Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

quad_red wrote: »
    Where did ye get them for €36? They're double that on amazon now

Post a couple of pages back with a voucher code for Amazon spain

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

noodler wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/reviews/B07MQDMKVR/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8

Anyone tried these GUSU ones?

Great reviews and one of the few Bluetooth ones I can find that aren't in ear (hate them!)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i liked the reviews so i just bought them there. i'll report back

they kind of are in ear though? (which i like) i mean, they are really getting in there.

sound is great. i'm not like a sound on earphones expert here but i really like it. no probs connecting. havent tried em running yet if anyone is looking for ones that won't fall out, they seem pretty secure so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

bluewolf wrote:
    i mean, they are really getting in there.

*titters*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So I'm looking at wireless headphones (as opposed to the in ear type) as I've been doing some traveling for work lately and the crying child all the way back from the UK last week has convinced me I need to do something :)

Usage will probably be some videos and music. Comfort and airplane suitable is a must. I wouldn't consider myself a huge music fan anymore but I have a bose sound system in the car so decent quality is important all the same.

But given I'll probably only use these on work trips I don't want to spend a fortune either. Was looking at a Sony model (WH-CH700N) on the Currys site for €120 so that would be my max limit.

Anyone here recommend them or another one they've used that may fit the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Supcycle

Noise cancellation is a must

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So dissapointed, got a pair of these delivered yesterday and I tried them and I thought they were incredible. Great sound for the money and absolutely no drop outs. Tried them out on a run this morning and it was drop out city. I had to just turn them off.

What is the deal with wireless connection? Is it just a case of keep trying until you get a set that works? Or are they all prone to constant drop outs?

I bought a pair of these last year and they're an absolute pain. The sound is good but they're awkward to keep in the ear. You have to avoid pressing the control buttons when pushing them back in during a run and the connection between the two keeps dropping.

I went through 3 pairs that were terrible for dropping, they were fine inside in a building, but in the outdoors, they were terrible, no idea why, and not an engineer, so didn't pursue why. But I did eventually get ones that were great https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075TGFTZZ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B075TGFTZZ&pd_rd_w=IW1AT&pf_rd_p=46cdcfa7-b302-4268-b799-8f7d8cb5008b&pd_rd_wg=ugCli&pf_rd_r=NTHR5EJV0RPWN6VM8V6Y&pd_rd_r=a6b52a74-7ce0-11e9-9b09-4f16de09a724
    I then had a problem after 11 months, and instead of sending them back for a refund, they sent me an upgraded pair of the 790, which I have been using for over 12 months, running, cycling, around the house, phone calls etc, they are sweatproof, may even be waterproof, the sound is great and the price is right so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Mixcder E9 with ANC are on a Flash Sale on Aliexpress for $39.50/€35.40 delivered to Ireland. I know that may be subject to vat, but I'm going to guess they might slip through with a lower marked price. There may also be coupons with a further discount by clicking "Get Coupons" ($3 coupon disappeared for me at checkout but it's late so I'll try again in the morning).
    Decent reviews when bought around the €60 price.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mixcder-E9-Bluetooth/32945672382.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

bluewolf wrote: »
    they kind of are in ear though? (which i like) i mean, they are really getting in there.

sound is great. i'm not like a sound on earphones expert here but i really like it. no probs connecting. havent tried em running yet if anyone is looking for ones that won't fall out, they seem pretty secure so far though.

Cool.

I clearly read the pics wrong.

Thanks for that review.

I'll definitely try them anyway cos there doesn't seem to be non in ear alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So I'm looking at wireless headphones (as opposed to the in ear type) as I've been doing some traveling for work lately and the crying child all the way back from the UK last week has convinced me I need to do something :)

Usage will probably be some videos and music. Comfort and airplane suitable is a must. I wouldn't consider myself a huge music fan anymore but I have a bose sound system in the car so decent quality is important all the same.

But given I'll probably only use these on work trips I don't want to spend a fortune either. Was looking at a Sony model (WH-CH700N) on the Currys site for €120 so that would be my max limit.

I have the taotronics bh60. They are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

See my post above re. BH060s: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110244689&postcount=900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 KingBot

I got myself a pair of them a few weeks back when they were €100. Great sound. Have only charged them once and used them on the plane back from Spain last week. All good. Noise Cancelling is mainly for ambient noise but it did the job. Love them.

smilerf wrote: »
    I have the taotronics bh60. They are very good
    dulpit wrote: »
    KingBot wrote: »
    I got myself a pair of them a few weeks back when they were €100. Great sound. Have only charged them once and used them on the plane back from Spain last week. All good. Noise Cancelling is mainly for ambient noise but it did the job. Love them.

Cheers guys - I was looking on Amazon and some YouTube reviews last night and came across these

Any thoughts, or would they be much the same as the 2 mentioned? (EDIT: Nevermind.. only seeing Suckit's post above now and they seem pretty good alright)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

I bought the Alfawise V5 TWS Wireless earbuds the other day, someone had posted a link a few pages back and I just wanted a cheap pair for work and walking the dog.

I've been very impressed so far, they fit really well & battery life seems good so far especially for the price. They pair when you take them out of the box and unpair when you put them away, you can use one at a time as well which I've heard some models can't do. I usually don't like in ear buds as I've tinee tiny ears but the smallest size fittings fit well.

They sound decent but not much base but they can go loud. I haven't used them for any phone calls yet though so can't comment on that.

I'd def recommend them for a cheap set of ear buds, can't really find many negatives with them at the moment but only had them 3 days so far. I know the quality of some items from gearbest can differ so not sure if they're all like the ones I received.

Thank a million for whoever recommended them earlier!!

https://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_009146860175.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi All

Looking for a cheap pair of Bluetooth headphones for gym with noise cancellation. I won't be using them for running or similar mainly just weights etc. I mainly listen to podcasts in the gym so want to have noise cancellation to drown out the music the gym blasts out.. From reading above the taotronics bh60 seem to be well recommended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi All

Looking for a cheap pair of Bluetooth headphones for gym with noise cancellation. I won't be using them for running or similar mainly just weights etc. I mainly listen to podcasts in the gym so want to have noise cancellation to drown out the music the gym blasts out.. From reading above the taotronics bh60 seem to be well recommended?

Are people going for the newer BH60's? They seem to be about $99 on Amazon. Do people use parcel wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

IMO passive noise cancellation with a good ear seal is more important than active noise cancellation. Specially if you're going for cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi All

I have been using THESE in gym for past 2 years and they are great. I tried the wireless in ear things but they drove me mad.

Get the bh60
    Fantastic for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Must be over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

smilerf wrote: »
    Must be over

They are usually around €20. The RRP is massively overstated.

I saw these yesterday, I didn't go for them. Posting in case anyone else wants to.
    Mini True Wireless Earbuds
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859288985.html
    Yesterday there was a choice of three, including a pair, but they must have sold out. They didn't look great (same price).
    I'll leave it up anyway.
    The choices were much like these - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002483321.html

Noise isolating memory foam tips on salef for $1.99
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-New-Upgrade-Original-3Pair-6pcs-Noise-Isolating-Comfortble-Memory-Foam-Ear-Tips-Ear-Pads-Earbuds/32951097956.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

The bone conductor version can also be got for less than €3

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/kebidu-Bone-Conduction-Earphone-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-2-Headphones-Sports-Headset-Stereo-for-xiaomi-iphone-7/32948832318.html

^^^ At that price, I put in an order anyway, even if I don't really need it.

^^^ It also maybe falsely advertised as a Bone Conductor see ... (previous post)

That item finally arrived today. (See my report on tracking).

Cheap piece of crap and very fragile.

Was charging it with a power-bank and when I tried to disconnect, It split open near charging port and extremely tiny power button fell out. Luckily found it and manage to get it back in place.

Sound is a bit tinny so not great for playing music, also the stream would cut out occasionally even with the phone still streaming it.

Have yet to test it with phone calls. So it maybe handy for calls while driving or feedback from gmaps?

Edit: Battery: approx 1.5 hours (Dropped reported 70% over an hour).
    Calls: Quiet both ends and distant on receiving.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

corkie wrote: »
    That item finally arrived today. (See my report on tracking).

Cheap piece of crap and very fragile.

Was charging it with a power-bank and when I tried to disconnect, It split open near charging port and extremely tiny power button fell out. Luckily found it and manage to get it back in place.

Sound is a bit tinny so not great for playing music, also the stream would cut out occasionally even with the phone still streaming it.

Have yet to test it with phone calls. So it maybe handy for calls while driving or feedback from gmaps?

Got one too and same as above nearly came apart when taking charger out. Tinny and picks up a lot of background noise but as above might be useful for car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I've a set of "Original z8" bone conduction headphones coming to me soon from AliExpress. (Tracking says it had arrived in Ireland yesterday).
    I'll let ye know how they are, they seem to be the ones with the most orders on Ali- nearly 1500 bought.

Aren't the bone conduction headphones only really worth it if you have a hearing impairment? I had the pair I thought were for cycling, they did my head in. Luckily I had them less than 30 days and sent them back.
    I had the AfterShokz Sportz Titanium (without mic).
    There are a few different styles on DHGate if you scroll down. I prefer the normal ones though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

T-Bird wrote: »
    I have been using THESE in gym for past 2 years and they are great. I tried the wireless in ear things but they drove me mad.

Do they stay in even with sweaty ears on the threadmill?

Cheers guys - I was looking on Amazon and some YouTube reviews last night and came across these

Any thoughts, or would they be much the same as the 2 mentioned? (EDIT: Nevermind.. only seeing Suckit's post above now and they seem pretty good alright)

Went with the Mixcder E9 above in the end and they arrived last night.

Typing this review with them on and even without music playing and ANC enabled, I can't hear the clicks of the mouse though other things like notifications come through. With music or video though they're excellent and good bass effects. Would be nice if they were a bit louder sometimes but that's probably a good thing.

Pretty impressed so far, but the real test will be my next flight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I got the mpow wireless earphones on amazon for 20e. Decent for the price, wouldn't stay put while sprinting mind, were fine for general running. Plantronics backbeat still my go too, only earphones I've been able to sprint in to date. Unfortunately they're about 100e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Got a pair of these Kovebble Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Sports Earphones for 10£
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HMRQCT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_w-Q6CbBEP2GQ5

Think I prefer them to the taotronics tt-bh07, bit more bass. Buttons a little strange arrangement but usable

I still think I prefer wired ear buds

Advertisement