Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Any chance we will see a small deal on the s6? For black friday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Any chance we will see a small deal on the s6? For black friday

Doesn't look like it. S3 and S5 yeah but not S6. You might get a giftcard with an S6 purchase but probably not a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Compub has 5% off s6 just ordered a red one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭ablelocks

mods, if this isn't allowed, delete.

I am selling a Series 5 40mm gold/pink strap that i got from the amazon.de prime warehouse sale as used, like new.

I only opened box to check contents. Everything is there, not a scratch on watch or strap - doesn't look like it was even taken out of packaging to be honest.

Reason for Selling : because my wife doesn't agree with me spending that much on a "fancy looking fitbit".

not looking to make money on it - i can return it to amazon but thought someone here might be interested - save me the hassle of having to courier it back to Germany.

pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Can’t seem to connect S6 watch to iphone 11 by Bluetooth, im sure it’s something simple but has anyone any experience of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fitness+ workout service for Apple Watch launching on December 14

Apple is giving a free 3-month trial to the Fitness+ for those buying a new Apple Watch Series 3 or later (or have bought one since September 15).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

peteeeed wrote: »
    Fitness+ workout service for Apple Watch launching on December 14

Apple is giving a free 3-month trial to the Fitness+ for those buying a new Apple Watch Series 3 or later (or have bought one since September 15).

And free 1 month if you already own a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Had a fall last Friday and 1st time the watch triggering fall detection. My phone was dead so would assume needs phone tethering to call emergency services. How exactly does fall detection work in Ireland with calling emergency services. I think in the states it is linked to call 911, I would assume it's down to carriers here?

My friend was with me so he called the ambulance, all ok bar some wound on the forehead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

How exactly does fall detection work in Ireland with calling emergency services. I think in the states it is linked to call 911, I would assume it's down to carriers here?

First up, I hope you're ok.

It'll call 112 (assuming your phone is on, in range and has coverage). As an aside, 911 will get you straight though to the emergency services here too, same as 112 and 999.

In counties that have separate emergency numbers for Police, Ambulance, Fire, etc. it will call the one for Ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

First up, I hope you're ok.

It'll call 112 (assuming your phone is on, in range and has coverage). As an aside, 911 will get you straight though to the emergency services here too, same as 112 and 999.

In counties that have separate emergency numbers for Police, Ambulance, Fire, etc. it will call the one for Ambulance.

I am thanks :). The doctor said prob fainted due to dehydration and alcohol ( i only had about 3 drinks,:eek:)

My friend was wondering why my watch was buzzing but told him it's fall detection.

that's interesting regarding the auto calling of emergency services. Let's say your phone is off but your watch is connected to the home wifi network, would it still work then.

I'm thinking maybe as a safety to get one for my mother just incase, maybe cellular model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

that's interesting regarding the auto calling of emergency services. Let's say your phone is off but your watch is connected to the home wifi network, would it still work then.

I'm thinking maybe as a safety to get one for my mother just incase, maybe cellular model

I don’t think it would work if it only had Wi-Fi to connect to and your phone was off. If your phone was on, and you had Wi-Fi calling enabled (and your mobile plan allowed it), then it should work regardless of whether you had a mobile signal or not. But Wi-Fi calling is a feature of the phone, not the watch.

Unfortunately none of the networks in Ireland support the e-SIM technology that the cellular Apple Watch uses, so that functionality won’t work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone know how accurate the delivery times are on Apple.ie? Looking at getting a Series 6 with a Milanese loop, only option is to go through the "Build Your style" part which I've done and it says 2-3 days. Says the same for standard options so I'm wondering if that's just a generic timeframe? I don't mind ordering it and having to wait for new year as I won't have the cash for it until bonus comes during next payday but if its going to be mid January I'd sooner just pick up a standard model in the shops and buy the loop later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anyone know how accurate the delivery times are on Apple.ie? Looking at getting a Series 6 with a Milanese loop, only option is to go through the "Build Your style" part which I've done and it says 2-3 days. Says the same for standard options so I'm wondering if that's just a generic timeframe? I don't mind ordering it and having to wait for new year as I won't have the cash for it until bonus comes during next payday but if its going to be mid January I'd sooner just pick up a standard model in the shops and buy the loop later.

99% accurate I'd say. Always a chance of a delay due to unforeseen circumstances but Apple are usually bang on with the estimated delivery times.

DubDJ wrote: »
    99% accurate I'd say. Always a chance of a delay due to unforeseen circumstances but Apple are usually bang on with the estimated delivery times.

Just went to order it and when I click through to the checkout it says arriving 4th-5th January, then tried the standard options on the site and all said the same so I left it. Might try pick up a standard one somewhere but disappointed that Apple can't deliver their flagship watch before Christmas when I'm ordering this early, if it was next weekend I'd say fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just went to order it and when I click through to the checkout it says arriving 4th-5th January, then tried the standard options on the site and all said the same so I left it. Might try pick up a standard one somewhere but disappointed that Apple can't deliver their flagship watch before Christmas when I'm ordering this early, if it was next weekend I'd say fair enough.

Sometimes times slip closer to Christmas as the stock starts to get low. You should check out a few shops around town, I’d imagine a lot of them have stock at this stage so worthwhile having a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Tazium

Earlier comments in the thread showed that Harvey Norman have the series 6 in store.

Thanks for the replies but I'm looking for a different band to the sport bands that come with them as standard. Ended up just biting the bullet this morning and ordering it, had a look on Macrumours forums and seems to be around a 3-4 week lead time for most people ordering direct so seems its a widespread issue. Hopefully it arrives a little sooner but not the end of the world if it doesn't, I'm just glad its for myself rather than a Christmas present as I'd have thought stock would be fairly plentiful by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

First run since updating to watchOS 7.2 and iOS 14.3. It's listing the run as 75% complete. What's that about? :confused:

Previously all workouts were Open Goal - that seems to have changed with the update. Anyone know of any way to change it back? Don't want my watch and phone telling me I haven't finished my run when I've finished my run - very unsatisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iniall wrote: »
    First run since updating to watchOS 7.2 and iOS 14.3. It's listing the run as 75% complete. What's that about? :confused:

Previously all workouts were Open Goal - that seems to have changed with the update. Anyone know of any way to change it back? Don't want my watch and phone telling me I haven't finished my run when I've finished my run - very unsatisfying.

Haven’t noticed mine going back to time/distance goals, however can you press the three dots in the attached image and you can set open goal.

Haven’t noticed mine going back to time/distance goals, however can you press the three dots in the attached image and you can set open goal.

Ah ok thanks. Do I have to do that every time now or will it stay at whatever I change it to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iniall wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks. Do I have to do that every time now or will it stay at whatever I change it to?

It should remember the last one you’ve done. i.e. should revert to open goal after you do one open goal.

Wonder why it changed from open goal to time and why it decided today's run was 75% - 75% of what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Picked up 2 Watch SEs about 6 weeks ago for myself and the misses - hers for Christmas and I'm holding out on opening mine until then too (just about :D )- Am I all good in assuming we will get the 3 months Fitness trial? Sorry haven't used an Apple Watch before. Thanks

Thanks for the replies but I'm looking for a different band to the sport bands that come with them as standard. Ended up just biting the bullet this morning and ordering it, had a look on Macrumours forums and seems to be around a 3-4 week lead time for most people ordering direct so seems its a widespread issue. Hopefully it arrives a little sooner but not the end of the world if it doesn't, I'm just glad its for myself rather than a Christmas present as I'd have thought stock would be fairly plentiful by now.

So to update on this, it was delivered today :eek: When I ordered it the store said delivery 30th of December and it stayed at that for all of last week until I got a text Friday to say it would be delivered Monday the 21st. Then this morning I got a text to say it would be delivered by 6pm today and it arrived shortly after. I'm confused about how it managed to get here so quickly but obviously delighted so thanks Apple, great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

Ordered on the 17th. Estimated delivery was January the 8th. Got a message from Apple saying it is scheduled for the 24th. Fingers crossed! It’s currently somewhere in Eindhoven.

It was an SE with one of those customisable bands.

TM2015 wrote: »
    Ordered on the 17th. Estimated delivery was January the 8th. Got a message from Apple saying it is scheduled for the 24th. Fingers crossed! It’s currently somewhere in Eindhoven.

It was an SE with one of those customisable bands.

Mine was in Eindhoven as well, I ordered mine late enough on the night of the 13th and it was delivered on the 20th so I'd say there's a chance anyway. Hopefully you get it.

rizzee wrote: »
    Picked up 2 Watch SEs about 6 weeks ago for myself and the misses - hers for Christmas and I'm holding out on opening mine until then too (just about :D )- Am I all good in assuming we will get the 3 months Fitness trial? Sorry, haven't used an Apple Watch before. Thanks

Anyone? Just want to know if there is anything I need to do up front or if it will work straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Tazium

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyone? Just want to know if there is anything I need to do up front or if it will work straight away.

Once you've paired and updated to the latest OS you'll be offered the free trial.

Tazium wrote: »
    Once you've paired and updated to the latest OS you'll be offered the free trial.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

anyone had a bit of battery drain since updating to 7.2?
    normally after a day i'll be down to around 30% or so , since updating i'm down around 10%

Advertisement