Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got the e-mail but what am I missing here? I got a free card when I first signed up for Revolut, what's different about this one?

Two potential advantages.

If you have one of the original non-contactless cards, you can now replace it with a contactless one for free.

Secondly, when our old cards expire, we don't know yet if there'll be a charge to replace them.
    (The earliest-issued Revolut cards don't expire until next summer). Ordering a new card now pushes out having to replace it again three years or so.

Edit: Just noticed my new card has an expiry of 10/22; so while the old cards were valid for only three years, cards now have a validity of five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wonder is there any hidden charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Just set up a new account there and then had to Top up account by €10 to get free card and it's worked...

Did €10 do it? It's saying I need to top up by €100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SteM

Did €10 do it? It's saying I need to top up by €100

Top up for €10 for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ECookie13

finno wrote: »
    I deleted my card now when i click on new card its asking for a 10 euro top up first before getting a new card.:confused:

Same as me :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Shlippery wrote: »
    Had one of the old original cards that was sans-contactless. Deleted and re-ordered.

Happy out.

I don't see the "Delete card" option.

Only "Disable card", do I click that one then?

I have the old physical one.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I don't see the "Delete card" option.

Only "Disable card", do I click that one then?

I have the old physical one.

There are three dots to the right hand corner of the digital card click that and you will see the option.

There are three dots to the right hand corner of the digital card click that and you will see the option.

"Global express delivery with Premium" .. get by 12 Oct, but it's free

Does that sign me up to Premium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

There should be a Standard delivery that's free as well?

I don't know what you are asking. I clicked on the free card and then the free delivery option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had the app for ages
    Never got a round to ordering card even though I'd be over and back to Manchester a bit and order from Amazon a bit too
    Thanks op

fjon wrote: »
    There should be a Standard delivery that's free as well?

yeah arriving 18th, just curious if I get it faster using the Global method.

Better not to risk it and just go for 18th delivery

Ordered, thanks OP!!

Card that was expiring in 2019 now expires 2022 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Do I have to top up by €10 to get the physical card? Do they normally charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I wonder is there any hidden charges?

Been using it a few years now. The only time I've seen a charge appear is when transferring a big lump sum (i.e. house deposit, was cheaper to go with currencyfair on that one)

I don't know what you are asking. I clicked on the free card and then the free delivery option.

I was presented with three options.

- the paid option (whatever it was called)

- Standard Delivery - Arriving 18 Oct - FREE

- Global Priority delivery with Revolut Premium - Arriving 12 Oct - FREE

Decided not to chance the latter just in case I was signed up to a Premium account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andybergon

they're not a credit card. they are a pre-paid debit card.
    I always called it Prepaid Credit Card.
    Is there a difference between "Prepaid Credit Card" and "Prepaid Debit Card"? I use them as the same. I divide the cards in 3 categories: Prepaid, Debt, Credit.

Generally speaking use it as a "credit card" on online transactions (like Ryanair etc).

All those that deleted existing cards, don't forget you need to update your Amazon/Paypal saved card details (in case you have any pending orders awaiting dispatch/charging)

I was presented with three options.

- the paid option (whatever it was called)

- Standard Delivery - Arriving 18 Oct - FREE

- Global Priority delivery with Revolut Premium - Arriving 12 Oct - FREE

Decided not to chance the latter just in case I was signed up to a Premium account.

Yea best just in case. Afair I was only giving one free option and two paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Thanks OP!
    I had one of the original, non-contactless cards so happy out to get a free upgraded replacement. Expiry 2022 and arriving 18/10.
    I wasn’t asked to top up but I have a balance in my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

andybergon wrote: »
    I always called it Prepaid Credit Card.
    Is there a difference between "Prepaid Credit Card" and "Prepaid Debit Card"? I use them as the same. I divide the cards in 3 categories: Prepaid, Debt, Credit.
    Generally speaking use it as a "credit card" on online transactions (like Ryanair etc).

Credit means spending money that you get an advance on, more like a loan (i.e. paying the bill back at the end of the month). with these prepaid cards you cannot spend more than what you've loaded on to the card which is more like debit.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The difference is the email is telling you to tell your friends. You can get yourself a free card (specifically if you have their older non-contactless card) if you delete your card and re-order a new one.

Ah right, one I have is already contactless so I'm probably not eligible anyway in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Is there a benefit to using Revolut over N26?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I've just set up an account and ordered a card (I love a good free foreign bank account), bit when I got to add a virtual card, it's looking for a €9 charge. Is there some option of having a virtual version of the physical card without a charge?

McGaggs wrote: »
    I've just set up an account and ordered a card (I love a good free foreign bank account), bit when I got to add a virtual card, it's looking for a €9 charge. Is there some option of having a virtual version of the physical card without a charge?
    I think you are trying to add a second card. In your app do you see a card under the Cards tab? That is your virtual card, and you'll get a physical version of this in the post too.

I think you are trying to add a second card. In your app do you see a card under the Cards tab? That is your virtual card, and you'll get a physical version of this in the post too.

Thanks for that. My confusion is coming from there being no number on the card. Probably because I've only just set up my account and no-one has had the chance to compare my selfie to my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭brevity

Has anyone ever had to register their identity? I've lost my card and it seems I need to send in a picture of their passport and a picture of themselves.

brevity wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had to register their identity? I've lost my card and it seems I need to send in a picture of their passport and a picture of themselves.

Yes, pretty normal for any online bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Just ordered there for the first time.
    Is my card ready to go when it arrives
    Or do I have to activate it
    Or need id
    Cheers
    Thanks op

• Advertisement

All sorted now, they saw through the beard, glass and ageing and decided the selfie was the same person in the passport.

The card now has numbers on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement