Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Patti Smith: Kilmainham, June 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

fillup wrote: »
    What's the nearest decent boozer to RHK?

I remember meeting someone close by for Beck a while back but I can't recall the name of the place...

The Royal Oak on Kilmainham Lane is ok, but tiny(they do have a few chairs outside though.) Ryan's on Parkgate St is good. Or the Patriots Inn on the SCR end .

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Due to illness my wife and I can't make it tomorrow. We have two tickets at normal cost price if interested. :(

Hi Dr Strange,
    Really sorry to hear that. Let me know if you still have the tickets. I'd love to go just not sure if I can get a childminder sorted at such a short notice.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭fillup

The Royal Oak on Kilmainham Lane is ok, but tiny(they do have a few chairs outside though.) Ryan's on Parkgate St is good. Or the Patriots Inn on the SCR end .

Thanks Yosser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

elysium321 wrote: »
    Hi Dr Strange,
    Really sorry to hear that. Let me know if you still have the tickets. I'd love to go just not sure if I can get a childminder sorted at such a short notice.
    Cheers

Hi, thanks. Yes, it's a real pity I have been waiting so long and now this.

Anyway, the tickets are still available so just PM me if you can get the childminder and we can arrange over phone and via email.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just step away.. and let the world spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Anyone go to the yoke in the Abbey theatre last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

SandStone wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be separate sections? The last time I was at RHK was for Blur a few years ago, and you had to be there really early to get a wristband for the front section.

Would be interested to know about this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Been there for Beck and Sigur Ros in recent years and the separate sections buzz was never in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Are they using the same stage as FF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Due to sick child, have 2 tickets available. Face value etc... PM me if anyone is looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Hi, thanks. Yes, it's a real pity I have been waiting so long and now this.

Anyway, the tickets are still available so just PM me if you can get the childminder and we can arrange over phone and via email.

Thanks very much but I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid. As I thought, too short notice for the childminder :(

Hope it will work out for ye next time though. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Does anybody know the capacity of the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

parttime wrote: »
    Does anybody know the capacity of the gig?

Not sure if you're asking bout gig sales or venue in general - venue is 11k approx

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Saw Warren Ellis out and about in town this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Looks like no one on Adverts wants my ticket! Does anyone want it for free? I’m not able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Looks like no one on Adverts wants my ticket! Does anyone want it for free? I’m not able to make it.

Aww man, I would gladly but have tickets for Ty Segall

Birneybau wrote: »
    Aww man, I would gladly but have tickets for Ty Segall

Gutted I can’t make it. Someone may as well make us of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SandStone

Been there for Beck and Sigur Ros in recent years and the separate sections buzz was never in operation

I'm at the venue now: there is in fact a section at the front where you need a wristband which were given to the early birds. I arrived too late, but I don't mind too much as the front section is pretty small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

hey bertie4evr, I sent you a pm but I'm not sure it went though. id love to take that ticket off you and give you some money for it

menuisier wrote: »
    hey bertie4evr, I sent you a pm but I'm not sure it went though. id love to take that ticket off you and give you some money for it

Replied just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Replied just now!

Glad it's going to a good home

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

cheers bertie your a saint. I'll be sure to throw you a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Toast

That was pretty great. Genuine respect across the crowd for the quite songs. So very rare. It was quite rammed at times and took a while to get in to the grounds... arrived at 7 and didn't get in and settled till 7.30. Missed a few of Patti Smith and I felt she never really got the connect she deserved. Nick was on fire though. Top notch stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭fillup

Toast wrote: »
    That was pretty great. Genuine respect across the crowd for the quite songs. So very rare. It was quite rammed at times and took a while to get in to the grounds... arrived at 7 and didn't get in and settled till 7.30. Missed a few of Patti Smith and I felt she never really got the connect she deserved. Nick was on fire though. Top notch stuff.

I thought Patti had us from the get-go.
    Great set

• Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Simply wow.

Distant sky actually had me crying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭4Ad

Wow...
    Brilliant. What a man, what a legend.
    Jubilee Street...need I say anymore.
    Hair tingling stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

f**k me, the man is 60 and he's capable of that. What a set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

Absolute belter of a gig. I was lucky to get in early and got an armband for the pit. He’s very scary up close.

452687.jpeg

452688.jpeg

Advertisement