Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I’ve had an Apple Watch for three years now, series 3 then series 5. Am I just particularly hard on watch faces or does any else suffer from scratches? I never scratched my other watches before this

Yeah, I have had an S3 & S5 and have suffered from scratches. I did buy screen protectors when I got Series 5 but after a month just took it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I find everything after the series 3 to be very prone to scratches....I had a stainless steel series 3 and it was very good at preventing scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭breeno

I'd agree. I have a new series 3 since early July and it looks like I took it to war. Disappointing if I'm being honest. I haven't been playing contact sport due to the pandemic and I'm working from home and exercise is running and cycling here yet it still looks poor. Cex told me they'd only give me a C grade for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Glad it’s not just me. Its very disappointing. They don’t interfere with visuals currently but yeah, I expected better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Can I load songs on to. An Apple watch for offline play when I'm out for a run? If so, what's the experience like? Do you have to have apple music?

I've researched but no real clear answer. Some says you need cellular data on the watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Can I load songs on to. An Apple watch for offline play when I'm out for a run? If so, what's the experience like? Do you have to have apple music?

I've researched but no real clear answer. Some says you need cellular data on the watch.

I have hundreds of CDs albums loaded onto iTunes on my laptop, I have a handful of those albums added to my iPhone and then have some of those transferred to my Apple Watch to listen to when I'm out running and my phone is at home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Apple Music definitely works this way, just select whatever music you want and once both devices are charging at the same time the music will be added to the watch.

I did see something about Spotify support but I’m not sure if it was still a beta test or whether it was released. Don’t know if that was for cellular models only or for storing music offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I am selling my series 3 with all original packaging. Would i be allowed to link the advert in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

7.1 is out

I'm getting a series 6 for Christmas but I'm unsure which size to get? Is there any real difference apart from screen real estate?

Anything else I should consider before ordering? Thinking of getting a solo loop too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I'm getting a series 6 for Christmas but I'm unsure which size to get? Is there any real difference apart from screen real estate?

Anything else I should consider before ordering? Thinking of getting a solo loop too.

Would need to know wrist size?

If you have small wrists and want to look cool and nice and neat on your wrist get he smaller one.

If like me you don’t care about that and want it for function, bigger screen and battery. Get the bigger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I ordered the Nike version on October 29th and i got a delivery date for December 8th. You might need to jump on it soon for a Christmas Delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I updated my watch on Sunday to the latest OS, since then, I'm lucky if I get a day out of the battery, I was getting 2 days out of it up until that. Im using an iphone 12 with the latest software. I unpaired and re-paired the watch, but still nothing changed. It's really disappointing .

Anyone else had similar issues, my watch is the series 4.

I updated my watch on Sunday to the latest OS, since then, I'm lucky if I get a day out of the battery, I was getting 2 days out of it up until that. Im using an iphone 12 with the latest software. I unpaired and re-paired the watch, but still nothing changed. It's really disappointing .

Anyone else had similar issues, my watch is the series 4.

I’m on series 4 and the latest OS and battery life has been the same as always for me. Must be something specific that’s draining your battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

DubDJ wrote: »
    I’m on series 4 and the latest OS and battery life has been the same as always for me. Must be something specific that’s draining your battery.

Thanks, Ive tried seeing what is draining the energy, when I go into usage, it doesn't show which app is using which percentage. It's annoying, it's sporadic on top of it, Ive charged it aT 7PM, IT'S AT 98% now, so no issue-I'm flummoxed :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I don't have a big wrist, and am not a fan of enormous watches anyway, so I ordered the 40mm version.

It's doesn't shout WEARABLE like the 44mm, but the screen is quite small. Not sure this matters though as except for running I'm never tapping the screen anyway.

So I think I’ve decided on the 44mm SE rather than the series 6. I really don’t care about ECG or blood oxygen tracking and I’m failing to see too much of a difference between the two watches.

Anyone have the SE and feel happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

So I think I’ve decided on the 44mm SE rather than the series 6. I really don’t care about ECG or blood oxygen tracking and I’m failing to see too much of a difference between the two watches.

For me the biggest difference would be the always on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

For me the biggest difference would be the always on screen.

It was the first thing I turned off on my series 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

shanec1928 wrote: »
    It was the first thing I turned off on my series 5.

Same for me

• Advertisement

Yeah I’d be thinking that I’d turn off the always on display anyway. Not something I care about either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mine is an SE. Perfectly happy with it.

Just wanted podcasts/music for my airpods without the phone. Job done!

Anyone know where I’d get an SE this side of Xmas?Apple saying the end of January before it would deliver.

Edit: Scratch that got one in Harvey Norman. Although it has the sports bang and not the braided solo loop I wanted. Anyone know any eBay or Amazon braided loops that are decent quality? Can’t justify paying 100 quid for one from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm the same as above. I assumed Apples logistics would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm the same as above. I assumed Apples logistics would be amazing.

It is, they are the best in the world (maybe except for amazon) at shipping goods around the world.

my series 6 watch made it from China to Ireland over a single weekend!

The problem here is there's such a demand for these products, coupled with worried parent's buying things much earlier than they might need for Christmas has led to stock shortages for a lot of things especially on the cheaper end of things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I’m going from a s2 42 to a s6 should I go 40 or 44 is there much difference in the size?

Also is it not possible to get the stainless steel versions in Ireland?

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I’m going from a s2 42 to a s6 should I go 40 or 44 is there much difference in the size?

I’d go for the 44 If you’re used to the larger size. The 44 is the new 42, getting the smaller one might feel a bit too small if you’re used to looking at a big watch.

I think the stainless still isn’t Ireland but think you can get it though the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

ussjtrunks wrote: »

I went from S2 bigger size and got the 44. It fits well and I don't think 2mm is much.

I ordered the Titanium from UK via Parcel Motel. Actually after good advice on boards here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Amazon have the stainless steel ones just need to figure out if it’s worth 2x the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

forumdedum wrote: »
    I went from S2 bigger size and got the 44. It fits well and I don't think 2mm is much.

I ordered the Titanium from UK via Parcel Motel. Actually after good advice on boards here.

The 42 and 44 are the same physical size. The measurement is the display size, which on the 44mm is bigger due the the smaller bezels on the series 4 and newer.

Advertisement