Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Yi dashcam - €44 to your door

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭dodzy

Patww79 wrote: »
    64GB. but unless you need to record large amounts of data for a specific reason, 16GB should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I bought a CPL filter to remove the dash reflection and flashed a custom firmware to increase the bitrate of the video which helped a lot.

Any chance you have a link to the CPL filter you got?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

have two of these,paid 64 for each,have had expensive ones,never again ,these are great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Mine arrived this morning, can't find the bloody 32gb card I had lying around so can't test it yet (and won't start with class 4 card inserted). The power adapter has only one USB port. Lidl often has 2.1amp two-port jobs with a lower profile for a fiver.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived this morning, can't find the bloody 32gb card I had lying around so can't test it yet (and won't start with class 4 card inserted). The power adapter has only one USB port. Lidl often has 2.1amp two-port jobs with a lower profile for a fiver.

Mine landed yesterday. Not opened it yet. 32GB class 10 sitting waiting to be popped in. Will get to it tomorrow. Never bought the recommended suction adapter. Kenny, as Brad pitt famously once said "What's in the BOX!!!!????" :)

Just had a test run. Quality is pretty good and wireless transfer is handy, but slow. Reviewing via the app is also very handy, and works while recording.
    My car has constant 12v at the socket, so I would have to figure something out here. Was thinking about sacrificing one of the overhead lights and its switch as a source of switchable power.
    The size, shape and mount make this a bit too clunky and obtrusive for full time use IMHO so not sure if I'll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

CSSE09 wrote: »
    and flashed a custom firmware to increase the bitrate of the video which helped a lot.

How did you do this? any particular firmware?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Just had a test run. Quality is pretty good and wireless transfer is handy, but slow. Reviewing via the app is also very handy, and works while recording.
    My car has constant 12v at the socket, so I would have to figure something out here. Was thinking about sacrificing one of the overhead lights and its switch as a source of switchable power.
    The size, shape and mount make this a bit too clunky and obtrusive for full time use IMHO so not sure if I'll bother.

the transcend suction cup mount fits these, I swapped my one over to that and its much much better.
    Halfrauds stock them

http://www.halfords.ie/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/transcend-suction-mount

Not sure if you will bother keeping it ? or using it full time ? is it down to you power issue or is it just to big

• Advertisement

Cheers for the feedback Kenny. If you are looking for a 12V on ignition, just tap into the internal fuse panel (assuming there is one in your car)

Not sure if you will bother keeping it ? or using it full time ? is it down to you power issue or is it just to big

The power could be sorted in an hour or so, but the camera and mount would still be very visible both from inside and outside the car so I'm not sure it's worth the effort (IMHO). If it was more discreet I would wire it in and forget about it.

Is there no suction pad in the box?

No. 3M sticky pad only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

What language is you cameras? Mine is in Chinese and do the know how to swap to english via new firmware

padair wrote: »
    What language is you cameras? Mine is in Chinese and do the know how to swap to english via new firmware

Jasus lads, I hope I did not sell yis a pup. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

dodzy wrote: »
    Jasus lads, I hope I did not sell yis a pup. :o

I'm just looking at the Amazon sellers questions and about a year ago someone asked: Q Are the menus in chinese or english? same for the documention/box. thanks

And the Answer :
    A: The camera is international version. All the menus and instructions are in English.

I will have a look at it, If needed I will send it back to Amazon.

Not OPs fault, good bargain, put prob no the best idea to impulse buy stuff...

• Advertisement

I will have a look at it, If needed I will send it back to Amazon.

Not OPs fault, good bargain, put prob no the best idea to impulse buy stuff...
    Are you insane DT ? It's a wonderful idea; sure that's why we all live here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Mines English too. Quality seems good to me, testing it out in a dark room last night and it did well.
    Connection to the app and live viewing was done easy and fast, theres practically no lag either.

god's toy wrote: »
    Any chance you have a link to the CPL filter you got?

thanks

I got this one for mine - took a while to land from China but its the 58mm one you need, might be similar on the site

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/58mm-Circular-Polarizing-CIR-PL-CPL-FILTER-lenses-for-canon-nikon-sony-lens-new-/262670348797?epid=1388894177&hash=item3d285f71fd:g:4ucAAOSwPcVVsg86

I also got an adaptor ring to fit the above to the camera cos the filter is much larger than the lens itself. Looks funky but does the job

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37-58mm-Step-Up-Metal-Adapter-Ring-37mm-Lens-to-58mm-UV-CPL-Filter-Accessory-/310742887373?

Kamili wrote: »
    I got this one for mine - took a while to land from China but its the 58mm one you need, might be similar on the site

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/58mm-Circular-Polarizing-CIR-PL-CPL-FILTER-lenses-for-canon-nikon-sony-lens-new-/262670348797?epid=1388894177&hash=item3d285f71fd:g:4ucAAOSwPcVVsg86

That's for a DSLR lens. There should be some that fit directly.

That's for a DSLR lens. There should be some that fit directly.

hense the
    I also got an adaptor ring to fit the above to the camera cos the filter is much larger than the lens itself. Looks funky but does the job

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37-58mm-St.../310742887373?

wasn't able to find one that fit directly that was cheap

Kamili wrote: »
    hense the

wasn't able to find one that fit directly that was cheap

Ninja edit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Where did you buy the card?

Hard enough to buy a decent card on ebay etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

One was delivered to me today, installed in the car with the extra suction pad ordered off amazon, but there's no suction at all, keeps falling. If it keeps doing that I'm gonna use the sticky pad. Apart from that looks good enough, English menu. As mentioned, the app works great. If anything goes wrong with it in the next few days, I'll report back.

Advertisement