Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

humphrys wrote: »
    Dear anonymous "dav3". Let me dismantle your disgraceful post about me.

1. I have no problem with the findings of the Egyptian court. I never claimed that the charges were true. Ever.

2. He was not charged with supporting the MB. That was obvious. The trial would last a minute. He was charged with more serious crimes.

3. As for whether Ibrahim counts as a "supporter" or a "member" of the MB, it depends on definitions. He took part in the MB protests for 6 weeks, spoke on stage to MB crowds, cited in his speech two MB leaders, and again spoke on video with the MB diehards inside the mosque. So is he a "supporter" or a "member" of the MB? Does he have an actual "membership" card? Who knows. Does the MB even do membership cards?

4. Nothing you have said or the court said disproved the mountain of evidence that the Halawas supported the MB.

5. You claim no one has picked up the story that the Halawas are MB and it comes just from my blog. This is nonsense, and I made out a section just for you:
    People who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood
    http://markhumphrys.com/clonskeagh.html#people.say.mb
    People who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood include RTE Prime Time, US diplomatic cables, The Wall Street Journal, and two leading Irish imams. Good enough for you?

6. Your delight at the idea of critics of Halawa being censored by the law is contemptible.

7. As for your comments about radicalisation and Israel, how about having the courage to make these comments under your real name?

Brilliant Mark, thank you for posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Dear anonymous "dav3". Let me dismantle your disgraceful post about me.

1. I have no problem with the findings of the Egyptian court. I never claimed that the charges were true. Ever.

2. He was not charged with supporting the MB. That was obvious. The trial would last a minute. He was charged with more serious crimes.

3. As for whether Ibrahim counts as a "supporter" or a "member" of the MB, it depends on definitions. He took part in the MB protests for 6 weeks, spoke on stage to MB crowds, cited in his speech two MB leaders, and again spoke on video with the MB diehards inside the mosque. So is he a "supporter" or a "member" of the MB? Does he have an actual "membership" card? Who knows. Does the MB even do membership cards?

4. Nothing you have said or the court said disproved the mountain of evidence that the Halawas supported the MB.

5. You claim no one has picked up the story that the Halawas are MB and it comes just from my blog. This is nonsense, and I made out a section just for you:
    People who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood
    http://markhumphrys.com/clonskeagh.html#people.say.mb
    People who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood include RTE Prime Time, US diplomatic cables, The Wall Street Journal, and two leading Irish imams. Good enough for you?

6. Your delight at the idea of critics of Halawa being censored by the law is contemptible.

7. As for your comments about radicalisation and Israel, how about having the courage to make these comments under your real name?

Ha!

All we need is Halawa to post next :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭humphrys

Ha!

All we need is Halawa to post next :pac:

Grin.

I'm following Halawa threads this week precisely because people are saying these foul and unfounded things about me. Most of them I ignore, but that one I could not ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Somebody needs to tell the Gardaí (about the Halawas involvement in MB) then

And then if someone does that they'll be labelled an islamophobe or prejudiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Dear anonymous "dav3"...

Calm down Mark, come back down to planet earth.

This has nothing to do with the muslim brotherhood, or Ibrahim's family. It's about your claims that he is a member of the muslim brotherhood, something which you stated on your own blog, something which will find you imprisoned in Egypt if found guilty. Something which no media outlet has picked up on.

Are you still claiming that Ibrahim Halawa is a member of the muslim brotherhood? If you're having difficulty defining what "membership" of the muslim brotherhood is, I suggest you contact the current regime in Egypt as they have a clear definition and have no trouble jailing indefinitely anyone with even the slightest connection to it.

As for the comments, I'm merely stating rumours doing the rounds. Can I just state for the record that I have no evidence to prove the rumours and because of this, Mark should be viewed as innocent.

However, I do feel just like the rumours about Ibrahim, these questioned need to be asked, and the accused should be give the opportunity to deny these allegations outright. If someone ever created a blog relating to the rumours about you on the internet, and trust me there are some nasty ones out there, it would run to around 100 pages.

I have some constructive criticism for you Mark.

1. Stop continually linking back to your blog. It makes your appear desperate. If someone asks for evidence, show them exactly where they can find it. A link to a meandering webpage is no use to anyone.

2. The structure of your blog is appalling. Is there any reason why it has the appearance of a 1st year's first ever project in college that he's written up on the back of the bus that morning while hungover? You should be ashamed of it, especially something that you're so passionate about.

3. Perhaps this is where the rumours of radicalisation have come from. You need to settle down on twitter. Spending all your waking hours on twitter calling people idiots and trying to debate with them in 140 characters or less cannot be good for your health, mentally and physically.

4. You need to afford people the opportunity to criticise israel without losing the plot and creating another rambling blog post about them.

In closing, if new evidence has come to light proving Ibrahim Halawa's membership of the muslin brotherhood. Let's see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Omackeral wrote:

By who?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Omackeral wrote: »

no they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

First Up wrote: »
    I sure ain't no marxist and I've enough experience of life under islamic law not to fancy that either.

That doesn't stop me respecting those who do and from objecting to military coups or people being shot or imprisoned for protesting them.

Its sad to see the nasty underbelly of Irish attitudes on display here. There's a big diverse world out there; try and join in.

" the nasty underbelly of Irish attitudes " would you ever go play with traffic

The only attitude that we should be "sad" about is that of you and the naive & delusional sheep that share your views.

Glad to see you know that a world exists out there away from your computer screen but tis far different to your sjw libtard john lennon rose tinted spectacles outlook on it.

The only words i have for you would get me banned in an instant

First Up wrote: »
    By who?

YOU , by people exactly like YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭humphrys

dav3 wrote: »
    Calm down Mark, come back down to planet earth.

This has nothing to do with the muslim brotherhood, or Ibrahim's family. It's about your claims that he is a member of the muslim brotherhood, something which you stated on your own blog, something which will find you imprisoned in Egypt if found guilty. Something which no media outlet has picked up on.

Are you still claiming that Ibrahim Halawa is a member of the muslim brotherhood? If you're having difficulty defining what "membership" of the muslim brotherhood is, I suggest you contact the current regime in Egypt as they have a clear definition and have no trouble jailing indefinitely anyone with even the slightest connection to it.

As for the comments, I'm merely stating rumours doing the rounds. Can I just state for the record that I have no evidence to prove the rumours and because of this, Mark should be viewed as innocent.

However, I do feel just like the rumours about Ibrahim, these questioned need to be asked, and the accused should be give the opportunity to deny these allegations outright. If someone ever created a blog relating to the rumours about you on the internet, and trust me there are some nasty ones out there, it would run to around 100 pages.

I have some constructive criticism for you Mark.

1. Stop continually linking back to your blog. It makes your appear desperate. If someone asks for evidence, show them exactly where they can find it. A link to a meandering webpage is no use to anyone.

2. The structure of your blog is appalling. Is there any reason why it has the appearance of a 1st year's first ever project in college that he's written up on the back of the bus that morning while hungover? You should be ashamed of it, especially something that you're so passionate about.

3. Perhaps this is where the rumours of radicalisation have come from. You need to settle down on twitter. Spending all your waking hours on twitter calling people idiots and trying to debate with them in 140 characters or less cannot be good for your health, mentally and physically.

4. You need to afford people the opportunity to criticise israel without losing the plot and creating another rambling blog post about them.

In closing, if new evidence has come to light proving Ibrahim Halawa's membership of the muslin brotherhood. Let's see it.

Dear anonymous "dav3".

I have said what I have to say about your filthy innuendos. Sign your name to them and then we can talk.

Everyone can see that you have no interest in the evidence. I gave you a link to people who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood and you are now scrambling for some excuse not to read it.

It is beneath me to engage with people like you.

• Advertisement

Dear anonymous "dav3".

I have said what I have to say about your filthy innuendos. Sign your name to them and then we can talk.

Everyone can see that you have no interest in the evidence. I gave you a link to people who say Clonskeagh is Muslim Brotherhood and you are now scrambling for some excuse not to read it.

It is beneath me to engage with people like you.

Dont engage pal , the mental capacity of such pseudo intellectuals suggests not much in the way of structured debate

I do not know who you are other than you being mentioned and slandered in this thread , Nor have i read anything you have written on this subject

I assume i share you views because i am a person capable of making my own mind up in a case as BLATANTLY OBVIOUS as this one

EMPunk wrote:
    YOU , by people exactly like YOU

Nope, I'd expect them to do their job.

EMPunk wrote:

Ah go on. And put them in block capitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just scanned through the last few pages. So I take it he didn't get a grilling from Tubbers last night?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just scanned through the last few pages. So I take it he didn't get a grilling from Tubbers last night?

:rolleyes:

Tubridy wouldn't know how to grill bread!

Mint Sauce wrote:

I don't think he has been released yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Ever since Ibrahim Halawa was acquitted and found not guilty by an Egyptian court, the entire dynamics of this story have changed. Most people waited for this verdict before giving an opinion, but there is absolutely no doubt that he is not guilty of all charges and must be treated as such.

Yet here we have a blogger, currently rearranging the deckchairs for his career and credibility which have recently hit an iceberg, determined to go down with the ship.

The blogger refuses to accept the findings of the Egyptian court, a court more anti-muslim brotherhood than he is.
    A regime that made membership of the muslim brotherhood a crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/25/egypt-declares-muslim-brotherhood-terrorist-group

A regime that recently acquitted Ibrahim and his sisters of all charges.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/18/irish-egyptian-man-acquitted-four-years-after-cairo-protest-arrest

52 people were acquitted that day. 442 were imprisoned.

The reason why no media outlet is picking up on the blogger's claims that Ibrahim Halawa is a member of the muslim brotherhood...

...is that there is absolutely no evidence. Once again, there is absolutely no evidence in the blog to support this. The most rabid right-wing anti-foreigner rags have not picked this story up, not because of fear, but because there is absolutely no evidence.

One thing people need to know is that the rumour of Ibrahim's membership of the muslim brotherhood started from, and continues, with this one blogger with the help from another website called theliberal.ie which none of us have ever heard of.
    I have no idea why this blogger is continuing down this path which will inevitably lead to not only his reputation and credibility being destroyed, but it's quite possible, his career too.

I don't believe he is prepared to throw it all away due to some unhealthy obsession with israel and a rose-tinted misguided view he has of israel.

Are we seeing the radicalisation of one individual before our very eyes? Perhaps the rumours that he is on the pay roll of the israeli embassy should be investigated? I have absolutely no idea if the rumours are true or not, but at least the question should be asked.

Great post.

I wouldn't worry about humphrys calling on your anonymity.
    This is boards.. Ie not Mark humphries.com, unlike his site where he tells people who disagree with him to go away on his about page. Discussion is how this site breaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭emo72

I hope when he gets back the first thing he says is "to hell with religion and politics, and feck the Muslim brotherhood!" It's cost him 4 years of his life, and let's be honest 4 of the best years, he's never getting them back. As a father it would destroy me if my son lost those years, I know I would never get over that, being responsible for letting my kids get into that situation. Ibrahim suffered too much, I wish him well, but that's a separate issue to my feelings about the MB and religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

EMPunk wrote: »
    " the nasty underbelly of Irish attitudes " would you ever go play with traffic

The only attitude that we should be "sad" about is that of you and the naive & delusional sheep that share your views.

Glad to see you know that a world exists out there away from your computer screen but tis far different to your sjw libtard john lennon rose tinted spectacles outlook on it.

Somebody got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

emo72 wrote: »
    I hope when he gets back the first thing he says is "to hell with religion and politics, and feck the Muslim brotherhood!" It's cost him 4 years of his life, and let's be honest 4 of the best years, he's never getting them back. As a father it would destroy me if my son lost those years, I know I would never get over that, being responsible for letting my kids get into that situation. Ibrahim suffered too much, I wish him well, but that's a separate issue to my feelings about the MB and religion.

Yet his Father remained in the background, rarely saying anything in public, or being present at any of the protests to raise awareness of his son's situation, leaving it all to his daughters.
    Apparently in the four years he never once travelled over to visit him, why not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Yet his Father remained in the background, rarely saying anything in public, or being present at any of the protests to raise awareness of his son's situation, leaving it all to his daughters.
    Apparently in the four years he never once travelled over to visit him, why not?

His father is interviewed in the Irish Times this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Jawgap wrote: »
    His father is interviewed in the Irish Times this morning.

Excellent piece in the irish times. Spoke very well about his son. The man has got awful treatment on here.

Excellent piece in the irish times. Spoke very well about his son. The man has got awful treatment on here.

Really?

I noted that he encouraged them to take refuge in the mosque.......I must've missed the bit where he encouraged them not to travel? Or advised them that if they were going to travel to stay with the family and stay away from the protests?

I can only speak for myself as a parent but I wouldn't have let my kids travel to a country where the military were being pretty blatant about launching a crackdown......

Really?

I noted that he encouraged them to take refuge in the mosque.......I must've missed the bit where he encouraged them not to travel? Or advised them that if they were going to travel to stay with the family and stay away from the protests?

I can only speak for myself as a parent but I wouldn't have let my kids travel to a country where the military were being pretty blatant about launching a crackdown......

He has belief in his faith. Ovioulsy thought the mosque was sacred.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great post.

I wouldn't worry about humphrys calling on your anonymity.
    This is boards.. Ie not Mark humphries.com, unlike his site where he tells people who disagree with him to go away on his about page. Discussion is how this site breaths.

So prove he is wrong Poo!
    Fair play to Mark for engaging with the Trolls trying to discredit him on here and elsewhere! As I said before Dr Ali Salim would have been onto his solicitors straightaway if there was anything wrong with Marks Page! They wouldn’t want it to go to court as nearly all of Mark’s blog would be proven to be correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Ever since Ibrahim Halawa was acquitted and found not guilty by an Egyptian court, the entire dynamics of this story have changed. Most people waited for this verdict before giving an opinion, but there is absolutely no doubt that he is not guilty of all charges and must be treated as such.

Yet here we have a blogger, currently rearranging the deckchairs for his career and credibility which have recently hit an iceberg, determined to go down with the ship.

The blogger refuses to accept the findings of the Egyptian court, a court more anti-muslim brotherhood than he is.
    A regime that made membership of the muslim brotherhood a crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/25/egypt-declares-muslim-brotherhood-terrorist-group

A regime that recently acquitted Ibrahim and his sisters of all charges.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/18/irish-egyptian-man-acquitted-four-years-after-cairo-protest-arrest

52 people were acquitted that day. 442 were imprisoned.

The reason why no media outlet is picking up on the blogger's claims that Ibrahim Halawa is a member of the muslim brotherhood...

...is that there is absolutely no evidence. Once again, there is absolutely no evidence in the blog to support this. The most rabid right-wing anti-foreigner rags have not picked this story up, not because of fear, but because there is absolutely no evidence.

One thing people need to know is that the rumour of Ibrahim's membership of the muslim brotherhood started from, and continues, with this one blogger with the help from another website called theliberal.ie which none of us have ever heard of.
    I have no idea why this blogger is continuing down this path which will inevitably lead to not only his reputation and credibility being destroyed, but it's quite possible, his career too.

I don't believe he is prepared to throw it all away due to some unhealthy obsession with israel and a rose-tinted misguided view he has of israel.

Are we seeing the radicalisation of one individual before our very eyes? Perhaps the rumours that he is on the pay roll of the israeli embassy should be investigated? I have absolutely no idea if the rumours are true or not, but at least the question should be asked.

What drugs are you on ?
    Him giving speeches in support of the MB is not enough evidence for you ?

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    What drugs are you on ?
    Him giving speeches in support of the MB is not enough evidence for you ?

It wasnt for an egytian court. One of the most corrupt judicial systems there is.

He has belief in his faith. Ovioulsy thought the mosque was sacred.

Hang on.....what were they evening doing there? Are people still buying the fiction it was a trip that was a family holiday?

Also, I've been (through work) in situations were police or military imposed curfews have been in place, and you don't hang around and wait until it kicks in before deciding whether to dash for wherever you're staying......you get "out of Dodge" well before it kicks in, and avoid crowds and flashpoints, rather than leaving it to the last minute.

Hang on.....what were they evening doing there? Are people still buying the fiction it was a trip that was a family holiday?

Also, I've been (through work) in situations were police or military imposed curfews have been in place, and you don't hang around and wait until it kicks in before deciding whether to dash for wherever you're staying......you get "out of Dodge" well before it kicks in, and avoid crowds and flashpoints, rather than leaving it to the last minute.

They have family there. And they also took part in a peaceful protest against a military coup which overthrew a democratically elected government.

They boy is irish. His skin colour, religion , name and beliefs do not change that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

So prove he is wrong Poo!
    Fair play to Mark for engaging with the Trolls trying to discredit him on here and elsewhere! As I said before Dr Ali Salim would have been onto his solicitors straightaway if there was anything wrong with Marks Page! They wouldn’t want it to go to court as nearly all of Mark’s blog would be proven to be correct!

Maybe you should reply to Dav.

I agree with the majority of his post.

I find it hilarious that Mark has the sure audacity to question someone's anonymity on a discussion site boards. Ie where including yourself, disguise behind a username.

Mark doesn't like people with different opinions. Complains about sjw etc... Though he resorts to the exact behavior, I that apperantely he's above.

I couldn't give a fiddlers about him using his real name. It doesn't matter. If he feels so strongly about Halawa and his dad why hasn't he contacted the guards.

Sure why haven't you.

Mark can give it, but can't take it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement