Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Yi dashcam - €44 to your door

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Invincible wrote: »
    The original Yi 160° is down to an all time low of £24.99 presently.

Link please? As i've just had a look at amazon and the prices look to be the same as last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Link please? As i've just had a look at amazon and the prices look to be the same as last time I checked.

You have to select promotion offer just below the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YI-Dashboard-Recorder-Recording-Detection-grey/dp/B01CXDP69G

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Sorry just seen it now under promotion. Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Cheers. Just bought one for my partners car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

So what is needed with this to make it work (if not being hardwired)?....an SD card, a suction cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

jay0109 wrote: »
    So what is needed with this to make it work (if not being hardwired)?....an SD card, a suction cup?

This card is recommended on dashcam forum:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Endurance-MicroSDHC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B07CY3QSST

This is the mount I got, works well, good adhesion. A 3m sticky mount for mounting on rear view mirror was included in box.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MyArmor-Recorder-Windshield-DashBoard-Camcorder/dp/B06XQFP2RH

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Damn Missed that promotion, would have been a good starter camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Add it to your amazon wishlist, it regularly drops in price under the lightning deals.

Damn Missed that promotion, would have been a good starter camera.

£28.79
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/YI-Dashboard-Recorder-Recording-Detection-grey/dp/B01CXDP69G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads how do u suggest wiring this ? Just got the official one for 24...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

"Add a circuit" thing, widely available online - plug it in to the fusebox, add a cig lighter socket to it (cheap to buy everywhere) and you're sorted. :cool:

Lads how do u suggest wiring this ? Just got the official one for 24...

The cable supplied is long enough to hide between the windscreen and roof, feed it down pillar and under steering wheel to cigarette lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Inviere

joujoujou wrote: »
    "Add a circuit" thing, widely available online - plug it in to the fusebox, add a cig lighter socket to it (cheap to buy everywhere) and you're sorted. :cool:

With only the live coming off those "add a circuit" things, do you ground the additional cig lighter socket yourself yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Obvoiously, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Have a look for "add a fuse" on eBay. They uses an existing fuse (you decide which one, cig lighter is good) to create another 12v line with its own fuse added on. From there I soldered the line to the circuit taken out of old USB cig adapter and installed it behind the dash. USB cable from dash cam can be pushed in behind window trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, I got 4 of these on a whim for some vehicles I no longer have, never got around to installing them so selling them now. I've one buyer asking if they will automatically lock the video file during a crash (on impact) so if they have a shock sensor or not for that? Any ideas?

How have people found them in general? I see a few complaints throughout the thread. I got the Samsung PRO Endurance cards too, so hoping there won't be any issues with them for anyone. They are all still sealed so hoping no issues with any of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks, I got 4 of these on a whim for some vehicles I no longer have, never got around to installing them so selling them now. I've one buyer asking if they will automatically lock the video file during a crash (on impact) so if they have a shock sensor or not for that? Any ideas?

How have people found them in general? I see a few complaints throughout the thread. I got the Samsung PRO Endurance cards too, so hoping there won't be any issues with them for anyone. They are all still sealed so hoping no issues with any of them :)

Yea, there is a sensor with three sensitivity levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have mine about 2 or 3 years and cannot fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Yea, there is a sensor with three sensitivity levels.
    What price

Advertisement