Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 8 | Episode 1 | Mercy [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any sign of a cure or something else other than stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Nalz wrote: »

We don't talk about that kind of thing in here... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

A cure for sh*tty dialogue (literally) and poor storytelling?

No sign of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Scott Gimples response for why no one just shot Negan during the speech;

so killing the lookouts was ok, he could have captured them and returned them to show he was willing to be merciful

where is everyone else Negan said he wasn't put his people in danger but you think he'd have a few more soldiers and guards about?

So does Negan have plan? as he says he has the numbers where are they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some daft stuff but i did enjoy last nights episode. Not once did i look at my phone or how long was left which is a good sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

so killing the lookouts was ok, he could have captured them and returned them to show he was willing to be merciful

where is everyone else Negan said he wasn't put his people in danger but you think he'd have a few more soldiers and guards about?

So does Negan have plan? as he says he has the numbers where are they ?

The way Negan let the p1ss patrol just waltz in, he must have a plan involving those numbers. Rick's flash to grandad Rick is obviously a fantasy (he said he was thinking of tomorrow) but the flash to hot, red-eyed, bothered Rick seems to foreshadow big problems ahead, presumably Negan getting the upper hand.

Although I did hope for a moment last night that they'd just kill Negan and move on to something else. Preferably somewhere other than in a forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Terrible episode. Terrible series. How long can they drag this crap out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Didn't even know this came back. Luckily thought to check the thread here and have saved myself 40 minutes of my life by all accounts. It's sad what theyve done with this show, in the name of dragging out endless seasons for purely business reasons. There doesnt appear to be a fraction of a shít given about the audience or about.....wanky phrase incoming....artistic integrity. S1 was so promising, such a pity it couldn't have followed in GoT's footsteps and upped it's game as it went along. I have no interest in watching a daytime tv quality soap opera with horrible acting aplenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Whatever about Rick, Can't understand why Maggie wouldn't blow Negan's brains out the first chance she got. She knows she's a target for him, she's up the duff and seems to be grand about the whole husband horrific death at his hands. Where's her Rosita/Sasha like fury FFS?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Scott Gimples response for why no one just shot Negan during the speech;

It would have been more believable that no one shot Negan, or any of the lieutenants, on the dock when multiple people were firing fully automatic weapons if they did not show them taking out the roof top sentries with a sniper rifle and the other sentries with crossbow/bow from longer distances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Agricola wrote: »
    Didn't even know this came back. Luckily thought to check the thread here and have saved myself 40 minutes of my life by all accounts. It's sad what theyve done with this show, in the name of dragging out endless seasons for purely business reasons. There doesnt appear to be a fraction of a shít given about the audience or about.....wanky phrase incoming....artistic integrity. S1 was so promising, such a pity it couldn't have followed in GoT's footsteps and upped it's game as it went along. I have no interest in watching a daytime tv quality soap opera with horrible acting aplenty.

Sums it up pretty well.....the fact is this show was only ever really good when it was about zombies, the early stuff has some real edge of the seat moments

The Governor angle had some good moments, but because David Morrissey is a very good actor and it was intertwined with the zombie stuff also.........now it's gone way off track to the point of stringing it along

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Not the best opener to a season. Things need to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah why the fck didn't they just shoot Negan?? I just enjoy his scenes so much though! I just can't help it!!

Maggie's accent annoys me too! How come Judith is about 6mths older than last season yet Maggie still isn't showing??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

FOR **** SAKE RICK... Just walk over and put a bullet in Negan. Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Not taking a shot at Negan was odd but I enjoyed it overall a decent opener.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

All I wanted from the season opener was for the initial scene of the episode to be one of Simon and Negan in a truck after escaping Alexandria - long pause and then suddenly Negan shouts "They had a f**king Tiger, dude, a Tiger!"

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Boards User : "why cant they Just shoot Negan, he is standing right there, out in the open, JUST SHOOT HIM!"

Answer: Because "they've gone Lost on the plot"

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I had completely forgotten a) that this was coming back on and b) what had happened in the last series.

Thanks to Nuttz for posting the Season 7 recap on the first page.

Have skimmed a few of the posts here - sounds like the same drivel as last series....but will probably watch it anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Fcking shoot him Gabriel. You have a fcking gun!

At the very least the last shot could have contained the sound of a gunshot to build some suspense.

I like TWD, I do, but they make it harder and harder. Meanwhile Z Nation is still awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Not a great episode at all really, pretty poor stuff.

The walkers did a great job of keeping up with Daryl on his motorbike and I thought Carl driving around to look for petrol was bit silly also. He only had a small petrol can so it's very likely he used more fuel than he could ever hope to collect and bring back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I’m clinging to the hope that this can become some sort of storyline. I haven’t read the comics so don’t know if it could be a future storyline, I’d love for there to be some hope for the group.
    At the moment it’s just the same storyline repeated over and again. Despite that I’m Still watching it in hope, don’t understand people who follow the thread but don’t actually bother to watch the show any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Just re-watched it again its worse the second time. I said it before but I just dont feel threatened from Jeffrey Dean Morgan to me he simply does not have that presence. I still feel Steven Ogg should have been Negan his way more believable as a bad guy.

Also please please give Coral a freaking haircut.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I’m clinging to the hope that this can become some sort of storyline. I haven’t read the comics so don’t know if it could be a future storyline, I’d love for there to be some hope for the group.
    At the moment it’s just the same storyline repeated over and again. Despite that I’m Still watching it in hope, don’t understand people who follow the thread but don’t actually bother to watch the show any more.
    Aye. While I have really enjoyed the show for the most part, it is in danger of taking the mickey with the repetition. They would want to start shaking things up a bit whenever the current story arc reaches its conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kylith wrote: »

At the very least the last shot could have contained the sound of a gunshot to build some suspense.

The way the show is going there could have been a burst of full auto and the opening scene of episode 2 would of been Negan walking out with all the bullets in the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

kylith wrote: »
    Fcking shoot him Gabriel. You have a fcking gun!

I like TWD, I do, but they make it harder and harder. Meanwhile Z Nation is still awesome.

Oh no no no. Z Nation is awful stuff altogether.

But I suppose its horses for courses. They donhave very diffferent vibes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

titan18 wrote: »
    I thought it was better than some of the crap it served up last season at least. However, I did cringe so much when Negan started talking to Gabriel and asking him did he have his ****ting pants on as he's about to **** his pants. Such awful dialogue

Poor episode overall.

Tbh i felt the line fitted the character's portrayal throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

jonon9 wrote: »
    Just re-watched it again its worse the second time. I said it before but I just dont feel threatened from Jeffrey Dean Morgan to me he simply does not have that presence. I still feel Steven Ogg should have been Negan his way more believable as a bad guy.

Also please please give Coral a freaking haircut.

Micheal Rooker would have been a perfect cast for Negan ......but he was wasted as Merle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

shouldn't they have shown 2 eps together?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

jonon9 wrote: »
    Just re-watched it again its worse the second time.

What is wrong with you? Why put yourself through that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Oh no no no. Z Nation is awful stuff altogether.

But I suppose its horses for courses. They donhave very diffferent vibes

You gotta love a bit of smashy-smashy killy-zombie fun! It doesn't take itself seriously.

Advertisement