Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Patti Smith: Kilmainham, June 6th

Options
  • 18-10-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Just announced for the Royal Hospital Kilmainham.
    Tickets from €69.50 on sale from Monday 23rd.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

savage news!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its apparently the first time Nick and Patti have been on the same bill together

This just made my day..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I just hope Patti has a full length show and not an opening act 45 minute slot.

They've got it the wrong way around. Nick should be supporting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

think they played liss ard together about 20 years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I know there will be the usual raft of questions for outdoor gigs like this - what drinks will be on sale, do we need wellies etc. So I'm going to get in there with one first - do people think there will be massive demand for this, or will it be one of those that sells well, but not quite full capacity. Reason is I really need to go to this, but no money at the moment. Can get someone to get me one for Christmas pressie.

I've only seen one instance where it was difficult to get tickets for Kilmainham gig - Green Day.

do people think there will be massive demand for this

Nick Cave a hardcore following. Radiohead-esque. Thats all I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

do people think there will be massive demand for this
    Both big hitters in my books but probably not to everybody's tastes. And 9 months away. Might not sell out day one but you have to think it'll be a full house. But what do I know.
    I've only seen one instance where it was difficult to get tickets for Kilmainham gig - Green Day.
    I was at Leonard Cohen in Kilmainham a few years ago (#smug), for sure that sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Saw him play in London a couple of weeks ago in the O2, fantastic show as always and it was about 95% full, tickets were 15 quid cheaper as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Nal wrote: »
    I just hope Patti has a full length show and not an opening act 45 minute slot.

They've got it the wrong way around. Nick should be supporting her.

I like Patti Smith, she was amazing at Primavera, but apart from Horses and a few single songs, I don't know much more.

Big fan of Nick Cave, massive back catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I've got a niece who is obsessed with Nick Cave and Patti Smith. Unfortunately she will be 17 at the time of the gig. She's inconsolable. Particularly as I brought her twin sister to Green Day. Wonder why it's over 18s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,189 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A fcuking wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,284 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MadYaker wrote: »
    A fcuking wednesday?

To fit in with the touring schedule one would imagine.

Would like to go to this but not a big enough fan to justify that ticket price!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,189 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think it's a fair price for those two acts. Id only go if I could get my dad to go with me but no hope he'd go mid week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nick Cave : YAAAYYYYY.

Kilmainham : BOOOOOOOO.

Delighted they are playing over here but sickened with the venue choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

I went down to Body and Soul a few years ago to see the Bad Seeds and thought they did a good job in a biggish outdoor venue. I’ll definitely head along to this. Would have preferred to be seeing them this week in a normal venue with the rest of our European neighbors though.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Why oh why is this not in the 3 Arena!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Why oh why is this not in the 3 Arena!

Cos it's a soulless kip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Why is there so much dislike for 3Arena. I think it’s a fab set-up. Hardly a bad seating area in the place. Easy to get to and home again. I’ve seen several gigs there, and have no complaints about the sound.
    I have seen Sigur Ros in 3Arena and then in Kilmainham. And there was no comparison. 3Arena gig was special. Eddie Vedder gig some months back would be the complete opposite of “soulless”.

Why is there so much dislike for 3Arena.

Its like an empty Homebase. The sound is fairly pants in most areas due to the way they have the seating over the concession stand area so it echoes all over the place through the exits and gets muffled. The seats are uncomfortable and too close together and the no mans land on either side of the stage is useless.

Seen dozens and dozens of gigs there, a few good ones, but potential great gigs have been reduced to just being ok due to the poor sound.

I'm all for more new outdoor summer venues like Kilmainham and Iveagh Gardens. We have very few decent venues. In Dublin anyway. The Olympia and Whelans are both kips aswell.

They should reopen the Ambassador.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Its like an empty Homebase. The sound is fairly pants in most areas due to the way they have the seating over the concession stand area so it echoes all over the place through the exits and gets muffled. The seats are uncomfortable and too close together and the no mans land on either side of the stage is useless.

Seen dozens and dozens of gigs there, a few good ones, but potential great gigs have been reduced to just being ok due to the poor sound.

I'm all for more new outdoor summer venues like Kilmainham and Iveagh Gardens. We have very few decent venues. In Dublin anyway. The Olympia and Whelans are both kips aswell.

They should reopen the Ambassador.

The Ambassador was also a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Some great gigs there, but the sound in the Ambassador was waaay dodgier than either the Olympia or Vicar Street. Not least because of the noise from the bar not being separated.

Not a massive fan of 3Arena, but a million times better than the old Point!

It was but didn't have seating overhead in parts. Always ruins the sound. Same for the Village and if you're under the seats in the Olympia. Three is the same.

Being able to sit down on the grass down the back of Kilmainham and chilling out before/between acts is great.

beecee wrote: »
    Some great gigs there, but the sound in the Ambassador was waaay dodgier than either the Olympia or Vicar Street. Not least because of the noise from the bar not being separated.

Not a massive fan of 3Arena, but a million times better than the old Point!

Yea the sound was fairly bad there , Was only there 3 times before it closed. If they could have fixed the sound issues it would have been great since the layout was great (always reminded me of a smaller Brixton Academy)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

cycocycle wrote: »
    I've got a niece who is obsessed with Nick Cave and Patti Smith. Unfortunately she will be 17 at the time of the gig. She's inconsolable. Particularly as I brought her twin sister to Green Day. Wonder why it's over 18s.

Would it strict getting into this? I doubt they'd ask for I.D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is there a presale for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Why is there so much dislike for 3Arena. I think it’s a fab set-up. Hardly a bad seating area in the place. Easy to get to and home again. I’ve seen several gigs there, and have no complaints about the sound.
    I have seen Sigur Ros in 3Arena and then in Kilmainham. And there was no comparison. 3Arena gig was special. Eddie Vedder gig some months back would be the complete opposite of “soulless”.

3Arena is as good as you need in a venue. Easy to get drinks at the many bars, well organized so easy to get in and out of the place, good seats all round, good sound, plenty of toilets. What exactly is missing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

3Arena is as good as you need in a venue. Easy to get drinks at the many bars, well organized so easy to get in and out of the place, good seats all round, good sound, plenty of toilets. What exactly is missing ?
    Intimacy. It doesn't feel very special being one of 13 thousand, as opposed to 1-2k in Olympia or Vicar st.
    It is better than outdoor though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Something about the 3 I don't like either. Just feels as if the place is not finished or something. Drafty damn place too, maybe that has a lot to do with it. The Point felt cosier. Or maybe I'm just remember the warmth of my youth :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Got a ticket first attempt. Nick cave is THE artist that should sell out in 2 mins, he's that good.

Advertisement