Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'd like to have the line-up now so that I can start discovering all the new acts! No doubt it will be stacked strong - Primavera always is - but I love the fun of discovering new stuff, rediscovering old stuff and getting hyped (four months in advance!!)

It looks pretty likely that we will have Nick Cave, Bjork, Beck, The National, The War on Drugs and Grizzly Bear. A lot of people suggesting Father John Misty, Thundercat and Patti Smith, as well as names like Spoon and Superorganism.

The ones in bold are enough for me as it is so just a curiosity now to see the rest of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Line-up announcement coming on January 29.

Tickets also increase to the final price on that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hope we get major crossover with this festival; https://thisisnotalovesong.fr/

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Nice list that Ghostdancer. No Shellac though?WTF.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Folks, stay off the efestivals website cos it’s practically mutated into an Arctic Monkeys forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Nice list that Ghostdancer. No Shellac though?WTF.!!!
    :pac:

I should point out, it's not my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Leaked lineup doing the rounds seems quite believable:
    DUpsEmlVAAAWblb.jpg

Excited for the reval tomorrow :D

seems to be a fake as there's a few typos, and apparently PSB are playing in London that day, but it's probably similar enough for the bigger names as they're mostly all rumoured and touring at the time.

I'd be pretty happy if it was real though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

nice, that poster seems to be real so, must have been an early draft or something.
    some excellent names in there.

• Advertisement

official ones. Thursday's lineup is insane

lineup.jpg.86a9008c26f368d34e7077abb73cd741.jpg

PS18_cartel_carrussel_970_en.png

Those spiritualized Belle and Sebastian show will be tough to get into if in the usual places

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Strong lineup again. Very on the fence as to whether to go or not, went for a week last year and ended up costing me a bomb, if you were to go Wedsneday to Sunday how cheap do you think the weekend could be done? €1,000 all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Strong lineup again. Very on the fence as to whether to go or not, went for a week last year and ended up costing me a bomb, if you were to go Wedsneday to Sunday how cheap do you think the weekend could be done? €1,000 all in?

Ticket - 215
    Flights - 220
    Accom - 200 around Poblenou for 5 nights
    Food & Drink - 60 a day? so 300

Total 935

We usually do Wednesday - Monday as it' a bank holiday, have breakfast and a big lunch in the apartment, fill up from supermarkets.

Mr.S wrote: »
    **** me that’s a good lineup.

What’s the story with accommodation, do you need to book well in advance? And would staying in central Barcelona be to far out each night?

I'd recommend base camp in Poblenou somewhere tbh, I prefer the option of being within a 15 - 20 minute walk home than dealing with the Metro at 5 or 6 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Does anyone know if there's much of a crossover with primavera in porto?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Delighted with that I have to say, Efestivals was fairly on the mark for all the rumoured acts.

Edit: Only spotted Chromeo on there, haha YES

there's a Spotify playlist here, already discovered some good acts I hadn't heard of:
    https://open.spotify.com/user/odasdelespacio/playlist/6GzFTDqqwVJa4baovwfB5o?si=ES-hP46LSfmqI0l8Y72tmA

Does anyone know if there's much of a crossover with primavera in porto?
    decent bit usually, although usually a cut down version of Barcelona, but with some additional acts. Justice and Nicolas Jaar played last year and weren't at Barcelona I think.
    rumours of Thom Yorke headlining, and Nick Cave was apparently unofficially confirmed in some magazine.
    Arctic Monkeys and The National are playing other festivals in Portugal around that time so probably won't be there.

Flight out there booked for the Wednesday, 120 from Cork, ideal time thou 6AM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

sweetie wrote: »
    Those spiritualized Belle and Sebastian show will be tough to get into if in the usual places

? It'll be at the main festival site no? That's what's happened the last couple of years I think

Sickened I'm missing this. Sparks will be a serious show stopper of a performance..... thistownaintbigenoughforthebothofus

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Björk is headlining the Paredes de Coura festival in August, so I'm pretty sure she won't be playing in Porto.

http://www.paredesdecoura.com/en/

lordgoat wrote:
    ? It'll be at the main festival site no? That's what's happened the last couple of years I think

On the Wednesday? Last year the Wednesday and Sunday gigs were in the city, hadn't been for a few years before that.

On the Wednesday? Last year the Wednesday and Sunday gigs were in the city, hadn't been for a few years before that.

Primavera stage was open on the Wednesday last year, St Etienne, gordi & local natives played it

Primavera stage was open on the Wednesday last year, St Etienne, gordi & local natives played it

Ah right, cool. I saw formation and someone else in the apollo I think. Good to get the pass sorted early too

Ah right, cool. I saw formation and someone else in the apollo I think. Good to get the pass sorted early too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You don't actually need the pass for the Wed night, as far as I know it's free into the festival site. But as you know - it is ALWAYS a good idea to get the pass as early as you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

lordgoat wrote: »
    You don't actually need the pass for the Wed night, as far as I know it's free into the festival site. But as you know - it is ALWAYS a good idea to get the pass as early as you can!

Only found out it was free 2 years ago after myself and mate queued for ages for wristbands and then booted it inside to see Goat. Just about made it!

And I'd been there thrice before!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Roughly planning to see so far:

Thursday | Friday | Saturday
    Nick Cave | National | Arctic Monkeys
    Vince Staples | Father John Misty | Beach House
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra | Mogwai | Car Seat Headrest
    Fever Ray | The Internet | PSB
    | Chromeo |
    | Ty Segall |
    | Thundercat |

A lot more like-to-sees but see how timetables pan out

PSB looking to be quite late on the Saturday, hopefully not too late as I'm flying home at 1pm on Sunday

• Advertisement

Gonna be some major crossovers and walking involved but off the top pf my head these are my picks;

Thurs; Bjork, Nick Cave, War on drugs, Vince Staples, Fever Ray, Four Tet,Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Sparks, James Holden, Jlin, Ezra Furman, rostam,Sylvan esso.

Fri; National, migos, tyler the creator, father john misty, mike d, cigarettes after sex, breeders, panda bear, ty segall, chromeo, Daphni, thundercat, black Madonna, john maus, waxahatchee

Sat; Monkeys, lorde, grizzly bear, jane birkin, slowdive, deerhunter, car seat, ariel pink, lift to experience, jay som, lindstrom, PBS

Advertisement