Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso innissia machine 58e in Debenhams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I have had a Pixie for five years, and have only once bought Nespresso pods - machine is as good as the day I bought it! I have tried all the pods - including bringing pods home from France before we could buy them in the supermarket here. Supervalu have been successful for me, but I like the new Aldi ones and the L'Or ones. Great to have the choice, especially as the Nespresso shop does my head in.

Re the aerochino, I have it even though I don't take milk in coffee - for people who like hot frothy milk in coffee, it is a big hit - very easy to use and to wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

vienne86 wrote: »
    I have had a Pixie for five years, and have only once bought Nespresso pods - machine is as good as the day I bought it! I have tried all the pods - including bringing pods home from France before we could buy them in the supermarket here. Supervalu have been successful for me, but I like the new Aldi ones and the L'Or ones. Great to have the choice, especially as the Nespresso shop does my head in.

Re the aerochino, I have it even though I don't take milk in coffee - for people who like hot frothy milk in coffee, it is a big hit - very easy to use and to wash.

Hi Vienne86 , I drink coffee, but mainly cappuccino and I like them hot and frothy, would you recommend this deal?? I don't know what's the difference between the machines on offer at the moment , innisia, prodigio etc or do I just need an aerochino? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you like cappuccino then you need a nespresso machine for the coffee and a frother (nespresso frother is called aeroccino) for the milk.

The coffee out of any of the nespresso machines is the same either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you like cappuccino then you need a nespresso machine for the coffee and a frother (nespresso frother is called aeroccino) for the milk.

The coffee out of any of the nespresso machines is the same either way.

Dumb question I know but what's the main difference between all the machines on offer assuming they all cater for espressos??

• Advertisement

Hi guys. You all seem to be knowledgable on these machines
    Can someone tell be the difference between these two machines- both bargain alerts @ 49 and 58 reduced from

http://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/coffee-machines/nespresso-en/inissia-nespresso-machine-xn100140.html

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_325004040460_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Hoolies wrote: »
    I got a Inissa in Jan of this year and the Aldi pods are not compatible.

Have had the Aldi ones melt and deform. Even when it does perforate you can tell the machine is under pressure to pump it. Had the same thing happen on Inissia at work.

I had about an 80% success rate with the aldi ones in my inissia didn't like any of them though. The lidl ones have no issues though because they are preperforated the lungo is OK. The l'or lungo is better and also works great in my inissia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The XN100140 (Harvey Norman) is manufactured by Krups and the 11350 (Debenhams) is manufactured by Magimix.

Patww79 wrote: »
    The XN100140 (Harvey Norman) is manufactured by Krups and the 11350 (Debenhams) is manufactured by Magimix.

Thanks guys. Wattage and bar pressure appear to be the same. Do these things make a decent cup of coffee ? I'm not looking for high end but if I thought there's something better out there under 100 I'd consider it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Coffee purists obviously don't like them as they're not up there with the best, but for the masses it makes a decent coffee with minimal fuss.

Coffee purists obviously don't like them as they're not up there with the best, but for the masses it makes a decent coffee with minimal fuss.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    They make a decent coffee, lots of options with the pods and they're pretty cheap, even the official ones. Machines are also fairly hassle free and will last a long time.

For everyday coffee they're perfect.

Thanks all for replying. Very helpful. I'll probably buy the 58 Euro one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Thanks guys. Wattage and bar pressure appear to be the same. Do these things make a decent cup of coffee ? I'm not looking for high end but if I thought there's something better out there under 100 I'd consider it.

I have a gaggia machine and grinder too as well as nespresso. Nespresso is not on par with fresh beans in a decent machine but its faster, simpler and a lot less cleaning and still a lot better than 90% of coffee you'll get outside a decent coffee shop. It also means that the wife and kids can make a reasonable coffee whereas the gaggia is too much of a faff for them.

Main thing to bear in mind is that its only 5g of coffee in each pod which is ok for espresso, for lungo I think 110ml is a stretch with 5g. If you want a mug of coffee you're going to need two pods. The mistake I see people make is pressing the button a second time to make a mug, pushing 180-200ml of water through a capsule this produces a horrible overextracted dishwater cup of coffee. If you want to dilute it americano style use water from a kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I used to have a Nespresso replaced it with a bean to cup last year from the Amazon warehouse got it for 185 euros.

Best thing I have ever got.

Makes better coffee and works out cheaper in the long run as you can get a good KG of coffee for 14 euros. And 7g pair cup so near 120 cups from a bag. 8c a cup it works out.

Only issue is cleaning the machine out once a month inside the waste and drip tray is no different then cleaning the Nespresso.

If you like coffee well worth spending the extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The Aldi pods are the same pods as Super Valu now. When they were in the longer Nespresso style packaging they were useless. The best value metal type are the L'Or ones for €3 in Super Valu and Dunnes.

That said, I've used Aldi, Lidl, and Super Valu for years and the machine is fine.

L'Or are on special offer on both Dunnes and supervalu, 2x boxes of 10 for €5. They're aluminium pod which I find makes much nicer coffee. I'm loving the strength 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Slightly ot but any good bean to cup offers at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

martyoo wrote: »
    Slightly ot but any good bean to cup offers at the moment?

Have a look on the Amazon warehouse.

Free post as well.

I got one for my father for his birthday for 200 from Germany posted. The same one is 550 in Currys.

There boxes with loads of marks from the warehouse but you still get the same cover as you would from normal Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Horses for courses. Before about 10 a.m., I like a long coffee with cold milk - I use a filter or cafetiere and wouldn't dream of using the Nesoresso for this. Later in the day, it's espressos for me, and the Nespresso does a great job and is much handier than a regular espresso machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Amazon warehouse deal on at moment, less than €50 now
    Amazon Warehouse Nespresso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

My innissa from debenhams was delivered this morning. Can't wait to try it out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭gipi

OP here. The capsules in my Debenhams machine are current, best before Feb 2018. There's a voucher inside the machine with the offer of a free milk frother if you buy 150 grand cru capsules before the end of the year. I haven't used it yet so don't know if it works with generics.

Speaking of generics, I've tried a few, disliked most of them, but have found my favourites at finecoffeeclub.ie Cheaper and in my opinion the best since the originals. No connection other than a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

gipi wrote: »
    OP here. The capsules in my Debenhams machine are current, best before Feb 2018. There's a voucher inside the machine with the offer of a free milk frother if you buy 150 grand cru capsules before the end of the year. I haven't used it yet so don't know if it works with generics.

Speaking of generics, I've tried a few, disliked most of them, but have found my favourites at finecoffeeclub.ie Cheaper and in my opinion the best since the originals. No connection other than a happy customer.

Glad it worked out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

20 Kenco capsules (aluminium) for €3.99 in Dunnes this evening. About to try one now, will report back.

Edit -

For me, these weren't great... coffee a bit too acidic, not the greatest flavour and the creamy goodness on top was thin, light and full of bubbles.

So far, nothing comes close to the L'Or as far as I'm concerned... but they were full price in Dunnes this evening :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Bought the Inissia in Harvey Norman today. €49 as advertised.

Be sure to check the box sticker for the colour you want

Choice of Black (made by Magimix) and White (made by Krups).

Now €49.50 in Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

From experience (home and work), Magimix make the best machines in terms of reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭gipi

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Now €49.50 in Debenhams.

Aaarrrgghhh!!

gipi wrote: »
    Aaarrrgghhh!!

I know how you feel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Sixtoes wrote: »
    I know how you feel!

On the upside...I'm only seeing this thread today!

Tempted to get the Aerocino deal as well with the capsules!

Advertisement