Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tonight Show - Virgin Media One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ivan v Healy-Rae gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Go on Ivan!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,002 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go wan Ivan.

Healy-Rae is indeed a national embarrassment

M

The Irish league is utter trash as a result of the way it is run, it's pretty much gone backwards in 20 years, it's unmarketable rubbish as it currently stands.

How can the prize for winning the entire league be a fraction of what the CEO got?

M

Lol, we need another 20 minutes.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Niall Quinn, a bit of a class act tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Niall is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

The fai bloke from Kerry was really starting to squerm.... Healy Rae was doing his usual rambling on and answering nothing he was asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I generally liked Healy Rae as I regarded him as a clever man pretending to be a fool.
    I'm just speechless after his performance today and tonight.
    Even if John Delaney was his closest friend, his action of coming into the committee room today and completely undermining the work of the entire committee was just a disgrace.
    Regardless of what his opinions were, he had no business being there.
    His performance tonight with Ivan Yates was equally stupid, offering all credit to Delaney for money going to Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I only caught the last few minutes of the repeat this morning, but with Healy-Rae calling Ivan a thug and a bully (or was it a brute?) a few times, it sounds like it was good. I'll have to check it out in full on the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

JHR was on Newstalk this morning saying he expected an apology from Yates or he wouldn't be appearing on The Tonight Show again

jay0109 wrote: »
    JHR was on Newstalk this morning saying he expected an apology from Yates or he wouldn't be appearing on The Tonight Show again

Best news of the year, the less media attention he gets the better

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Two complete eejits butting heads last night in MHR and Yates.

Only person trying to make sense and some sensible points was Niall Quinn and at one point Yates cut across him mid sentence to have another dig at Healy Rae. He gave up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jay0109 wrote: »

That would be great but we all know he'll be back on it again irregardless of if he gets an apology or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Two complete eejits butting heads last night in MHR and Yates.

Only person trying to make sense and some sensible points was Niall Quinn and at one point Yates cut across him mid sentence to have another dig at Healy Rae. He gave up after that.

Quinn talks a lot of sense but the problem with him now is the he is starting to sound like the rest of the media trained robots talking real slow and with the hands.The likes of Ivan get frustrated with this slow talking and ruins the flow of talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Whether you agree with MHR or not regarding John Delaney, he is completely right about Ivan Yates. Comes across as extremely pompous and arrogant on The Tonight Show with many of his guests. Matt isn't too much better being honest. He did act like a bit of a "pup" last night as he was christened.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It was lively all right, Healy Rae pulling the mike off his shirt just as the show was ending was funny.

Quinn must have thought he entered the Twilight Zone with a fella in a farmers cap shouting and raving like the Bull McCabe in his ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Headshot wrote: »
    Best news of the year, the less media attention he gets the better

Bertie was so much better.

M

Healy-Rae back tonight, I guess he has recovered from the need for an apology from Ivan all the way from last week.

M

This dickwad can't answer anything straight, who de fook would vote for him?

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    That would be great but we all know he'll be back on it again irregardless of if he gets an apology or not.

Spot on.MHR back on again tonight didn't take him long,less than a week.Don't recall Yates apologising either.

M

Has Healy-Rae's cap had work done? Looks bigger than normal.

Has Healy-Rae's cap had work done? Looks bigger than normal.

Maybe Yates bought him a new one instead of an apology.

ffs why is Healy-Rae back, I thought he wasnt coming back until an apology.

I was hoping to never see him on it again

M

The broadband rollout is pure gold, you couldn't make it up.

The broadband rollout is pure gold, you couldn't make it up.

I missed it what happened?

I suspect they dont have a ****ing clue and bring up that Imagine which is crap fake broadband rubbish

M

Headshot wrote: »
    I missed it what happened?

I suspect they dont have a ****ing clue and bring up that Imagine which is crap fake broadband rubbish

Just in general, thought it was going to be mentioned. Running million dollar cable to the homes of people who may not ever want to use it while far cheaper 5G would do 95% of these people's needs :pac:

M

Service charges should be banned and absorbed within the meal cost.

M

Healy-Rae now has the Rolls Royce of caps, ultra flash model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Healy-Rae now has the Rolls Royce of caps, ultra flash model.

Healy- Rea is a media slut

Advertisement