Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Talk about a dramatic comeback: 1-2 deep into "garbage time" to level, and a Crokes red to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Technically correct red as “attempted “ is in wording. But no ref would give it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

benji79 wrote: »
    Technically correct red as “attempted “ is in wording. But no ref would give it

Refs have to show a bit of common sense - theres a lot of things that are technical reds & yellows that are let go because they are not intentional or are harmless

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Refs have to show a bit of common sense - theres a lot of things that are technical reds & yellows that are let go because they are not intentional or are harmless[/QUOE]
    Im not saying in any way I agree with decision. I wouldn’t give a red for it in a million years
    But it’s technically one you wouldn’t actually manage to get overturned even as it will match the rule wording exactly if “attempted “

benji79 wrote: »
    Refs have to show a bit of common sense - theres a lot of things that are technical reds & yellows that are let go because they are not intentional or are harmless[/QUOE]
    Im not saying in any way I agree with decision. I wouldn’t give a red for it in a million years
    But it’s technically one you wouldn’t actually manage to get overturned even as it will match the rule wording exactly if “attempted “

I know what you meant and I know you are correct.

I just felt the need to point out the importance of common sense - like there is so much happening on the field that you could be calling frees and issuing cards every 30 seconds if you applied the exact letter of the law!

• Advertisement

Never a penalty - great dispossession by the Stacks guy.
    Ref is havin a bit of a 'mare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Shocking decision for the penalty but Crokes just about deserved the win. Crokes missing Shaw, Casey and White.

Looney an absolute warrior with a suspected broken hand.

Brosnan a cut above. 2-10 unreal.

Quilter and O'Connor brilliant for the Stacks.

Brilliant Championship game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Crokes conned the ref for three frees in a row including the penalty which was a good tackle

thesultan wrote: »
    Crokes conned the ref for three frees in a row including the penalty which was a good tackle

They milked a few frees at vital stages alright but in each case a Stacks player had a hand on the back or a loose hand in.

2 I disagreed with were the penalty and Kieran O'Learys one where he when full speed to pick up a ball, fumbled and fell over. Looked to me like the Stacks player pulled out of the challenge. Would have to see from the other side to be sure.

Massive turning point in Extra Time was Ronan Shanahan going off. He was having a brilliant game.

Shane Murphy's kicking is exceptional. The ball to Brosnan for Looney's goal was spectacular.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    They milked a few frees at vital stages alright but in each case a Stacks player had a hand on the back or a loose hand in.

2 I disagreed with were the penalty and Kieran O'Learys one where he when full speed to pick up a ball, fumbled and fell over. Looked to me like the Stacks player pulled out of the challenge. Would have to see from the other side to be sure.

Massive turning point in Extra Time was Ronan Shanahan going off. He was having a brilliant game.

Shane Murphy's kicking is exceptional. The ball to Brosnan for Looney's goal was spectacular.

Fully agree on the O Leary one aswell - O leary was never in control of the ball & the stacks player pulled out of the tackle.

Not a great showing from the ref

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

EgA7LJYXoAA-lAo?format=jpg&name=large

East Kerry team and subs.

Starting 15 would probably give a fair few county teams a right game and the subs bench would make a fairly decent 15 in their own right.

St Brendans a point up on West Kerry at half time 1-7 to 0-9.

Brendans looked well in control earlier in the game with Jack Barry and Diarmuid O'Connor doing well at midfield and the forward line were pulling West Kerry all over the place.

However Brian O'Beaglaoich and Rob Ó Sé have got the upper hand around the middle since and Eanna O Conchúir is causing a lot of trouble at CHF.

Very interesting 2nd half ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

St Brendans a point up on West Kerry at half time 1-7 to 0-9.

Brendans looked well in control earlier in the game with Jack Barry and Diarmuid O'Connor doing well at midfield and the forward line were pulling West Kerry all over the place.

However Brian O'Beaglaoich and Rob Ó Sé have got the upper hand around the middle since and Eanna O Conchúir is causing a lot of trouble at CHF.

Very interesting 2nd half ahead.

Momentum switched a fair bit before and after the water break.

West Kerry looked to be in right bother in the first quarter but have came right into the game since then, could easily have been ahead at the break.

St Brendans deservedly continue onto the next round, though their performance was far from convincing.

Jack Barry very quiet after a strong first 15mins.

Ivan Parker took over in the second half and kicked 6 points or so. Too one dimensional to progress much further.

Still championship is all about winning and they should improve the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Fantastic result for Templenoe, 1 point winners over Dingle.

Did any of ye see the Stacks sub taking the gumshield from Ronan Shanahan and popping it into his mouth.

Covid Officer might want to have a word about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

DDC1990 wrote:
    Did any of ye see the Stacks sub taking the gumshield from Ronan Shanahan and popping it into his mouth.

DDC1990 wrote:

personally I think its seems crazy that up to 40 players can be in close contact with body sweats and spits circulating around , and yet all the masks and limited number that can attend family events or the fact that 50 is the limit to a stadium ,
    it just all flies in the face of common sense that the rest of us live by .
    just shows the power the GAA hold when it comes to their bank account

Didn’t see that! That’s weird at the best of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

kerry cow wrote: »
    personally I think its seems crazy that up to 40 players can be in close contact with body sweats and spits circulating around , and yet all the masks and limited number that can attend family events or the fact that 50 is the limit to a stadium ,
    it just all flies in the face of common sense that the rest of us live by .
    just shows the power the GAA hold when it comes to their bank account

What about the FAI and IRFU? How come you don't consider them to have the same power?

• Advertisement

agree , it's not acceptable to have 40 players in contact sports and then go home and back to the work place , it's not fair on the rest using ppe , to serve you a Mars bar in a shop or travel in a car with your neighbour for both to mask up .
    seems crazy that it's so acceptable that these contact sports are allow continue .
    it's a world wide life changing pandemic , and people have and are dying .is it consolation to a family who will lose someone because of others behaviour , almost certain some poor misfortune will get covid as a result of laxing .

I think the players of all codes almost think they are immune from reality , superhero stuff.

all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

agree , it's not acceptable to have 40 players in contact sports and then go home and back to the work place , it's not fair on the rest using ppe , to serve you a Mars bar in a shop or travel in a car with your neighbour for both to mask up .
    seems crazy that it's so acceptable that these contact sports are allow continue .
    it's a world wide life changing pandemic , and people have and are dying .is it consolation to a family who will lose someone because of others behaviour , almost certain some poor misfortune will get covid as a result of laxing .

I think the players of all codes almost think they are immune from reality , superhero stuff.

all imo.

18 times less likely to catch virus outdoors, that's why outdoor sports are allowed

what ever .
    it's a recipe for disaster ,
    wait and see .

like schools reopening .

if they add 1 death to the tally it is a shame on them .

we have to have collective responsibility .

Legion & KOR will be a tight one today.

BJK suspended & Tommy injured while JOD starts for Legion.

I’d have to say legion are favourites due to the above

Also there is a whole sub forum on boards dedicated to Covid & the restrictions- go there & don’t be derailing this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

what ever .
    it's a recipe for disaster ,
    wait and see .

like schools reopening .

if they add 1 death to the tally it is a shame on them .

we have to have collective responsibility .

Everything wud have to stop then. Kerry mobbed with tourists more dangerous than outdoor matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Kerry_cow clearly fishing....

Caught some of the Dingle game last night, did not expect that result. Such a pity there was no crowd there to see it.

Hoping the game on RTE today is as exciting as Friday nights game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Pity to see Brendan Griffins nightmare performance on Friday night didnt affect him getting this game today. Hopefully he doesnt make as many bad decisions in this game.

You’d know Stephen stack was a corner back anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Youd wonder what Griffin is looking at there to miss that punch and he right beside it. Red all day long for the Rahillys man.

Advertisement