree about the seemingly endless supply of bullets and fuel.

Also:

WHY IS NOBODY ASKING "WHERE'S HEATH??"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Negan rolling on his heels again. A stupid annoying character.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    ^^ I guess the argument there is, "But where's the drama in that?"

It would be a mighty short tv show if they solved their problems that quickly. Gotta milk that cash cow!! :D:D
    Aye, but again look at the sister show FTWD. Plenty of drama done somewhat realistically. No cartoon characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Wibbs wrote: »
    Aye, but again look at the sister show FTWD. Plenty of drama done somewhat realistically. No cartoon characters.

True, but FTWD isn't tied down to comic book material.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Because then the reply would be "Who's Heath?"

I've only just watched now. Everything on between last Sunday and now took priority. While I was watchiung it, I was reminded why. And was watching the timer a lot. Read the ratings were the lowest since season 3.

They can take out all the lookouts and guards with one shot, sight unseen, including Morgan showing off his ninja skills, yet they can't kill a target as close as Negan was

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

NUTZZ wrote: »
    True, but FTWD isn't tied down to comic book material.
    Exactly and IMH they should take that approach to TWD. What works in one medium often doesn't work in another. I've never read the comic, but IIRC they already made some changes from it, so why keep flogging a dead horse and lose ratings?

Wibbs wrote: »
    so why keep flogging a dead horse and lose ratings?

Because ratings are still pretty good for a really bad TV show.

Took me a while to remember him. Probably because people have scrubbed the memory of when Tara dipped off to the Lady Colony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Well, that was just awful.

Ill watch Ep2 tonight but man, the scriptwriters aren't even pretending to care about having people act in a manner people would act anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Finally got around to watching this...absolute turgid drivel.

JDM is soooo miscast as Negan...wtf were they thinking?? He's grand as the fluffy love interest in romcoms but way out of his depth in this.

I'll keep watching it though..just in case :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Just caught up on this. It wasn't great. I couldn't understand why they didn't just shoot Negan. I get it that they don't want to kill his character but in that circumstance they would have shot him. Even if Negan and his crew surrendered, Negan would have to be killed anyway.

I thought Gabriel's actions weren't very believable as Gregory had already shown who's side he was on and he's a turncoat. Saving him would be of no benefit to the group but in saying that Gabriel's decisions are often hit and miss.

As far as the casting of Negan goes, I think he is well cast but the storyline is letting him down. I think youd have lived a very sheltered life if you've never met a Negan irl :D I mean like that sort of over the top unfazed type who would probably thrive in a zombie apocalypse! I do think they should show a bit more depth to his character though like they did with The Governor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

this season is tripe so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I haven't seen Season 8 yet so no spoilers please.

The blu-ray has extended episodes. From a quick glance online I believe it is 6 episodes.

Is it violence and gore that had been cut from the TV broadcast or significant extra footage?

Are the episode commentaries good?

I' trying to decide if I'll wait for Prime to get it or go for the discs.