Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Got mine today and I'm not getting any drop outs. I even went downstairs walked around and left the phone in bedroom and no drop outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nothing here yet either. I had a small glitch with Audible when I was out walking, but I get the same thing with my QC35s from time to time, so not sure if it's the app, or something with the bluetooth connection or type of encoding that audible use.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Posted my Creative Outlier Airs back today. Return address is Scotland.
    They advised to send by registered post which I did. Cost an eye watering €14.50. :eek:

Emailed them a scanned copy of the receipt as also advised so hopefully they refund this along with the price of the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

adox wrote: »
    Posted my Creative Outlier Airs back today. Return address is Scotland.
    They advised to send by registered post which I did. Cost an eye watering €14.50. :eek:

Emailed them a scanned copy of the receipt as also advised so hopefully they refund this along with the price of the phones.

I think they have to.
    Obviously didn't try for a replacement pair?

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    I think they have to.
    Obviously didn't try for a replacement pair?

Cheers for that. I didn’t ask for a replacement pair as I thought at the time it was an inherent problem with them. Obviously it’s not as there are some on here who’s sets seem fine. I’m guessing it’s a quality control thing.

I quite liked them apart from the drop outs so it’s a shame.

Gonna stick with my cheap taotronics Bluetooth earbuds with the wire connecting them for the time being. Would love a true wireless solution so the search goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beet_root

Ordered these too, they're in customs at the moment :( hoping I won't get hit with another e16, not sure they're worth e40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

any way of turning up the volume on the creative outliners? its like having a bad cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

safetyboy wrote: »
    any way of turning up the volume on the creative outliners? its like having a bad cold?

Press and hold down the right one? Maybe you've already done that :pac:

Volume is grand for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Pter wrote: »
    Very disappointed with the dropouts and weirdly it's only happening with phone in pocket. I'm away now for a few days so will see how I get on and make a decision then.

It seems to get worse when its windy. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

• Advertisement

Yes, I thought the same yesterday.

Travelling later today and flying home in the morning, giving them one last trial before returning them.

Dropouts seem to be nearly 100% on the 'secondary' earpiece for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is it the outlier airs that are having the dropouts? I have the outlier one and havent experience anything like that. I wonder if its anything to do with the bt versions on the phones/earbuds?

The Airs yes.

Yeah not sure what's different between them and the Outlier Ones. I have a pair of Ones also and never have dropouts at all, nevermind anywhere near the level of the Airs.

Very disappointing as when they work they're great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I did that test with my Note 9 with both the QC35 and the Outlier Airs, and I got no dropout.

I cycled up and down to work listening to one of the pods, and it was perfect. No drop outs etc, and my phone was in my backpack, blocked by a laptop. Walked around the house a bit yesterday, with the phone in the kitchen, and no drops until I went upstairs (same happens with the QC35s)

So, for me with this configuration, I have no issues, though hopping from the QC35s to the Airs made me re-appreciate how good the Bose are. These Airs will be a backup for when I don't want to wear the QC35s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

So, my Outlier Airs were delivered yesterday after all, and they're going straight back. The dropput is absolutely TERRIBLE! Sitting in my living room holding the phone pretty much in front of my face and the sound breaks every 2-3 seconds. If I had paid €1.49 for them, I'd still feel cheated, the performance is so poor.

EDIT: I have an Honor 10 Lite phone, so basically a Huawei.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads might be handy for people to say what phone/device they are having drop outs with.

Im not sure about sending them back. If im in a car or airplane they are fine. If im at home on the laptop and someone is watching tv they are fine for that. Sitting in work too.

TBH, while its super annoying i couldnt really walk through the airport yesterday using these, its rare enough ill be doing that. The majority of the time ill be sitting down and will be able to have my phone out.

Conflicted.

EDIT: Using a Huawei P20 Pro

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got the Outlier Ones.
    The dropouts are absolutely ridiculous.

The sound when you have it is decent, they stay in my ears when running, I've clocked up a few kilometers at this stage with them and never fallen out.
    I've tried with different devices (iPod and iPhones) and all have dropouts, from what I can tell, it's when the 'remote' part starts to move when running. On my next run I'm going to try secure that side using the clip rather than the clip midway.

But as others have said, handy to set up with the pairing.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Lads might be handy for people to say what phone/device they are having drop outs with.

P20 Pro & Outlier Airs - constant dropouts

Zero issues with Outlier Ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

TitianGerm wrote: »

I am using g a OnePlus 6 and also a Fiio X3iii and also a Fiio M6 HiRes Audio players and I can't get rid of them fast enough. Have been using QCY tws qs1 and never had a problem with dropouts.

Mine that I sent back(Outlier Airs) because of dropouts were being used with a OnePlus 6T

Interesting. I've just connected the Outliers to the bluetooth on my laptop, and no issues with dropout at all (unless I walk away from the laptop, where the range is pretty much as you'd expect for BT).

Not much use if I can't get them to work with my phone, though.

I do wonder if this is something that will eventually be solved with firmware updates? Id guess not if its an antenna issue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pter wrote: »
    I do wonder if this is something that will eventually be solved with firmware updates? Id guess not if its an antenna issue.

From what I can see, there is no updating on the Outlier Ones. The cable just offers charging.

OK, I think I've found the problem, for me anyway. It's aptX, basically. If I turn off High Quality Audio in the bluetooth settings on my phone, voila! No dropouts.

blastman wrote: »
    OK, I think I've found the problem, for me anyway. It's aptX, basically. If I turn off High Quality Audio in the bluetooth settings on my phone, voila! No dropouts.

Hopes raised.....

Is there such a setting on Apple devices?

blastman wrote:

You feckin' beauty!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is there such a setting on Apple devices?

iphones don't support aptx. I never had any dropout's with my Outlier One's but they don't have aptx. Have had the odd issue with my Sport's that have aptx they generally work perfectly with the odd drop out. Wouldn't happen every day but I did have an issue one day when I was out cutting the grass they were dropping connection every few minutes. Were fine after turning them off and on and I restarted phone. Using a Oneplus 5 mostly. Was considering getting the Outlier Airs but this is putting me off.

Advertisement