Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C64 Mini

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm looking for this for Christmas, but the current Mrs Ciderman doesn't use Amazon :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck it, bought it anyway.
    I'll get her to stash it somewhere until the man with the beard... well the other man with the beard is due to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

€50 in Smyths too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

McDermotX wrote: »

I'm not impressed at all with the mini, but the full size version looks great, very interested.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Off topic a little but I would love if they released an Amiga version down the line :).
    I miss the days of Player manager and Kick off II

Off topic a little but I would love if they released an Amiga version down the line :).

I suppose price is one of the things stopping it, when a bare fpga Amiga board is 200 plus, the keyboard reproduced in smallish scale would be serious money on top of that. Oh, and people might not bother because they know the Atari ST was better* :pac:

May not be true, but I loved my ST (still a distant second to my Spectrum though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

All you need is:
    This:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Pi-Gaming-Controllers-Hut/dp/B07BGZ7ZXT/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1OL3DXXSY7QNS&keywords=raspberry+pi+3+b%2B&qid=1552214262&s=videogames&sprefix=ras%2Cvideogames%2C131&sr=1-2

This:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1LZBMRIMPZNX2&keywords=128gb+micro+sd+card&qid=1552214344&s=gateway&sprefix=128%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-3

+ Ultimate Amiga download

Absolute amazing emulator. Would run any C64, SNES, MD etc also. Could even be a Pi that is underneath that C64 thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Stuck one up in the Marketplace if anyone is looking for one, literally played for 30mins and boxed back up the last 11months

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Full size version will launch in December. Hopefully with a different joystick. :)
    Regardless, I don't think I'll bite again. The mini is still in its box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It's interesting the way they mention retro 'microswitched' joystick in the video alright.
    The one with the mini was forged in the very depths of hell.
    To be fair, perhaps they've listened to some of the complaints - 4 USB ports now as well etc

Will keep an eye on it but just from a collecting point of view more than likely.

120 euro over in Amazon.de anyway
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07T3JPM6Y/ref=sr_1_15?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=c64&qid=1561458817&s=gateway&sr=8-15

Mr E wrote: »
    Full size version will launch in December. Hopefully with a different joystick. :)
    Regardless, I don't think I'll bite again. The mini is still in its box.

Not a fan of the bloke behind this (don't think he was whiter than white in the ZX Vega sh*tstorm and now he's hoovering up registered trademarks for classic Spectrum games and other spectrum intellectual properties, doubt it's for altruistic reasons), and didn't bother with the mini, but I do like the look of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Not a fan of the bloke behind this (don't think he was whiter than white in the ZX Vega sh*tstorm and now he's hoovering registered trademarks for classic Spectrum games and other spectrum properties, doubt it's for altruistic reasons), and didn't bother with the mini, but I do like the look of this.

Once I saw the video of the working keyboard and micro switches I was sold - glad to read here that there are 4 usb ports - can't wait to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I have the mini , and a C64C so wont be going for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Just saw this last night; reveal video is quite epic.

I have 2 functioning C64 (breadbin), plus a restored A500 and a SNES, so won't be going for this - but again, for someone either wanting to get the gist of what's the fuss about, or somebody who wants to go back to his/her favourite childhood games, it could be a blast if done right.

It'd be SPECTACULAR if the new full size one was compatible with actual C64 peripherals, but I wouldn't hold hope for that (even though, there was the C64 DTV board a while ago...).

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Just saw this last night; reveal video is quite epic.

I have 2 functioning C64 (breadbin), plus a restored A500 and a SNES, so won't be going for this - but again, for someone either wanting to get the gist of what's the fuss about, or somebody who wants to go back to his/her favourite childhood games, it could be a blast if done right.

It'd be SPECTACULAR if the new full size one was compatible with actual C64 peripherals, but I wouldn't hold hope for that (even though, there was the C64 DTV board a while ago...).

Or one that was compatible with a tapuino or SD2IEC would be amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

https://megastyle.itch.io/thec64-game-tool
    tool to add your own games direct to the mini/maxi and in the carosel has just been released

Tempted by theC64 Max. Proper working keyboard and decent joystick. Does it have an FPGA or is it emulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Does it have an FPGA or is it emulation?

It's an AllWinner SOC...so emulation on a relatively low powered device. It's powerful enough for what it needs to do though, and the emulation for C64 days is at a level that you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a real C64.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Unsure if folks saw this, but the C64 Mini is now down to €34.99
    Skerries wrote: »
    The C64 Mini €34.99

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Unsure if folks saw this, but the C64 Mini is now down to €34.99

Where? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Danick wrote: »
    Where? Thanks