Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought one of the merino base layers yesterday, I tried it on when I got home but haven't worn it yet. It seems fairly similar to others I have but only time will tell. I have a merino base layer I bought in TkMaxx about 3 years ago, its been wore countless times and is still in near new condition and hasn't lost its shape. I cant remember the brand (Eco something - they're an Australian company/brand) If the aldi top lasts as long it'll be money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have an extensive collection of merino base layers which I use for sailing.

Aldi one is fine - lighter than some of the (purposely bought) heavyweight Icebreaker stuff, but as far as I can see no worse in quality. It's bargain stuff as far as I'm concerned, I'm only sorry I missed them this time round as I'd have stocked up!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

<Mod Voice> #I think the Aldi Merino Talk can go in the Aldi specials thread.

Normal. I like the aldi merino I bought in the past. I don't mind it's sizing as it's comfortable, and does it's job quite well. Don't go throwing a non breathable jacket on top though, as it half defeats its purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Does anybody find the merino baselayers quite itchy? does this go away once washed or should i just bring them back? didnt like the feeling of them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Does anybody find the merino baselayers quite itchy? does this go away once washed or should i just bring them back? didnt like the feeling of them at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Yeah find all the marino stuff from Aldi really itchy....have one or two high end Marino stuff and its not itchy at all. In fact you would not know it's wool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

brownian wrote: »
    Some are better than others. Some lose their shape very quickly (Galibier, with apologies to the Galibier lovers on here); others hold their shape really well (Icebreaker, Isobaa, Rivelo). Full retail on merino is often crazy prices...sportpursuit generally has a fair stock of it.

Second that on galibier. Mine is gone an even more unusual shape than it was originally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Second that on galibier. Mine is gone an even more unusual shape than it was originally!

Mines the same from Galibier, loose and baggy so I don't even use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

SO is it confirmed the camera works on loop recording ?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

Re: Aldi camera light

Late to the party but called to 3 Aldis today but sold out.

Appreciate if anyone spots one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

SnailsPace wrote: »

The one in santry had one earlier

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Youngest has been eyeing up my turbo for awhile now, so OH picked up one of the cheap Aldi ones for her with a view of moving our regular Rick & Morty, Game of Thrones etc... sessions from the couch to the bikes over the Winter. Could be great, could be a cheap turbo in the ads section in a few months, time will tell....

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Seen one on display in Coolock today

SO is it confirmed the camera works on loop recording ?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-aldi-thursday/page/3

Looks like it does from this above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

twenty of them in mullingar this evening, at least

Got the rear led light to replace my crappy aliexpress one.

Hot damn it's a good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

Does anybody know if the shoe covers are any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CapnHex

I bought the shoe covers last year. They didn't last very long for me. Maybe I abused them too much by walking from bike shed to office in them.

Takca wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the shoe covers are any good?

I found them to be great. Got a bit chaffed from pedal "wear" near the cleat opening. Otherwise still in great nick.

Edit : damn predicting iPhone text!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Gerry

I found them to be great. Got a bit chaffed from pedal warmers near the cleat opening. Otherwise still in great nick.

Pedal warmers.. sorry, I'm missing something f here :)

• Advertisement

Gerry wrote: »
    Pedal warmers.. sorry, I'm missing something f here :)

Well I did say I found them to be great...

Clarified the errant phrase above but you got me!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

CapnHex wrote: »
    I bought the shoe covers last year. They didn't last very long for me. Maybe I abused them too much by walking from bike shed to office in them.
    I found them to be great. Got a bit chaffed from pedal "wear" near the cleat opening. Otherwise still in great nick.

thanks, I think I'll chance them, I havn't had shoe covers before so I figure I'll get something relatively cheap while I figure out if I'll make use of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Just did a quick spin to test the camera. I'm happy with it, was able to read the reg plates on close passes and it seems to break the recordings down into 5 min segments which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Just did a quick spin to test the camera. I'm happy with it, was able to read the reg plates on close passes and it seems to break the recordings down into 5 min segments which is handy.

A lot of nervous taxi drivers in Dublin today with all these cameras going around .
    That was a great bargain and worth its weight in gold if ever needed but hopefully not .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I can see why the manufacturers of the Fly6 are taking a case, the Aldi one is more or less identical down to the shape of the buttons which seems odd. Is the outsourced manufacturer on a solo run?

You really need to view it on the Cycliq site to see the resemblance, and the saving!

https://cycliq.com/products/fly6/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

AmberGold wrote: »
    I can see why the manufacturers of the Fly6 are taking a case, the Aldi one is more or less identical down to the shape of the buttons which seems odd. Is the outsourced manufacturer on a solo run?

You really need to view it on the Cycliq site to see the resemblance, and the saving!

https://cycliq.com/products/fly6/

Are they taking a case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Weepsie wrote: »
    Are they taking a case?

I’ve seen various commentary, not least from Cycliq to say they are looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

One camera/light in the display case at Nutgrove if anyone is looking - I resisted temptation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I was pleased to find that the base layer came in XL, though the spec just mentioned L

https://www.aldi.ie/men%27s-seamless-base-layer-top/p/071274067806301

But after trying it on, it is definitely tighter than previous XL yokes I've got in Lidl or Aldi. It left me with a not-so-fetching muffin top belly sticking out, so they're going back.

Advertisement