Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I’m female and have mine for about a month now. I got the gold (pink sand strap) version which you have linked above, but in the 38mm size. I tried on both, and whilist the bigger screen seemed like a great option, the strap was much too big and the 38mm fitted my wrist better.

I love the watch - can’t be without it. I think it was worth the purchase.

Great. Thanks for the info. I think you've helped make up my mind now. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Got my wife one for our anniversary, and apart form showering, I don't think she has taken it off in 18 months. She uses it for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I see Nike are the selling the cellular Nike AW for €429 pity it’s not supported yet.

https://m.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/apple-watch-series-3-42mm-running-watch/pid-12284747/pgid-12293301

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

So i got the iwatch 3 for my Wife for xmas in the 42mm size but i have only 28 days to return it. With it still been over a month till when i will give it to her and the company unable to promise that ill be able to exchange it as its outside their 28 day limit, is it possible to buy a strap in a smaller size that would fit the 42mm watch just incase its too big for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Advertisement

So i got the iwatch 3 for my Wife for xmas in the 42mm size but i have only 28 days to return it. With it still been over a month till when i will give it to her and the company unable to promise that ill be able to exchange it as its outside their 28 day limit, is it possible to buy a strap in a smaller size that would fit the 42mm watch just incase its too big for her.

There is another strap part in the box that makes the strap a little smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

As said there’s half a strap in the box which is smaller but the 38mm probably looks more feminine.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    As said there’s half a strap in the box which is smaller but the 38mm probably looks more feminine.

I actually had to show her last night just to make sure and the size of the watch is fine and then to my surprise, as i hadn't read this yet, i seen the other strap which fits her better. So its put away now for another month.

Does anyone have a good alternative to the Apple airpods.
    179 euro seems a bit excessive for them.
    Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I actually had to show her last night just to make sure and the size of the watch is fine and then to my surprise, as i hadn't read this yet, i seen the other strap which fits her better. So its put away now for another month.

Thanks for the help.

From reading reviews online they said they are priced too low in some cases. Once you hear them and use them you will see why they are probably the most value for money product Apple offer at the moment.

I have a pair myself and I just love how they switch between the watch, iPhone and now even the Apple TV. Once you start using the remote on the Apple TV it stops the music and switches to the Airpods. Beautiful

Thanks for the help.

Well worth the money in my opinion they are excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I see Nike are the selling the cellular Nike AW for €429 pity it’s not supported yet.

https://m.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/apple-watch-series-3-42mm-running-watch/pid-12284747/pgid-12293301

And the standard 42mm Series 3 is only 359. It's currently 409 on the Apple website

BDJW wrote: »
    And the standard 42mm Series 3 is only 359. It's currently 409 on the Apple website

Yeah I posted about that earlier in the thread I picked one up myself nice little discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Well worth the money in my opinion they are excellent.

+1 I was also sceptical because of the price but I couldnt do without them now, sound and build quality is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Simply Red wrote: »
    +1 I was also sceptical because of the price but I couldnt do without them now, sound and build quality is amazing

Absolutely. Loving mine. I constantly have them in my pocket and whip them out in work when I want to listen to some music. It's the convenience above anything else that wins out.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭iancairns

TinCool wrote: »
    Absolutely. Loving mine. I constantly have them in my pocket and whip them out in work when I want to listen to some music. It's the convenience above anything else that wins out.

Pity they don’t come in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

Lads gonna get one of these from Nike, not sure what’s the better option. I’m assuming the main difference is the cellular option which wont be in Ireland for a few years yet.

https://m.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/apple-watch-series-3-gps-running-watch/pid-12284849/pgid-12293299

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

capefear wrote: »
    Lads gonna get one of these from Nike, not sure what’s the better option. I’m assuming the main difference is the cellular option which wont be in Ireland for a few years yet.

https://m.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/apple-watch-series-3-gps-running-watch/pid-12284849/pgid-12293299

I don't know why they're actually sellin the cellular version in Ireland, it won't even activate without a cellular connection.

the only other difference there is, the cellular version comes with a nylon band, and the other one comes with a sports band.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eeloe wrote: »
    I don't know why they're actually sellin the cellular version in Ireland, it won't even activate without a cellular connection.

The reason is simple, they have a warehouse in the UK with one set of stock for the UK and they either don’t care or see Ireland as part of the UK. I’m going for the former.

The reason is simple, they have a warehouse in the UK with one set of stock for the UK and they either don’t care or see Ireland as part of the UK. I’m going for the former.

Nike.ie are shipped from Belgium not the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

the only other difference there is, the cellular version comes with a nylon band, and the other one comes with a sports band.[/QUOTE

The Cellular version also has a larger storage 16Gb as opposed to 8Gb so more room for Apps and Playlists>:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

PaulT21 wrote: »

the only other difference there is, the cellular version comes with a nylon band, and the other one comes with a sports band.[/QUOTE

The Cellular version also has a larger storage 16Gb as opposed to 8Gb so more room for Apps and Playlists>:D

The Cellular version also has a larger storage 16Gb as opposed to 8Gb so more room for Apps and Playlists>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

I got the Nike cellular model. It works fine, but no cellular connectivity, obviously. Nylon band is great.

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    I got the Nike cellular model. It works fine, but no cellular connectivity, obviously. Nylon band is great.

I would have bought it myself only it wasn’t for sale when I bought a couple of weeks back. Surprised none of the carriers don’t just offer it as part of your plan maybe for a small surcharge on it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Apparently, there are some network upgrades required to support the eSIM. It’ll be a while before we see them supported here, I’d say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Apparently, there are some network upgrades required to support the eSIM. It’ll be a while before we see them supported here, I’d say.

Yes my friend who’s an engineer with eir said it will be at least 12 months before even Vodafone are ready to work with it. The rest will follow after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Does the watch series 3 only allow 2GB of music like watch 1 and watch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

kceire wrote: »
    Yes my friend who’s an engineer with eir said it will be at least 12 months before even Vodafone are ready to work with it. The rest will follow after that.

Twelve months?! Ah, balls. I went ahead and bought one from Apple UK via PM a few weeks ago in the hopes I'd get a connection in the New Year. :(

Not unhappy I bought it (I needed a replacement as my Series 0 was getting shocking battery life on wOS4), and it made sense to get the cellular one now since I didn't want to have to upgrade again when it came out here, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait that long.

At least I'll get some decent use out of the running belts I bought for my phone until we get eSIM support...! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I'd been thinking of getting an AW for a while but wasn't sure if it'd be truly useful. Apple had their one day sale on Friday and the series 0 was €50 which got me thinking again. I kept mulling it over the weekend and ended up getting the 42mm Space grey/black strap GPS model in Curry's yesterday as they're €30 off atm. I'm loving it so far, it's such a cool piece of kit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hoping to get a series 3 for christmas (not cellular). Does anyone know if there is a wireless charging option available for it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Not yet, the only official way to charge it wirelessly will be with apples charge mat, when it’s released.

Advertisement