Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks OP, got the email this morning, never thought of deleting and offering a new card to avail of the contactless feature. New card ordered, details already in the app so I can use online and new physical card due around 18th Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Credit means spending money that you get an advance on, more like a loan (i.e. paying the bill back at the end of the month). with these prepaid cards you cannot spend more than what you've loaded on to the card which is more like debit.

I mean select "Mastercard credit card" not "debit card" when presented with these options on websites.

I.e. Use it as if its a credit card

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Revolut were giving out cards at the Digital Hub yesterday apparently. Be handy to bag a free spare card so keep an eye out for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

thanks just ordered mine. Have spent a good bit of money with revolut now no bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mrcheez wrote: »
    I mean select "Mastercard credit card" not "debit card" when presented with these options on websites.

I.e. Use it as if its a credit card

Yes. There’s no difference in that respect. Websites shouldn’t really even make a distinction between mastercard credit or mastercard debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Been with revolut 18 months now and I highly recommend also have N26 account which I don't use anymore.
    I deleted my old legacy card today and a new contactless card will be posted to me by mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Been with revolut 18 months now and I highly recommend also have N26 account which I don't use anymore.
    I deleted my old legacy card today and a new contactless card will be posted to me by mid October.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Those of you that deleted your old card, were you issued a new card number on your new card? Will you then have to go through the whole process of identity checks again and verifying limits on your account. I have my account since 2015 and my card is in a bad way, but Ive my card saved with a number on online sites such as paypal, amazon and netflix to name a few and I'd rather not have to set up those again to be perfectly honest.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Those of you that deleted your old card, were you issued a new card number on your new card? Will you then have to go through the whole process of identity checks again and verifying limits on your account. I have my account since 2015 and my card is in a bad way, but Ive my card saved with a number on online sites such as paypal, amazon and netflix to name a few and I'd rather not have to set up those again to be perfectly honest.

Yeah, got new number. No new identity checks required. You're going to have to change your number next year anyway when your current card expires so you might as well get it over and done with now IMO.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, got new number. No new identity checks required. You're going to have to change your number next year anyway when your current card expires so you might as well get it over and done with now IMO.

Thanks for that, I wasn’t aware that I’d have to change my number when current card expired, I guess I just assumed that a new one would be issued with a new expiry and cvv number. If that is actually the case, then I will order a new one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

gipi wrote: »
    Thanks OP, got the email this morning, never thought of deleting and offering a new card to avail of the contactless feature. New card ordered, details already in the app so I can use online and new physical card due around 18th Oct.[/QUOTE

The card I have has the contactless feature, I got the cars last year, is there any point in me taking up this offer then?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I wasn’t aware that I’d have to change my number when current card expired, I guess I just assumed that a new one would be issued with a new expiry and cvv number. If that is actually the case, then I will order a new one now.

It's because the old cards we got were issued by Paysafecard but Revolut recently switched to Wirecard as their physical card issuer. Wirecard has a separate block of numbers to Paysafecard so all newly issued physical card numbers are completely different to the old cards.

meathman0 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, got the email this morning, never thought of deleting and offering a new card to avail of the contactless feature. New card ordered, details already in the app so I can use online and new physical card due around 18th Oct.[/QUOTE

The card I have has the contactless feature, I got the cars last year, is there any point in me taking up this offer then?

When is your expiry date?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks OP, just signed up. Been meaning to do it for a while and the free card was the kick up the arse I needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Got the email but hadn't realised it was for a contactless card! Old one wasnt, great BA! Been using their service a lot the last few years

Just deleted my card and ordered a new contactless card for free, thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

What's the craic about Verification ID??? Scanning of passport or driving licence needed to completed....after the €10 taken.

Are people happy to give then this info???

Got other virtual cards etc and never needed same ( 3Money for instance)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

FYI, as these are a debit card they haven't worked for me for companies requiring a pre authorisation i.e booking NCT. I also got a query by phone from QVC before they would put me on a wait list for an item.

But they are great for converting some euro balance to sterling or US dollar when you feel the exchange rate is favourable and then using it to pay for items in sterling/dollar in the future. Currency trading on a minor scale if you will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I deleted and ordered a new card only to realize that I already had a contactless card.

It was issued last year in August, valid till 2019.

I guess I will a get a new card valid till 2022. So that's a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

I have two cards in the one account. One for the mrs, one for me. Great way to manage household spending. Just transfer in every month and both can spend at leisure.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just tried now and am getting charged for delivery...
    Was it free for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭gipi

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just tried now and am getting charged for delivery...
    Was it free for everyone?

Revolut were giving away 10000 cards free - maybe they have reached their target?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Revolut were giving away 10000 cards free - maybe they have reached their target?

Flip it, had deleted my old card.
    It said free. But then I was getting charged 5 delivery..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I just signed up, created my account and ordered my standard card with free delivery. I had to top up my account with €10 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

tonic wine wrote: »
    I just signed up, created my account and ordered my standard card with free delivery. I had to top up my account with €10 first.

Just wondering ... did u activate it with a pic of your passport???

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Thanks OP. I have a N26 card as I'd imagine a lot of people here have too for plus my Bank of Ireland bricks and mortar debit card. Do I need this Revolut offer as a 3rd debit card?

Could this allow me get rid of my BOI card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Masala wrote: »
    Just wondering ... did u activate it with a pic of your passport???

Not yet, Waiting for card to arrive first, but I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

My wife signed up for d free card and its on it's way. But there's no copy of d card number available in d app.

When I signed up I was able to use it that day online as they showed ur card/expiry/ccv?

To do anything she seems to have to verify identity, which is a balls cos they only accept Irish passports and hers is out of date!

I'm not too pushed on the contactless aspect, can't the card then get charged without you knowing (e.g. giving card to waiter and he scans it when out of view)?

Or if you lose the card it can be used without pin security.

Or am I not understanding how contactless works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm not too pushed on the contactless aspect, can't the card then get charged without you knowing (e.g. giving card to waiter and he scans it when out of view)?

Or if you lose the card it can be used without pin security.

Or am I not understanding how contactless works?

You can disable the magstrip and contactless from the app

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement