Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Built in mp3 player is cool!

Left ear on my soundmagic E10BT's stopped working so returned for a replacement now. Can't beat that battery, love them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Basq wrote: »
    https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one

These them? Tempted to pick up a pair.. good for running obviously?

EDIT: Bah, hate shipping charges. Have a £8 voucher for Amazon so may price-check there.

That's them, soundwise, they are grand. They aren't heavy with bass like alot of budget headphones these days to mask the bad sound. They are clear enough.
    They don't fall out of my ears, and the dropouts I've been experienced have an explanation.

My last pair or running headphones where Monster iSports (not wireless) and the sound from them was incredible and the fit in the ear was amazing.

Once these Creative ones die off, I'll be picking up a pair of the Monster wireless ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Mine are the 25 euro ones :)

Ah right - sorry. I have those and they're the best headphones I've ever had. Absolutely love them, never had a bit of bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Might seem like a stupid question, but is it possible to get wireless earphones with a built in FM radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Got a pair of these on Monday, very impressed so far:

https://eatechdirect.com/products/enod-wireless-earbuds-grey

Went for a run and they didnt budge, excellent sound quality too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Left ear on my soundmagic E10BT's stopped working so returned for a replacement now. Can't beat that battery, love them.

The volume control glue on these had broken btw, and I reglued them to save me and the business hassle. I'm told that has voided the warranty and they will get back to me as to if they will replace them or not after talking to a manager. Even though that has nothing to do with the problem I guess it would indeed void a warranty, let that be a lesson!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Might seem like a stupid question, but is it possible to get wireless earphones with a built in FM radio?

For over head headset is certainly possible posted a version in the thread, a few months ago.

On mobile at present will find and link my post in about an hour or so.

Check the thread from here.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

The volume control glue on these had broken btw, and I reglued them to save me and the business hassle. I'm told that has voided the warranty and they will get back to me as to if they will replace them or not after talking to a manager. Even though that has nothing to do with the problem I guess it would indeed void a warranty, let that be a lesson!

Lads at richersounds sorted me out even though I voided my warranty, and are sending me a different pair of earphones as mine were discontinued, great service!

corkie wrote: »
    For over head headset is certainly possible posted a version in the thread, a few months ago.

On mobile at present will find and link my post in about an hour or so.

Check the thread from here.

Cheers for that. It wouldn't suit me for running though.

I have an old iPod that use when running and it has a radio on it but no bluetooth, and also I use my Garmin watch which has bluetooth but no radio, so I was just looking for something to bridge the gap that's wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

So the volume on my i10 tws has gone right down.

No matter how high I put it on my phone, it's pathetically low.

Tried a forget and re-pair but the same.

Anyone any suggestions? Apart from sending them back like..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mixcder MS301 are €35.80 delivered from Amazon Spain with code N29EYQJ5
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B071WK1VWY

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/reviews/B07MQDMKVR/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8

Anyone tried these GUSU ones?

Great reviews and one of the few Bluetooth ones I can find that aren't in ear (hate them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Mrs has made a request for noise cancelling over ear headphones with a wired mode.
    As I'm a cheap fecker ;) I'm leaning towards taotronics has anyone got any other suggestions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

noodler wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/reviews/B07MQDMKVR/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8

Anyone tried these GUSU ones?

Great reviews and one of the few Bluetooth ones I can find that aren't in ear (hate them!)

i liked the reviews so i just bought them there. i'll report back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

banie01 wrote: »
    The Mrs has made a request for noise cancelling over ear headphones with a wired mode.
    As I'm a cheap fecker ;) I'm leaning towards taotronics has anyone got any other suggestions?
    I have the taotronics bh60.
    They are very good for the price. Anker soundcore are meant to be good too

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone have the ZOLO Liberty+? They are currently £109 on Amazon but there's a £50 voucher available. Anker stuff is usually excellent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075JCG29M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Bmr4CbP32PGN6

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone have the ZOLO Liberty+? They are currently £109 on Amazon but there's a £50 voucher available. Anker stuff is usually excellent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075JCG29M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Bmr4CbP32PGN6

Lots of bad reviews.

Suckit wrote: »
    Mixcder MS301 are €35.80 delivered from Amazon Spain with code N29EYQJ5
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B071WK1VWY

Have a pair of these on the way.
    Was a toss up between these or the BH-60's and pricewise these won out.
    Will share a review when she gives me a go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Got the Creative Airs last week and have been impressed so far. Battery life seems great and no disconnects, even on over 1 hour+ runs with phone moving, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Have a pair of these on the way.
    Was a toss up between these or the BH-60's and pricewise these won out.
    Will share a review when she gives me a go ;)

I got a set of bh-60s today, will be flying tomorrow so that'll give them a good test. Will report back...

• Advertisement

Slevster wrote: »

The sound core with the bigger battery case is cheaper than the ones on the deal of the day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Earphones-Black/dp/B07P6KDLXP

Edit: sorry my mistake. The ones I linked to are Soundpeats and yours were Soundcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

How are people getting airbud type ones delivered? Won't deliver to Ireland or Parcel Motel

Fanny **** wrote: »
    How are people getting airbud type ones delivered? Won't deliver to Ireland or Parcel Motel

Address Pal works for me.

So dissapointed, got a pair of these delivered yesterday and I tried them and I thought they were incredible. Great sound for the money and absolutely no drop outs. Tried them out on a run this morning and it was drop out city. I had to just turn them off.

What is the deal with wireless connection? Is it just a case of keep trying until you get a set that works? Or are they all prone to constant drop outs?

I bought a pair of these last year and they're an absolute pain. The sound is good but they're awkward to keep in the ear. You have to avoid pressing the control buttons when pushing them back in during a run and the connection between the two keeps dropping.

Dunno but my soundmagic e10BT's never dropped ever. Got these yesterday and no cutouts exercising https://headphonereview.com/in-ear/jbl-e25bt-review/ Only one day in though!

dulpit wrote: »
    I got a set of bh-60s today, will be flying tomorrow so that'll give them a good test. Will report back...

So the Mixcder MS301 were delivered this morning and I'm testing them out for the Mrs.

Never really used Over Ear noise cancelling headphones. Always been an in ear guy usually with a Sugru mod to get a good ear canal fitting.

I must say for €36 I'm pleasantly pleased!
    Robust Aluminium and plastic.
    Comfortable Earcups and headband.
    Feels a more substantial unit than the discounted price suggests.

I'm using a Mi8 with ViperFX and the range and tone of the sound is really broad.
    With good response and isolation.
    Currently listening to some Live and other grunge type stuff with the TV on and the dog running around.

And the noise cancelling is really knocking out the background noise.
    Really comfortable listening experience and one that I feel with a little bit of headphone/EQ tuning would be excellent.

I may buy a 2nd pair for myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

dulpit wrote: »

I wore these for most of today. I flew on an Aer Lingus Regional ATR (the little turboprop), was on 2 trains, wandered around city centre for a little bit and sat in airport for a long bit. All in all, maybe 9-10 hours total, ANC on the whole time.

First things first, my battery shows 60% remaining just now, so that's pretty excellent. My initial impression on sound quality is that they are quite good. I watched some videos, listened to music and Podcasts, was never an issue with the overall quality. I flicked ANC off a few times to see if that had any impact on quality, I didn't notice any major difference. I must say though that these are not the loudest headphones. Full volume is plenty loud with no distortion, but I would have liked the ability to turn them up just a smidge more for some music.

Noise cancelling is good. While on the plane it drowned out nearly all background noise. There was no pressure sensation I've heard other headphones can cause, and the effect of just switching anc on without playing anything can be nice. It's not 100% effective, and I've heard better noise cancelling from more expensive headphones, but it does a very good job nonetheless.

Bluetooth quality was excellent. I had phone and tablet connected at different times. In hand and in either front pocket caused no dropouts at all, the only time I had an issue was when I popped phone into back pocket. The connection speed is excellent, super quick to connect, and there is no perceptible audio lag in videos. I'm comparing this to a set of Anker soundcore earbuds which, while louder, take long to connect, have more dropouts and have a slight delay in netflix/YouTube.

Comfort is good. The ear cups are squishy, but you might struggle a little if you have big ears to fit them in fully. They do get a little hot after a while, but nothing that is uncomfortable in any way.

All in all, I'd highly recommend them. I got these on offer from amazon last week for £50 which is a bargain. Plus the carry case is sturdy enough that you wouldn't be worried flinging them into bad.

Link if interested: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MR52QWH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FPh5Cb96R97DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

JCDUB wrote: »
    So the volume on my i10 tws has gone right down.

No matter how high I out it on my phone, it's pathetically low.

Tried a forget and re-pair but the same.

Anyone any suggestions? Apart from sending them back like..

Increase the volume on the earphones themselves. my earphones have an independent volume control from my phone volume.
    Had a slightly reduced volume for months and couldn't figure out why ages.

If you definitely have phone and earphones volumes up then I'm not sure. Maybe make sure you don't have any settings on phone which are limiting volume to 'protect your hearing'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So the Mixcder MS301 were delivered this morning and I'm testing them out for the Mrs.

Never really used Over Ear noise cancelling headphones. Always been an in ear guy usually with a Sugru mod to get a good ear canal fitting.

I must say for €36 I'm pleasantly pleased!
    Robust Aluminium and plastic.
    Comfortable Earcups and headband.
    Feels a more substantial unit than the discounted price suggests.

I'm using a Mi8 with ViperFX and the range and tone of the sound is really broad.
    With good response and isolation.
    Currently listening to some Live and other grunge type stuff with the TV on and the dog running around.

And the noise cancelling is really knocking out the background noise.
    Really comfortable listening experience and one that I feel with a little bit of headphone/EQ tuning would be excellent.

I may buy a 2nd pair for myself!

Where did ye get them for €36? They're double that on amazon now

Advertisement