Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Brian : Orange Wind Warning Sat 21 -10-17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Greenmotors

Hi all, I am from Wexford and we got a right battering on Monday with trees down and a lot of us still without electricity still. My question is has Brian hit Wexford yet or is it still on its way? As of yet this is no storm just windy and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Went out this morning to tramore to catch the high tide. Wasn't that windy and I've seen worse tidal surges. Wind was starting to pic up a bit when leaving but not that bad
    37116577374_9a028e18f9_z.jpgStorm Brian Tramore by Leah Burgess, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Hi all, I am from Wexford and we got a right battering on Monday with trees down and a lot of us still without electricity still. My question is has Brian hit Wexford yet or is it still on its way? As of yet this is no storm just windy and wet.

Don't think you are likely to see any worse than at present:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=52.76;-7.70;6&l=wind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Gone very rough in kildare now plenty of spot flooding and have come across two downed trees probably weakened by last Monday .
    Be safe on the roads very strong gusts and floods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lights flickering here in Naas now. Any stronger gusts now I’d say will take out the power

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rough here now in Dublin 16 with driving rain and some strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

Was out running in Sligo

No wind

No rain

Look at that Met Eireann Radar! That’s something you don’t see everyday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

pad199207 wrote:

Where?

Yep. Pretty wild here in Blessington.

Screenshot_20171021_111017.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

pad199207 wrote: »

Yeah it is rare to see that wrap around swirl. Very impressive.
    Not windy here in Waterford City. Just gusting to 30km/h

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Lovely fresh day in Galway City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

My local community in Galway will go bananas if this is all we get. So many matches and events cancelled. They were already baffled about Ophelia and the 2 day school closure even though I accept the reasons for the national Red. I am starting to think ME have overcooked this Orange warning too. The warnings will soon get ignored if 'storms' are as mild as this. I reckon we'll see more than a handful of worse days before Christmas.
    I would go as far as to say it's a decent October day in west Galway. I am going for a long walk anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Was very windy at around 6am here this morning, happened to wake me up. Not much of a wind here now at all, 13kts average.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Fairly strong gusts and rain lashing against the windows here the past while in Dublin.

Gavlor wrote: »
    There's a wind out to sea anyway!
    Windiest part was standing taking a picture of the foam. other than that a few gusts of about 30 or so.

Torrential rain in Kildare being blown sideways 14mm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Lights flickering here in Naas now. Any stronger gusts now I’d say will take out the power

Was getting my hair cut in Sallins at 9.30 and lights were flickering like mad

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wind gusting 35knts in Howth there will be no sailing today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

spookwoman wrote: »
    Windiest part was standing taking a picture of the foam. other than that a few gusts of about 30 or so.

Is that your work??

You've taken some great shots over the years.

I'm guessing Moes won't be open later!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Is that your work??

You've taken some great shots over the years.

I'm guessing Moes won't be open later!
    Yep and thanks.
    As I was heading home the counsel was blocking off the road pas moes and I think the prom as well. Police would have made a fortune there this morning with people driving and using their mobiles to video the waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Bit drizzle here in Mayo this morning
    Thank God for the second time no storm at all here

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Either can call it without consultation. The UKMO have named storms that have not effected Ireland.
    They just have to ensure that they don't forget to tell each other, otherwise we could end up with two different storms sharing the same name!, Unlikely to ever happen though. :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Very light wind and drizzle in Westmeath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

06Z WRF-NMM

Gust

tempresult_qij9.gif

06Z AROME

Gust

tempresult_raw3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

Irish indo used the term Weather Bomb in headline

Theyr as bad as the tabloids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Just back from a lovely autumnal walk on a local hill. No storm here. No rain. Second time in a week that so called storms are meant to batter us. Seriously if this nonsense keeps up Met E will lose credibility. Ophelia.... the worst storm in 50 years? Only three southern counties got gusts over 130kmph... the rest of us got gales or a strong breeze and more hype again about Brian. It's getting silly. I suppose the schools will be closed Monday😉

• Advertisement

At 10am.

431181.jpg

Advertisement