Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

timetable out next week.

Frightened Rabbit have replaced Alex Lahey, who had to pull out.

also, teaser for the "Hidden" stage:

F6840BA5-AB5C-4A01-843E-DBF5ADF12BF0.jpeg.05da977d97b5cd5f2d0657afeea8a7ce.jpeg

oh, and there's a few Irish acts playing the Primavera Pro showcase gigs in the city centre at the CCCB venue during the daytime (anyone with a normal festival ticket can go I think). could be worth checking out if you're milling around the city early in the day getting breakfast/lunch!

https://pro.primaverasound.com/activist/view/id/46
    Music From Ireland is the Irish Music Export office run by First Music Contact in partnership with Culture Ireland. Music From Ireland funds and delivers the Irish showcases at leading international music events such as ESNS, SXSW, The Great Escape, Primavera Pro, A2IM Indie Week NYC, Reeperbahn, Mondo NYC, Ireland Week and M for Montreal.

Showcases:
    Ailbhe Reddy (IE)
    Fontaines D.C. (IE)
    Le Boom (IE)
    Paddy Hanna (IE)
    ROE (IE)

FB_IMG_15230086698959646.jpg.e778bd4cd566db6fee656e9a6a17f71e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

timetable out next week.

Frightened Rabbit have replaced Alex Lahey, who had to pull out.

Are The Twilight Sad not the replacement?

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Are The Twilight Sad not the replacement?
    oops, yes you're right! getting my Scottish indie bands mixed up :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Damn, I was actually a bit pleased with Frightened Rabbit :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Anyone got any gems to recommend? I really need to do more research!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

so look likes timetable could be out tomorrow then..there's a facebook live event

https://www.dodmagazine.es/los-horarios-del-primavera-sound-2018-llegaran-este-miercoles/

Anyone got any gems to recommend? I really need to do more research!
    some that I hadn't listened to before seeing them on the lineup (there's probably better comparisons but it's been a long weekend :pac: ) :

Abra (r'n'b, similar to FKA Twigs, Kelela)
    Anna von Hausswolff (dramatic indie-rock, Kate Bush/Nick Cave type stuff)
    Carpenter Brut (Justice/Boys Noize)
    Claro Intelecto (moody electronic/house)
    Confidence Man (synthpop, like a cross between Jungle and the Ting Tings)
    Crab Apples (indie rock, like Feist/Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis)
    Genius of Time (upbeat house, John Talabot/Joe Goddard)
    Lift To Experience (rock/shoegaze/post-rock, Josh T. Pearson's first band)
    Nightcrawler (synth/new-wave, like Kavinsky/Robyn)
    Superorganism (indie-pop, like Jungle)
    Vagabon (indie, kind of Natalie Prass/Laura Marling/Angel Olsen vibe)
    Zeal & Ardor (metal/soul, hard to describe this, at times it's like Charles Bradley soul singing, other times it's like Megadeath, often a combination of both, remind me of TV On The Radio at times)
    Zephyr Bones (woozy indie, kind of like Beach House)

times available in the app now, presume the timetable will be up on the site soon

Belly listed on Heineken Hidden Stage, that answers the "B"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Any nightmare clashes?

Few disappointing ones for me - Deerhunter v Arctic Monkeys, Superorganism v the National - but I know where I'll end up for each one anyway!

John Hopkins / Beach House / PSB..... boo urns

kind of waiting for someone to update one of the clashfinders, but Thursday is full of them for me as expected, Kelela vs The War On Drugs, two I most wanted to see. Vince Staples vs. Mount Kimbie, Chvrches vs. Nils Frahm, Fever Ray vs. Nick Cave....

maximoose wrote: »
    John Hopkins / Beach House / PSB..... boo urns

ah jaysus, 3 I wanted to see, plus ASAP Rocky on at the same time too :(

How does the "transfer by Seat" thing work?

apparently it's some golf carts or minibuses and bring people up and down, although into the night time there's decent queues so it's quicker to walk if you're in a rush. free to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Oh this has snuck up on me in a beautiful way! Gotta hit the shops tomorrow for some shorts, flip flops and factor 50!

Any other Boardsies going? flying out from Cork Wednesday morning around 7AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Goodlaaaaad

Does there be many Irish at this?

Does there be many Irish at this?

Couple of hundred, more english at it, but mostly Spanish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Oh this has snuck up on me in a beautiful way! Gotta hit the shops tomorrow for some shorts, flip flops and factor 50!

good few heads going alright, i'm on a ryanair flight on wednesday evening, 5 o clock. Looking fwd to it alright. Ride just announced for the secret stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I'm in Barcelona, flew in tonight. Nice and early!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

Detailed map

I'm in Barcelona, flew in tonight. Nice and early!

Oh class! Hope the weather holds up

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Couple of hundred, more english at it, but mostly Spanish

More foreigners every year, Spanish are in the minority now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Toast

Any word on a live stream? I'd love to see the Wolf Parade / Belle and Sebastian sets tonight. Red Bull did it in the past but it isn't listed on their site. All I can find is some crowd called Eventflix have a placeholder up but it looks to be clickbait spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Toast

To answer my own question there is some stuff on the official Primavera Youtube (including a couple of songs from B&S and Wolf Parade) though the mixing on them is pretty poor.

Howdy, so had another great weekend.
    Highlights were Sparks, Idles, Rolling Coastal BF, Public service broadcasting, Nick Cave, the National, nils frahm, souldive and thundercat. Also enjoyed belly, chromeo, the blaze, let's eat grandma, fr John misty, arctic monkeys, Montero, breeders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Slowly recovering.

Musical highlights: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Car Seat Headrest, the War On Drugs and Father John Misty. Pleasantly surprised by Arctic Monkeys and the Breeders who were very good, and a little disappointed by the National, but that was largely down to the short slot they had. Shorter than any of the other headliners I think. And early too.

Crowds seemed an awful lot busier this year than last I thought.

• Advertisement

Crowds seemed an awful lot busier this year than last I thought.

It was pretty impossible at times to get down to the Bits part of the site. Bar staff were pretty slow and practically everyone paying with card especially the brits. The trusty hot dog stands werent too busy though. I agree the national were a bit too short. Bjork and lorde didn't do it for me .

Advertisement