Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2018

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Fever Ray the highlight for me, she was amazing. Anyone heading to Body And Soul is in for a treat. Unfortunately it clashed with Nick Cave, who everyone I've spoken to said was their highlight.
    Also I thought were great, Sparks, Chvrches, The Breeders, Cari Cari (random strolling around I walked in on).
    Bjork's show was fantastic, and I admired that she didn't pander to a festival crowd, Arctic Monkeys too. Overall another great Primavera. Still in Barcelona and just about to have a mojito. Life is not too bad sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sparks were absolutely, bonkers and brilliant on the apple stage. Kicked off the festival brilliantly, Ezra just didn't do it for me. Another I caught on that stage was Montero, an Aussie guy (with band) who was really up for it. Made it just in time for Belle and Sebastian on Wednesday and caught Jay Som, Montero (again) Rhye and Oblivians in the city yesterday so a good five days of music. Rhye were on our flight home today. They played forbidden fruit this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Personally I enjoyed the weekend but it's been slowly declining each year for me. This was my 4th and probably last.

The increase in capacity this year was heavily noticed by me.

Nevertheless of course there was highlights. In no particular glad order :

Belle and Sebastian, father John misty attic monkeys, tyler the creator, sumaic, beach house, grizzly bear, thundered, churches.

Let downs: the breeders, the national, abra, the whole electronic dance area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well that was fantastic. First time at the fest so don't know how it compared to previous but I loved it. Have only been to a festival abroad once before (Lowlands) and it didn't do it for me compared to Irish festivals, but I absolutely loved Prima.

Highlights:
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - was not expecting them to be that good
    Chromeo - should have been on a bigger stage, the amount of people turned away when they closed that bridge.
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Vince Staples - such a show for it just being one guy bouncing around on stage
    Guano Padano

Only lowlights possibly Ariel Pink and Thundercat

Camping fests in Ireland are gonna be a hard sell now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've gone 3 times out of the last 5, first in 2013 and the increasing crowd size is very noticeable. But then again, no Glastonbury this year so maybe that has a bearing on the business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Had a look on a few other forums and the reaction seems to be the same. Mostly good but the crowds were an issue.

Parking the bar access for a minute because it isn't exactly required, it caused major issues getting from A to B. From the main site to Bits was basically a half hour trudge across the bridge at times and the crush getting in and out of the main area with Seat and Mango stages to the rest of the site was frustrating. Worst case scenario this time seemed to be missing a band or the start of a set but it is the kind of thing they need to look at if they are to keep it at such a high capacity because, God forbid, if someone panicked or there was an issue, you could easily end up with an injury in a crowd that size.

As an aside, how bloody lucky are we that the rain didn't hit until Sunday?! Torrential downpours for hours in the city centre. Would have been a nightmare the previous few days.

As an aside, how bloody lucky are we that the rain didn't hit until Sunday?! Torrential downpours for hours in the city centre. Would have been a nightmare the previous few days.

Lucky out, last year the same happened with the rain. Cant say I noticed a big difference in crowds between this year and last. Only affected access to bits for us really tho there was one time we chose a band due to easy access to toilets. Felt there were a good few less toilet areas this year.

Early bird tickets going on sale at 10 today
    On Wednesday 6th June the reduced-price full festival tickets for the nineteenth edition of Primavera Sound will be on sale. The festival will take place in Barcelona from the 30th May to 1st June 2019. This year for the first time it will be possible to receive the wristband at your home before the festival (shipping costs not included).

PRIMAVERA SOUND 2019

- FULL FESTIVAL TICKET

150 €: From June 6th at 10:00 (CEST) for 48 hours only
    180 €: From June 8th at 10:00 (CEST)

maximoose wrote: »
    Early bird tickets going on sale at 10 today

Thanks for the heads up! Ticket purchased!

I've no problem getting the early bird tickets every year blind. In my experience the line up is always cracking, unlike Electric Picnic, for example. €156 (with service charge) is great value in my opinion. If the worst comes to the worst you can sell the ticket, and hey, you're in Barcelona!

• Advertisement

Yeah I got mine too, €150 is a bargain considering how strong the lineup always is.

And €250 for the VIP pass is an absolute steal when they are €400+ normally.

Sadly, that price is only for those who previously had a VIP ticket in previous years and I have not!!

What does the VIP get you on top of the regular ticket? Is it just access to the viewing areas?

What does the VIP get you on top of the regular ticket? Is it just access to the viewing areas?

Access to the viewing areas is the main one but this year they added Casa Primavera, which was a private pool and bar area with beaches, etc. You could see it when walking over the bridge between the main site and the beach this year. Looked pretty sweet.

As far as I know, there's dedicated queues, bars, toilets, etc too.

Like I say, at €250 vs €180 or so for a normal ticket, it's a no-brainer for people who want to be close to the front and skip the queues. But it is very hard to justify at €400 really.

Yeah I got mine too, €150 is a bargain considering how strong the lineup always is.

I think it's an absolute steal to be honest. Pretty much guaranteed a stellar line up of all sorts of stuff. Going back just 2 years and beyond they used to issue a very limited amount of early birds for €99, which I managed to get a couple of times. That was just a ridiculously good deal.

Feck it, got mine too, though I think I broke primabuddy this year.

Advertisement