Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso innissia machine 58e in Debenhams

Options
  • 20-09-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

There is a deal in the Nespresso boutiques and store concessions for the Inissia machine, reduced from 99e to 69e. Having bought one in Arnotts today for 69e, I later spotted the same machines for sale in Debenhams, Dublin for 58e.

The Arnotts one was promptly returned!

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_325004040460_-1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya got one a few weeks ago there, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kayshee123

gipi wrote: »
    There is a deal in the Nespresso boutiques and store concessions for the Inissia machine, reduced from 99e to 69e. Having bought one in Arnotts today for 69e, I later spotted the same machines for sale in Debenhams, Dublin for 58e.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_325004040460_-1
    I saw one of these and was tempted to buy one but the pods are a fortune to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kayshee123 wrote: »
    gipi wrote: »

I saw one of these and was tempted to buy one but the pods are a fortune to buy.
    My misses used to always get a coffee on the school run. Since I got her a machine she’s doesn’t as she makes it before she’s goes. Saves about 2 euro a morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Not in Aldi they aren't ;) €2 for 10 IIRC, in 5 varieties

Haven't bought Nespresso pods since my €90 store credit ran out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Does this machine come with store credit if so does anyone know how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

SuperValu do pods too... 10 for €2. If your local shop has them, the Java pods are nicest. Lavazza make compatible pods too, I haven't seen them here, but picked some up in Germany last time I was there. Also nice, but obviously that's not much of a bargain if you can't get them here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Have been using Lidl blue capsules for years now. However L'OR pods on offer in quiet a few supermarkets at the moment, 20 for €5 in about 4 different types - I find them very nice.

• Advertisement

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Have been using Lidl blue capsules for years now. However L'OR pods on offer in quiet a few supermarkets at the moment, 20 for €5 in about 4 different types - I find them very nice.

At that price the l'or ones might be worth it, do the packages say if they are 100% arabica, I can't stand robusta gives me an awful taste of tyres.

The lidl ones are reasonable, aldi and supervalu on the otherhand I find taste like stale robert roberts cafetiere coffee with a lot of larger fines and not much crema.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

fdevine wrote: »

Not in Aldi they aren't ;) €2 for 10 IIRC, in 5 varieties

Haven't bought Nespresso pods since my €90 store credit ran out
    The cheap ones seem to break the machines. Any broken machine I’ve seen has being using the cheap pods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I have been using the Aldi Ristretto & Espresso ones for a while. No problems with the machine. Taste is as good as any I have tried & no issues with lack of crema either.

The Aldi ones are marked as having won a Which? Best Buy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Does this machine come with store credit if so does anyone know how much?

Bought the one I linked for a present and it does not come with any store credit but has 20 capsules in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Bought the one I linked for a present and it does not come with any store credit but has 20 capsules in the box

Just make sure you check the best before date on that included capsules.

On a recent purchase at Debenhams the included capsules expired in 2016 and a replacement offered expired in 2015.

At that price the l'or ones might be worth it, do the packages say if they are 100% arabica, I can't stand robusta gives me an awful taste of tyres.

The lidl ones are reasonable, aldi and supervalu on the otherhand I find taste like stale robert roberts cafetiere coffee with a lot of larger fines and not much crema.

Doesn't say boss, but of all the different ones I've tried, they're rank right up there for me as being pretty decent. I like the purple ones best.

I get the Aldi ones, €1.69 for 10, I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

If you buy the innissia direct from nespresso its €69
    but if you buy 150 capsules you get a free aerocchino

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/2017-summer-promotion

• Advertisement

donegal. wrote: »
    If you buy the innissia direct from nespresso its €69
    but if you buy 150 capsules you get a free aerocchino

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/2017-summer-promotion

Nope you can buy it anywhere, there's a card with a voucher code in the box to claim the Areo thingy when you buy 150 capsules.

Starbucks also do compatibles pods now aswell.

Doesn't say boss, but of all the different ones I've tried, they're rank right up there for me as being pretty decent. I like the purple ones best.

Cheers picked some up in supervalu 2 for €5 as you said, tried the lungo and espresso definitely worth the extra few cents at that price.
    ted1 wrote: »
    The cheap ones seem to break the machines. Any broken machine I’ve seen has being using the cheap pods

There are / were some combinations that are problematic but a quick google should be enough to see if there are issues with your machine. Some nespresso machines were specifically redesigned around 2013 to break compatibility with the heavy plastic capsules available at the time and Lor says their aluminium ones are not compatible with of Expert®*, U®*, Umilk®* and Prodigio®* models bought after 25 July 2016

The lidl and similar foil wrapped capsules avoid a lot of the issues as they are preperforated and slightly shorter so they don't foul the flimsier injectors.

I know lots of people running compatibles for years without issues. I paid €15 for my inissia on donedeal and I've run hundreds of compatibles through it. My brother run thousands through his essenza inissia machines.

A lot of the failures I've seen attributed to capsules I could equally attribute to user error e.g. pushing the lever with 50 times the normal force until something breaks rather than realising maybe the capsule doesn't fit / is jammed / isn't perforating. Or repeatedly running the pump when the capsule clearly hasn't perforated or is barely perforated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got them today . Great deal

Anyone have the issue with coffee not hot enough with nespresso machines.
    It was made with just regular room temp cup
    I'll try using hot water to heat the cup next time

Got them today . Great deal

Anyone have the issue with coffee not hot enough with nespresso machines.
    It was made with just regular room temp cup
    I'll try using hot water to heat the cup next time

Defo hot water the cup if you like it much hotter.

it depends which machine you have.
    on my old machine you had to preheat the cup with hot water but its proper scaldy with the new machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is the Aeroccino milk frother much use ?I see its part of the a promotion when you buy this machine.Buy 150 capsules and get the frother .

nope, its a gimmick . I used mine a few times and it hasn't come out of the box since.

I'd recommend getting it anyway. 150 capsules is not a lot (if you can afford to get them all at once) and if you don't want a frother you can always sell it. You'd probably get €40/€50 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I always use the aeroccino. Makes a lovely milky coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

I got a Inissa in Jan of this year and the Aldi pods are not compatible. They are the tiniest bit smaller so the machine does not perforate them correctly (unless I'm doing something wrong). Must try out the SuperValu pods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, find the same with the Aldi ones on the Pixie model. Never had any bother with Lidl, Robert Robert, or Starbucks pods.

Have had the Aldi ones melt and deform. Even when it does perforate you can tell the machine is under pressure to pump it. Had the same thing happen on Inissia at work.

Advertisement