Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 8 | Episode 1 | Mercy [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 19-10-2017 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

twds8pstrpic.png

SEASON 8 PREMIERE

The Walking Dead - Season 8

Episode 1 - "Mercy"

Airdate - October 22nd on AMC at 9/8c | October 23rd on FOX UK at 9PM

Rick, the Kingdom and the Hilltop bring the fight to Negan and the Saviors.

* This episode marks the milestone of being the 100th episode of the series.
    * This is an extended episode, 47 minutes long (without commercials)

Promo

Sneak Peak

How did you rate this episode? 122 votes

0%
    3%
    big sykeclaivabrilou23Fox Hound 4 votes
    5%
    geeceeMackPaddygman127ChiorinomojesiusCork981s3rtvdbwfj81ch 7 votes
    20%
    Washoutduridianjv2000NUTZZdavywalsh7kilkennykittenbanteeshnethbIang87ZadkielNelson MuntzShane St.Casey78riceroKninedownesymrkiscool2Jasper79coolisin.red. 25 votes
    18%
    SimiUnearthlyskipper_Gog2k7winston82GOOSEPAULPirateShampooZero-Coolrednoggin8mvfranklyonMonifeMr.SaturnSteve Holtduffysfarmsabhailforumuser[Deleted User]Bret HartKeplar240B 22 votes
    13%
    Mc LoveGBXDuffwillowthewispkevovekSubacioMr. TTimeGuffyAlonso77brianregan09[Deleted User]Oblivoidhobie21Foreign SportsMac BNoel82 16 votes
    13%
    mewsoLizardKingMacker1dcliffordOrdinary manAlso Starring LeVar Burtonclevtrevtomred1terryduff12Sudden Valleyccfcianspookwomanalchemist33Curlysue76DavidLyons_Agent CoulsonWalter E GO 17 votes
    11%
    somajohnmolloy554nc6000Eire Go BrachDarth MelkorHande hoche!uncleoswaldtcifMadYakerelvis83Lucas HoodCiaranW[Deleted User]tnegun 14 votes
    9%
    leche solaraWibbsCrookedJackfrashYakultnok2008ahaahabluezulu49theoldbreedAlfred BordenFlippyfloppyD3V!L 12 votes
    4%
    DvBShelflifeFAILSAFE 00Liamalonecrustybla 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is it usually this quiet before a new season?

Have to say i only realised today it's back tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kneebreaker

This show has gone to pot. The last series was garbage.Cannot find the enthusiasm to watch it week on week. Might watch them altogether if reports are favourable but feel they've jumped the shark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Unearthly wrote: »
    Is it usually this quiet before a new season?

Have to say i only realised today it's back tonight

No excitement for it. Truly boring stuff.....

How long can they keep it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The Walking Dead Season 8 Premiere: Opening Scene

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

thought last season was class looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This show has gone to pot. The last series was garbage.Cannot find the enthusiasm to watch it week on week. Might watch them altogether if reports are favourable but feel they've jumped the shark.

Reviews are actually very positive, even the ones that make heavy reference to how poor and directionless the last season was.

But then again, the opening of S7 was excellent too....

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

"... the piss patrol ..." Negan

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That was a bit meh...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Meh indeed. At least there was action, but yet again the daft unrealistic decisions being made by characters comes to the fore.
    Rick goes on about needing to kill only one guy(but kills a heap more anyway), but when that one guy and his lieutenants are standing right there in front of more firepower than a battleship like a ready made firing squad we get more of Negan's speeches. They showed they can take out lookouts with snipers, yet can't just shoot Negan? Da fuq?

On that score the amount of wasted ammo was unreal.
    To just shoot up negan's building? Or riddling a car with just one guy behind it?
    Have they now got a bullet factory we don't know about?

I have no idea what purpose the
    flashback/forward dream stuff
    was about at all. :confused:

Now Fear TWD has its faults, not least of which is Madison Doing a Rick™ on some dodgy decisions that make little sense, but as far as pacing and character it blows its parent TWD out of the water. In Fear baddies like Negan come along but are dealt with in pretty short order and in a way that's believable. The baddies themselves are more believable. There's less soap opera and theatrics going on and it's far the better for having fewer main characters. For me anyway TWD is more and more like the source material, a comic. And not in a good way.

But yeah, at least it had action this episode. I suspect that in short order we'll have the introspective episodes based around one or two characters, dragging things out. Again. Probably next week with the episode centering around
    Negan and Father Ted trapped in the building.
    With extra cheesy theatrical dialogue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

agreed just shoot him, those lieutenants need to die too, and wasted ammo wtf?

I was also waiting for one of the hilltop to shoot the ex-mayor in the head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Wtf did I just watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Haven't seen it.......did they go full 'A Team' again? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Must be those magic reusable bullets again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really don't know why I bothered I figured it would middle of the road Meh and that's what is was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

The rallies and speeches were so cringe. The show tries to carrying heavy spiritual overtones but it just doesn't work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I thought it was better than some of the crap it served up last season at least. However, I did cringe so much when Negan started talking to Gabriel and asking him did he have his ****ting pants on as he's about to **** his pants. Such awful dialogue

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

titan18 wrote: »
    I did cringe so much when Negan started talking to Gabriel and asking him did he have his ****ting pants on as he's about to **** his pants. Such awful dialogue
    That was beyond badly written. The standout line in a long list of crappy dialogue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well it was alright i suppose but I'm concerned as the first episode is usually the best it offers until the finale.

The snipers vanishing when Negan appeared annoyed me to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Pathetic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well, simply put, that was absolutely abysmal.

Don't know why I bothered tbh, last few series' has been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Welcome back everyone :)

Well it was certainly no S7 opener.
    Gabriel
    should just shoot Negan straight away, ta fuq.
    Maggie's accent is starting to really get on my wick.
    Gregory will hopefully die a protracted death at the hands (teeth?) of a herd.
    Agree about the cringy speeches too.

Look, not the worst episode. I'm invested so I'll keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I can only imagine Rick has some grand plan that we only saw a fraction of. Because otherwise that was absolutely pointless and the whole episode was , to put it mildly, underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The speeches were so cringey and their smugness didn't help. Then the pinpoint accuracy of the snipers but no one can take out negan 30 feet away. Shooting at Windows, hitting ceilings, was bad enough but Maggie shooting her Revolver up was just baffling.

It's like they said 'people want more action, let's give it to em'.

Why is Gregory still alive? Why can't the priest shoot negan to **** as soon as he sees him?

Such a weird opening episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The speeches were so cringey and their smugness didn't help. Then the pinpoint accuracy of the snipers but no one can take out negan 30 feet away. Shooting at Windows, hitting ceilings, was bad enough but Maggie shooting her Revolver up was just baffling.

It's like they said 'people want more action, let's give it to em'.

Why is Gregory still alive? Why can't the priest shoot negan to **** as soon as he sees him?

Such a weird opening episode.

The whole thing felt like a dream scene tbh. I found I couldn't care less what happened as it was allbso unreal. I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd attacked the compound on unicorns.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This was cool, the little girl zombie from the 1st ep made a return.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bakl2G4l1Gi/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Fairly shoddy opening to the series. They seemed to be shooting the glass for the hell of it. Will see if next weeks is any better. Otherwise will probably let a couple of episodes build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

titan18 wrote: »
    I thought it was better than some of the crap it served up last season at least. However, I did cringe so much when Negan started talking to Gabriel and asking him did he have his ****ting pants on as he's about to **** his pants. Such awful dialogue
    Wibbs wrote: »
    That was beyond badly written. The standout line in a long list of crappy dialogue.

Blame Robert Kirkman. That line was in the comics. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Strange episode but enjoyable I thought, nothing like a few wtf moments to get you thinking....

And nice to see both Morgan and carol totally back from their angst about killing. I just think Ezekiel should have acted in some realistic plays maybe before the apocalypse, to stop him shouting that no one of the ranks will die, - of course they will you idiot.

I don't think they were trying to kill negans lieutenants tbh... Tho I don't really see why that would be the case...

I did like ricks 'are u making me count' comment .

And finally is the introduce black character, kill black character theory that used to be around still in operation, with Gabriel and carls new Muslim friend taking the leaving and joining parts

Quite looking fwd to episode 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Thought it was pretty obvious that they were shooting indiscriminately to lure in the walkers.

Advertisement