Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Patti Smith: Kilmainham, June 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dinneenp wrote: »
    Got a ticket first attempt. Nick cave is THE artist that should sell out in 2 mins, he's that good.

Got a ticket but never got into Nick Cave. Haven't really tried to be honest. Will give him a good go now however and try to remedy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

3Arena is as good as you need in a venue. Easy to get drinks at the many bars, well organized so easy to get in and out of the place, good seats all round, good sound, plenty of toilets. What exactly is missing ?

Its layout encourages people to not bother pay attention to the bands. It's a venue that encourages milling around, drinking, eating and talking.

You'll rarely have a bad view of the stage, but it's all of the above which ruin it for me.

Kilmainham is a decent outdoor venue, but like all outdoor venues it has its issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Got tix this morning.

Hate Kilmainham as a venue, saw Elbow there a couple of years ago and didn't enjoy it. Them along with NC are the type of sound that imo doesn't work open air. Still, he has been on my bucket list for years so couldn't say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Got tix this morning.

Hate Kilmainham as a venue, saw Elbow there a couple of years ago and didn't enjoy it. Them along with NC are the type of sound that imo doesn't work open air. Still, he has been on my bucket list for years so couldn't say no.

It’s a ****ty venue, agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭bullpost

The Nal wrote: »
    Got a ticket but never got into Nick Cave. Haven't really tried to be honest. Will give him a good go now however and try to remedy.

New best of collection pretty good coverage of his career:
    https://www.amazon.com/Lovely-Creatures-Best-Seeds-1984-2014/dp/B06XFXJ8VL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bullpost wrote: »
    New best of collection pretty good coverage of his career:
    https://www.amazon.com/Lovely-Creatures-Best-Seeds-1984-2014/dp/B06XFXJ8VL

Or just start with "Let Love In" or "Tender Prey"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Fret not however there are already 30 tickets on SeatWave (a TicketMaster company) for about double the face value.
    (there's no puke emoji)

https://www.seatwave.ie/nick-cave--the-bad-seeds-tickets/royal-hospital-kilmainham-tickets/06-june-2018/perf/1124631

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Wowzers, didn't think it would sell out so fast.

What's the capacity for RHK?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭bullpost

I saw a figure of 8000 mentioned somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

FFS, they couldnt have been sound and put these on sale at the end of the week?!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

AFAIK it's 10k seated or 15k standing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Typical totally forgot about it this morning. Would have been a perfect Xmas pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭8mv

I was very fortunate to see them in Prague a few nights ago. Don't know if it will be the same set or how it might translate to an open air venue. All I'll say is that if you get a chance to go, don't pass on it - an amazing performer and band.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

St. Vincent and Courtney Barnett are playing the London date in Victoria Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

More tickets went on sale this morning. Not sure if there are many left.

Where is a good place to park for the gig. Traveling from Galway and will be going back afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ooh cheers for the heads up. The missus was disgusted I didn't get her a ticket. Sorted now!
    Where is a good place to park for the gig. Traveling from Galway and will be going back afterwards?

The Red Cow park and ride. Get the LUAS in and out and jump back in the car and back onto the N4.

Or risk it and look around Kilmainham Lane for street parking. I've parked there before. Should be ok if you're early enough. May take you 10 mins or so of driving about but you'll find somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Dang. I went and bought tickets for Ty Segall having missed out. Don't feel too bad though, have seen Bad Seeds, Grinderman and Nick and Warren many times, and Patty Smith last year thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Tickets got

Maith an fear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Big big thank you from me and the better half - had been pretending to ourselves that we weren’t that bothered about missing out on tickets the first time. Are now thrilled to be going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Absolute starbar - had given up hope of getting tickets to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Anyone going to the Q&A in the Abbey the night before? Managed to get tickets so hoping it will be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is it all standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Thanks a million!
    Was starting to think I'd never get the chance to see them.
    Whats the story with these extra tickets?
    I just bought one now 20.32

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Haven't a clue how these tickets came to be on sale. Got a headsup from someone that got a notification about this. Don't care about standng or sitting. Like all here today, delighted getting tickets so close to the giig..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Picked one up, think I saw it on Facebuke that more tickets were being released today but forgot until this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Haven't a clue how these tickets came to be on sale. Got a headsup from someone that got a notification about this. Don't care about standng or sitting. Like all here today, delighted getting tickets so close to the giig..

Its the usual trick.
    Once Seatwave have sold off their bunch of tickets for astronomical money , Ticketmaster can release the rest of the tickets they were holding back.
    Its a complete con job,and the sad thing is people fall for it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its the usual trick.
    Once Seatwave have sold off their bunch of tickets for astronomical money , Ticketmaster can release the rest of the tickets they were holding back.

Great when it works out for fans tho. After all they are more inclined to keep checking back for tickets than touts are!

I would not go near any of those secondary selling rip off sites with a barge pole! I can only hope its the same for most people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its the usual trick.

I really is a con job. It's a disgrace really, it's market manipulation.

Advertisement