Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

anyone tried the leg warmers? Wore them on Sunday and my legs/socks were soaked by the end because of the (waterproof?) reflective layer at the bottom. The "windproof" panel in the merino jersey is similarly sweaty though might not be so bad in colder weather.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

loyatemu wrote: »
    anyone tried the leg warmers? Wore them on Sunday and my legs/socks were soaked by the end because of the (waterproof?) reflective layer at the bottom. The "windproof" panel in the merino jersey is similarly sweaty though might not be so bad in colder weather.

Panel left me a bit sweaty out front as well, it does the job but I imagine it will be a cool to cold weather item only , unlike my more expensive Merino gear. There seems to be some sort of plastic in it.

Going back to the camera, got a 32GB card finally, doesn't knock off anymore, filmed for an hour this morning without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

CramCycle wrote: »

Going back to the camera, got a 32GB card finally, doesn't knock off anymore, filmed for an hour this morning without issue.

So did I but mine is still turning off albeit a bit less - I didn't format the new card yet though so might try that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Is 32GB the biggest the camera can take?

mathie wrote: »
    Is 32GB the biggest the camera can take?

It says it is but if it is like the Fly6, it can probably handle 64GB, but doesn't say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

CramCycle wrote: »

Funnily enough, mine filmed for about 40 minutes this morning on the original 8GB card without issue. Maybe it likes the cooler weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

I am finding that if I format the 8gb card that came with it fresh and then start the camera it will turn off twice but on the third attempt it will keep going until the battery wears out. When it keeps going it loop records.

there was one light/camera in the display case in Greystones this evening if anyone is still looking for one.

there was one light/camera in the display case in Greystones this evening if anyone is still looking for one.

Still a couple in Bray, don't seem to be shifting the last 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I believe there's often a few that somehow go missing in the back, that also happen to be what friends have expressed interest in but never pony up for that come back out!

Still haven't set mine up, as haven't been out on the bike. This thread reminded me to order the 32gb card though. Did the firmware update every come through?

• Advertisement

4 left in the cabinet in Bray as of an hour ago.

Today was supposed to be spin number 1 with, but going to have to adjust the saddle bag to make it fit!

Actually didn't have any close passes on the spin, but a number giving us plenty of space, but over taking on bends, so witnessed a car-car head on near Miss instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

looks like the firmware update is available, not sure if anyone has tried it yet:

http://www.quesh.co.uk/products/?product_id=461

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

NBar wrote: »
    looks like the firmware update is available, not sure if anyone has tried it yet:

If your camera is working OK, then I would sometimes be wary of a firmware update. This camera is not meant to "loop" record, but it does, I think. I'd keep my eye on a few google searches first before updating.

I only got to test mine on the bike today, for the first time. Very happy with the ability to read license plates in daylight, very happy. The attaching strap is wanting though. I put insulation tape on the inside to mimic the Fly6V version. Seemed to help. Note, it's not a camera to make movies, if that's what you are into.

My only gripe, which is personal, is that I can't fit it and a See.Sense light on my seat post at the same time :( I just don't have the room, I am about 8mm short.

In short, it's a good "evidence camera" in daylight, and I am sure with a bit of solid glue or silicone on the strap, to give better "grip", fitting would be bang on.

NBar wrote: »

Thanks for flagging this up. I downloaded the rar file and dropped it in the root directory on the card. When I switched on the camera, there seems to be a slight hesitation before the fourth startup beep, but no other indication of anything different. The lights didn't stop after six seconds, so I've no real way of checking if the update had loaded.

I've left the camera running here, pointing at a clock, so we'll see how it gets on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

If your camera is working OK, then I would sometimes be wary of a firmware update.
    Good advice. It's easy to find yourself a volunteer beta tester.
    I'd keep my eye on a few google searches first before updating.
    +1

Thanks for flagging this up. I downloaded the rar file and dropped it in the root directory on the card. When I switched on the camera, there seems to be a slight hesitation before the fourth startup beep, but no other indication of anything different. The lights didn't stop after six seconds, so I've no real way of checking if the update had loaded.

I've left the camera running here, pointing at a clock, so we'll see how it gets on.

Was yours turning off? Will be interested to see how you get on with the update so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

With the camera attached to a PC, Right click on the VER file and choose "Open with" and choose note pad.

The original was 17060801_V3

If yours says that, then the upgrade didn't work. Try unzipping the .rar and use the final file instead JL_AC51.bfu

It does say to reformat the card when done too.

Possibly worth noting, with a Fly6 firmware update, once you add the file, you disconnect from the PC and push the start button once, rather than holding it in to turn the camera on, if that makes sense.

With the camera attached to a PC, Right click on the VER file and choose "Open with" and choose note pad.

The original was 17060801_V3

If yours says that, then the upgrade didn't work. Try unzipping the .rar and use the final file instead JL_AC51.bfu

It does say to reformat the card when done too.

Possibly worth noting, with a Fly6 firmware update, once you add the file, you disconnect from the PC and push the start button once, rather than holding it in to turn the camera on, if that makes sense.

Thanks, I'm up to 171026_V3 for the VER - is that progress?

Make sure you wipe the memory card first, and drop the .bfu file from the FIRMWARE folder in the RAR file onto the root directory of the card for best results.

Thanks, I'm up to 171026_V3 for the VER - is that progress?

Make sure you wipe the memory card first, and drop the .bfu file from the FIRMWARE folder in the RAR file onto the root directory of the card for best results.

Woohoo, looks like the firmware update sorted the auto-shutoff problem. I ran for 40 minutes and then for a few hours (seriously, seemed to run for ever, without running out of battery) last night without shutting off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Has anyone been having issues with just the back light (top left in the pic)

Everytime i hit a bump in the road it switches off..

front-rear-led-bike-lights-03-1505475730319-19077wwgsflcv-630-80.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

nope, sounds like it could be a loose connection in yours?
    mine is slung off my saddlebag which probably means it's not getting a big a jolt from potholes as it would direct mounted to the frame.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nope, sounds like it could be a loose connection in yours?
    mine is slung off my saddlebag which probably means it's not getting a big a jolt from potholes as it would direct mounted to the frame.

Yeah thats what i though, will stick it on the back pack or helmet and see if that helps

water ingress maybe? take it apart and let it dry out if so.

water ingress maybe? take it apart and let it dry out if so.

Definitely a connector issue. No water ingress, its been on my new bike and that's been a dry weather bike so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

the spray on cleaner is great
    so are the little led bike lights
    and the wet/dry oil

its still too mild to use the gloves or shoe protectors

front-rear-led-bike-lights-03-1505475730319-19077wwgsflcv-630-80.jpg

My rear light is great, the front decided to run out of juice after an hour or so the other day. I’ve given it a long charge so we’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

First go with the camera/ light this morning. As others have said, not that impressed with the strap, but it survived the N11 cycle lanes in bound anyway. Not sure what to do, probably look at a tether, as it'll be moving between bikes and too good to be left on the bike at work too.

Can't review the footage due to work restrictions, but will be interested to see how it handled the twilight, and the light being on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my rear light gave up on me at some point this morning - i reckon after about three or four hours on a full charge, on solid, but on the lowest brightness.

Woohoo, looks like the firmware update sorted the auto-shutoff problem. I ran for 40 minutes and then for a few hours (seriously, seemed to run for ever, without running out of battery) last night without shutting off.

Yep, updated mine last night and no turn offs this morning on the way in, so far so good!

• Advertisement

Yep, updated mine last night and no turn offs this morning on the way in, so far so good!
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add that! I hadn't used it, but did the update last night as well, and got past the 20 minute mark.

Advertisement