Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Yi dashcam - €44 to your door

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bootser

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks, just ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Patww79 wrote: »

Really hope yours is better as I got the same one but it doesn't stick to the window long. each morning it's on the seat beside me. Ended up using the sticky pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

god's toy wrote: »
    Really hope yours is better as I got the same one but it doesn't stick to the window long. each morning it's on the seat beside me. Ended up using the sticky pad.

I bought one too but it doesn't stick either. It might stay on for 5 or 10 minutes max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Can someone explain to be the way this thing records? What resolution should I set it to? I put in a new memory card was messing around with some of the buttons and then I plugged memory card into laptop and there is over 100 files. All just 1-3secs long. There are 4 folders on the memory card. EMR which is emergency recordings. EMR_s, Movie and Movie_s. Is there any way to stop it recording? I click and it pauses but then when I move it around it starts recording again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Can someone explain to be the way this thing records? What resolution should I set it to? I put in a new memory card was messing around with some of the buttons and then I plugged memory card into laptop and there is over 100 files. All just 1-3secs long. There are 4 folders on the memory card. EMR which is emergency recordings. EMR_s, Movie and Movie_s. Is there any way to stop it recording? I click and it pauses but then when I move it around it starts recording again.

It's designed to record any time it has power. The files are 3 minutes long, but you might be looking at the thumbnails and low quality previews.

There's no need to browse the SD card, the best way to extract files (when required) is to just connect with the app, select the segment you want, and download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I wonder how the Hard braking and hard acceleration is worked out. It's always tells me I have a few hard accelerations (when I know i didn't) and a few times a week it reports a few hard brakes too.
    funny, washed the car today and it reports 30 braks and 53 accelerations!!! I moved the car about 15 feet in that 'Mad' drive but left the engine running... I'm thinking it's seeing the speed of the presser washer using that data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Invincible

On offer at the moment for £29.99 delivered.
    Activate promotional codes before checkout stage.
    AQ3AD36G discounts £12

Z5SNZFQS discounts 25%

Codes are stackable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Invincible wrote: »
    AQ3AD36G discounts £12

Z5SNZFQS discounts 25%

Where? Link please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

AQ3AD36G discounts £12

Z5SNZFQS discounts 25%

Thanks for that. Ordered one today. Total + delivery to the door E35.
    Just need a decent micro sd now.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Magic wrote:
    =)]Thanks for that. Ordered one today. Total + delivery to the door E35. Just need a decent micro sd now.

Memoryc.ie have good selection of micro SD cards for good prices with 2 day delivery generally. Maybe less depending on time of order and where you live.

A review on YouTube in relation to foot cards for dash cam will guide you. High endurance cards are probably best but little more expensive then the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

AQ3AD36G discounts £12

Z5SNZFQS discounts 25%

Many thanks. I was holding off for a more expensive Techmoan recommended one but at this price it was a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

'Magic wrote:
    =);105350844']Thanks for that. Ordered one today. Total + delivery to the door E35.
    Just need a decent micro sd now.

32GB class 10. Cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Can anyone suggest one of the cable kits for this camera so it can be connected to the fuse box?

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest one of the cable kits for this camera so it can be connected to the fuse box?

There is one posted in this further back which i got but it comes from china so use parcel motel or the likes for delivery as it wont ship to here its about £3 or £4 + parcel motel. Also will need to get fuse piggy back holder too so check your car for the type yours is and they can be ordered off ebay or amazon also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

It's designed to record any time it has power. The files are 3 minutes long, but you might be looking at the thumbnails and low quality previews.

There's no need to browse the SD card, the best way to extract files (when required) is to just connect with the app, select the segment you want, and download it.

I tried to download when connected via the app but I get disconnected from home wifi and it uses mobile data. The camera and app are connected to each other via wifi so it's not possible to connect to home wifi then.
    Or maybe I'm doing it wrong :confused:

I tried to download when connected via the app but I get disconnected from home wifi and it uses mobile data. The camera and app are connected to each other via wifi so it's not possible to connect to home wifi then.

Just disable your data for and try it again. But yes it will disconnect from your home wifi for this to work. as it can only do one connection at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yeah, that's right. It uses a direct WiFi connection for the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Just ordered one of these, thanks guys,35 quid and some change.

Just wanted to ask, do I need a suction cup for this purchased separately or is there a way to mount it already included in the box ?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Just ordered one of these, thanks guys,35 quid and some change.

Just wanted to ask, do I need a suction cup for this purchased separately or is there a way to mount it already included in the box ?

Cheers

There is a mounting bracket included with a 3M adhesive sticker instead of a suction cup. If you want to get on to "Chat" section on Amazon and ask for the following to beincluded for £5.99 extra.

www.amazon.co.uk/MyArmor-Recorder-Windshield-DashBoard-Camcorder/dp/B06XQFP2RH/ref=pd_sim_421_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

There is a mounting bracket included with a 3M adhesive sticker instead of a suction cup. If you want to get on to "Chat" section on Amazon and ask for the following to beincluded for £5.99 extra.

www.amazon.co.uk/MyArmor-Recorder-Windshield-DashBoard-Camcorder/dp/B06XQFP2RH/ref=pd_sim_421_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID

Thanks for the info. I'm buying it as a present for someone so if there is an adhesive sticker that will do the job for the time being I'll leave it at that and let the person in question pick one up in halfords or argos themselves.

It's never crossed my mind to buy something like this for myself but I'm strongly considering it as the picture quality looks quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Aldi have a dashcam coming up next week (not yet on website, only in brochure) for €50:
    1080p full HD
    2.7" 16:9 LCD display
    170degree wide angle
    2,3 or 5 minute recording cycle
    G-sensor motion detection
    4 x digital zoom

Included:
    32gb Micro SD card
    Built in microphone and speaker
    Built in rechargable Li-ion battery
    Micro USB port
    (looks like suction cup included also)

What do you think of this one v's the Xiaomi being discusssed here? Is the Aldi one better/similar?
    Always easy to return stuff to Aldi/Lidl even after some time if a fault developes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

jay0109 wrote: »
    Aldi have a dashcam coming up next week (not yet on website, only in brochure) for €50:
    1080p full HD
    170degree wide angle
    4 x digital zoom

Included:
    32gb Micro SD card
    Micro USB port

What do you think of this one v's the Xiaomi being discusssed here? Is the Aldi one better/similar?
    Always easy to return stuff to Aldi/Lidl even after some time if a fault developes.

This one - its got a 32 GB card

1080p full HD
    170degree wide angle
    4 x digital zoom

Included:
    32gb Micro SD card
    Micro USB port

Probably the one they had on offer last Thursday for store reopening, €29.99, reduced from €59.99. It looks like a mobile phone on its side.

Probably the one they had on offer last Thursday for store reopening, €29.99, reduced from €59.99. It looks like a mobile phone on its side.

Didn't see that one but doubt it's still available. It sounds like it was specific to 1 Aldi store?

Didn't see that one but doubt it's still available. It sounds like it was specific to 1 Aldi store?

Yes,it was specific to the brochure that was delivered by post advertising the store opening after extension, had 5 items on cover that were not in weekly nationwide brochure.

34gmr1e.jpg

Its the same one by the looks of it. Except it's now at 49.99

Its the same one by the looks of it. Except it's now at 49.99

TBH I'd prefer the Xiaomi, better value too presently, that one looks like an old mobile :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

dodzy wrote: »
    YI 2.7" Screen Full HD 1080P60 165 Wide Angle Dashboard Camera, Car DVR Vehicle Dash Cam with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Grey.

Link to camera

Annoying Grey colour, but apart from that, for €44 to your door, it's a great price.

Apply code at checkout: OMII9RWN

This is not Xiaomi dashcam but YI dashcam.

There you can find Xiaomi oryginal camera for the same price but from China: https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_268947.html?lkid=12040568

Advertisement