Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Patti Smith: Kilmainham, June 6th

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Bambi wrote: »
    f**k me, the man is 60 and he's capable of that. What a set.

And Patti is 71, not as active as Cave granted, but think of how many 70+ year olds you know that could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great gig from both. Patti is always great and she nailed it again. Not a big Cave fan and only know a handful of tunes, same for all our group including my old man, but we were very impressed. Was in the pit so was a couple of feet from him when he came over to the right. Dynamic performer.

Bailed over the barrier and got onto the stage but it was full so got turned back. Just as well actually as the missus was keen to leave during the last song to nab a taxi, which we did.

Seemed very busy as we were leaving during Push the Sky Away.

Dublin in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Nal wrote: »

I thought that was Quo for a minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Jubilee Street was epic. Delighted with The Mercy Seat too.
    The queues for booze were ridiculous. I didn't bother.
    Quite a large amount of people there with little or no interest in what's happening on stage! Bizarre, I don't get it. Do these people get free tickets or something?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,284 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jubilee Street was epic. Delighted with The Mercy Seat too.
    Quite a large amount of people there with little or no interest in what's happening on stage! Bizarre, I don't get it. Do these people get free tickets or something?

yeah, we moved three times to get away from people having "work" conversation loudly right behind us..... and we were quite close to the inner barriers

like WTF???
    if youre only there for the beers and craic then stay the fcuk away from the front areas.

Distant sun, weeping song, jubliee street and push teh sky away were highlights for me.
    I last saw him 13 years ago at EP, where my mind was blown... and it was blown even more yesterday. The end of the gig was just crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

He just gets better and better, such a performer and the songs - From Her to Eternity was stunning, and brilliantly paced gig with the mix between slow and faster tunes just perfect.

Something we can't seem to get right in this country. They ran out of everything aswell.

Had a hip flask with me so didn't need a drink at the bar.

He's not that scary up close! This is my mate getting a hug from him during weeping song. Photo taken by a complete stranger. I'm the grinning idiot between them.

My first time seeing Nick Cave. I've waited 22 years for it. Amazing gig, still on a high.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

One of the very best gigs I've been to in a long time.

^^ Your mate was the big Irish lad he needed to help him get up on the other platform then?

So nearly in the pit, only to have 5 prats barge in front of me and take the last wristbands. Security guy looked a bit sorry at least and it didn't ruin it for me.

Patti was brilliant as ever too and good to see a support act get a proper slot, nearly 90 mins on stage.

Weepsie wrote: »
    So nearly in the pit, only to have 5 prats barge in front of me and take the last wristbands. Security guy looked a bit sorry at least and it didn't ruin it for me.

What time was that at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Simply wow.

Distant sky actually had me crying

so i wasn't the only one....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

He's not that scary up close! This is my mate getting a hug from him during weeping song. Photo taken by a complete stranger. I'm the grinning idiot between them.

My first time seeing Nick Cave. I've waited 22 years for it. Amazing gig, still on a high.

You were right beside me in the pit. I have video of that. I’ll try and get it up on YouTube later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The Nal wrote: »
    What time was that at?

about 10-15 mins into Patti Smith's set. We were waiting on people before heading down.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

about 10-15 mins into Patti Smith's set. We were waiting on people before heading down.

That sounds odd... the initial batch (I think he said 1500 but that sounds like WAY too many?!) went around 6.15 and then the let out another 100 about 10 or 15 minutes before Patti started. I guess they did another lot again after that :rolleyes:

beecee wrote: »
    That sounds odd... the initial batch (I think he said 1500 but that sounds like WAY too many?!) went around 6.15 and then the let out another 100 about 10 or 15 minutes before Patti started. I guess they did another lot again after that :rolleyes:

There was loads of room in the pit all night. They could've fitted another couple of hundred in there easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,709 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Some quality vids on this channel. Into My Arms is one for my funeral playlist;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pl3JGQoonUEw1F5uKEbFQ

One of the very best gigs I've been to in a long time.

^^ Your mate was the big Irish lad he needed to help him get up on the other platform then?

Patti was brilliant as ever too and good to see a support act get a proper slot, nearly 90 mins on stage.

That's him, however the security guard gave him the boost!

Patti really was fantastic. Imagine having that energy at 71!
    stimpson wrote: »
    You were right beside me in the pit. I have video of that. I’ll try and get it up on YouTube later.

That would be great if you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

That was some gig. Spine tingling from both artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

That would be great if you could.

No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

My first time seeing the man live. Needless to say I was blown away. A truly unique performer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

The best gig I've been to in a very long time . We got there about 4:15 as Ticketmaster had fcuked up and I never received my tickets ....
    Had to go to Ticketmaster office at venue before gates opened to get the tickets reissued .
    this proved to be a very good thing , as being early we got tickets into the pit , great view and not too crowded , had time to get a few drinks without mad queues , and even the opening act , London based Limerick band When Young , proved to very enjoyable .
    Patti Smith was worth the ticket price alone, and as for Mr Cage himself , I nearly burst my bladder as I didn't want to miss a second . :D
    Many thanks to all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The best gig in years. It was phenomenal. Patti was out of this world with an amazingly powerful performance that left me stunned.

Nick, well, what can you say? Hauntingly powerful and amazing in equal measures. Packed with emotion which ran its way through the crowd. Some very teary eyes throughout and how could one not.

Epic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Yzyh-PogI

From her to eternity... no words..

Rippy wrote: »
    and as for Mr Cage himself

tenor.gif?itemid=5063031

Advertisement