Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jerseyman

I used both Velcro straps together and it seems to stay put okay but I don't have a lot of confidence in it either. I too will be looking for an alternative - the Velcro will be rubbish in the rain!
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Anyone used the camera yet ? The velcro strap for fixing it to the seat post is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Camera just keeps twisting on the post so it's not pointing directly backwards. I think a rubber elastic strap is in order.

a few people seemed to have been complaining about the Velcro strap for the Camera Light like myself. I have made a clip strap from an old bag strap which seems to work so far. I wrote an Instructable for it http://www.instructables.com/id/Fly6-Gen-3-Clip-Strap/, if anyone interested. Same website I got my U-lock bike bracket adapter from :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Saw this the other day.

Saw this the other day.

good idea, looks like its made from Velcro straps and bicycle spare tube rubber.

When looking for a lock bracket before something like this or this always came up.
    But for a heavy U-lock it was too much for the Velcro. The camera light is pretty big too...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,847 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Aldi Enniscorthy, Merino lined winter jackets,€9.99.
    these are the black ones? the one i got is 100% polyester. anyway, they're cheap, they're warm, only issue with fit is that the arms could be a couple of cm longer - and it's like wearing a plastic bag. good god, i'm in a lather.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Aldi Mulhuddart have some cameras, marked as €59.99 in the cabinet but scan in at €39.99

Picked one up today, there is one in the cabinet but the member of staff went to the stockroom to get mine, so there is at least 1 maybe more left if anyone is still looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I see on Hot UK Deals that the camera lights are now down to 14.99 in store if anyone is in NI, not sure if there are similar reductions down here

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

I see on Hot UK Deals that the camera lights are now down to 14.99 in store if anyone is in NI, not sure if there are similar reductions down here
    saw it 2 days ago. €39 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

A bargain rear light at that money. I don’t have one, but by some of the posts here, it was not one of their better pieces of cycle tech. Now if they were to sell the Cycliq Fly 12....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    A bargain rear light at that money. I don’t have one, but by some of the posts here, it was not one of their better pieces of cycle tech. Now if they were to sell the Cycliq Fly 12....

Seen a fly12 in real life the other day for the first time. Kind of glad I didn't order one as they are huge and the light doesn't come across as well shaped. This said, they are dropping in price at speed, as presumably, an updated model is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen a fly12 in real life the other day for the first time. Kind of glad I didn't order one as they are huge and the light doesn't come across as well shaped. This said, they are dropping in price at speed, as presumably, an updated model is on the way.

New one already out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dennispenn wrote: »
    saw it 2 days ago. €39 :cool:

Marked at 59 in Waterford today, didn't wait to see what it scans at as store was very busy at the time, still looking for one a bit cheaper than that

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Bought one in Aldi Wexford last night. Scanned at €29.99.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

How are these rear light's /cameras working out?

There is still one available close to me but just wondering if they are lasting OK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,847 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you mean the kinda extended lozenge shaped ones?
    i bought two - i don't use the front one because it's too awkward to fit on my handlebars. the rear one is going fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Euro Fred wrote: »

There is still one available close to me but just wondering if they are lasting OK
    I wouldn't be using it daily, generally a couple of times a week. Last time I had reason to check footage it was working ok, and still working as a light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I use mine daily, I replaced the memory card with a 32gb one and updated the software (there's a link further back on this thread somewhere I think). It works well.

Havent tested mine. Im a fair weather cyclist :). A friend got one and its fine. It does indeed have loop recording and he didnt have to do anything with firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Thanks, may pull the trigger so

You might even get it for €29.99 like me.. bargain

Mine is doing fine, doesn't like direct sunlight in the mornings but picks up license plates when they are close enough

• Advertisement

Still lasting, cycle 30 minutes each way 5 days and lasts over a week but only using the camera. I have other rear lights. Only thing I would say is that I have never heard it beep 4 times when turning on, indicates a 75% or more battery, always 3 beeps or less.
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Mine is doing fine, doesn't like direct sunlight in the mornings but picks up license plates when they are close enough

yes licence plates need to be very close but thankfully haven't needed and hopefully don't

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

anyone got an idea when the next Aldi (or Lidl) bike gear might be in stock?

Lidl have some at the moment. Some spray cans of lube, brake cleaner etc. Some clothing, track pumps, various bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Muahahaha wrote: »
    anyone got an idea when the next Aldi (or Lidl) bike gear might be in stock?

Lots of stuff in Lidl Nutgrove on Sunday morning.
    I even managed to pick up a bike stand and their must have been about 10 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Before I go rooting any further, can anyone confirm whether the camera/ light came with a fitting for an aero seat post?

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Before I go rooting any further, can anyone confirm whether the camera/ light came with a fitting for an aero seat post?
    It did.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

Does anybody know if there are still any garmin edge 25 cropping up for €45? I'm wondering if it's time to stop looking out for them.

i haven't seen them in a good six months, probably longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

i haven't seen them in a good six months, probably longer.

Thats about how long I've been looking out for them, ah well...next time

• Advertisement

Well my rear light camera just gave up the ghost, had been working brilliantly up until two days ago. I had forgotten to charge it and it died on the commute and now won't turn on.

Turns on when I plug it into a wall socket but dies as soon as I plug it out.

Advertisement