Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland SFC Final: Dublin v Mayo. Sunday 17th @ 3:30pm **(MOD NOTE POST#2 #395)**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Burial. wrote: »
    And if Dublin put on a clinic and comfortably dispatch Mayo?

Then they are all ireland champions 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Always thought the Kerry team of the early 80s was the greatest football team ever however if Dublin win today I think you can say this side will surpass them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭C__MC

Good lord Dessie Dolan in the commentary box

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

I hope David Clifford is nurtured and looked after.He is an outstanding young footballer and potentially a star of the future,as regards Australia not many have made it there.

I don't think his footballing style is suited to Aussie rules. A lot of what he does is negated by the ability to tackle a man to the ground in AR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

C__MC wrote: »
    Good lord Dessie Dolan in the commentary box

Good Lord more is Ger Canning.

O Gara in for skully

He dosent convince me, big gamble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

O Gara in for skully

He dosent convince me, big gamble

Could be a sign of Dublin going more direct early on and peppering Mayo's full back line with long balls.

Hearing rumours that Connolly hasn't made the Dublin 26, any truth in this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

What are people's opinions on DC warming up in a tank top and not a jersey? Pure mind games or will he be totally excluded today?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Always thought the Kerry team of the early 80s was the greatest football team ever however if Dublin win today I think you can say this side will surpass them

You haven't a clue what you are talking about, they were two very different eras, Kerry won 8 All-Irelands including a four and three in a row in an Amateur era. This Dublin team is a team of paid professionals with biased referees aiding them all the ways. Dublin will never equal them, there record is already tainted and history will judge them poorly in the greater run of things.

Very stupid decision if true.

Doltanian wrote: »
    You haven't a clue what you are talking about, they were two very different eras, Kerry won 8 All-Irelands including a four and three in a row in an Amateur era. This Dublin team is a team of paid professionals with biased referees aiding them all the ways. Dublin will never equal them, there record is already tainted and history will judge them poorly in the greater run of things.

Stop talking complete ****e would you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Joe McQuillan to decide this match, handing it on a gold plate to his Dublin friends. Dublin to win by two controversial points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Dublin are a better team without him. He's a distraction and a liability in one. The players that replaced him this year have more than filled his boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Apart from the middle of the hill the rest of the stadium is mayo
    I hope the Dublin team are as complacent as their support
    Mayo by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 37,987 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jayus Christ bit of a man crush there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,959 ✭✭✭Patser

RTÉ commenting on fact he's not wearing a jersey during warm up, just a sleeveless vest top. Only one not in a kit, panelists suggesting Connolly not happy about something, making a statement.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 103 ✭✭UncleAlbert00

km79 wrote: »
    Apart from the middle of the hill the rest of the stadium is mayo
    I hope the Dublin team are as complacent as their support
    Mayo by 2
    Not many of the Dublin fans are involved in clubs so they wouldn't get tickets. The bandwagoners are all in the pub while the real GAA people got tickets. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Hope no wrong decisions by the match officials ......or Hawkeye! :)

Is the soccer lads commentating for sky ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Anyone watching on Sky? "The fill is after hilling in"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dublin by as many as they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd like Mayo to win but I think they're past their peak and Dublin's bench is far stronger. They've missed their best chances, none more so than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

DJ7qrBLWAAAl45g.jpg

*rings*

"Hello, I think I need help, I've woken up in a universe I don't recognise..."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,650 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm hoping for a mayo win but the safe money is in Dublin going on paper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

DJ7qrBLWAAAl45g.jpg

*rings*

"Hello, I think I need help, I've woken up in a universe I don't recognise..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ah gawd, Dessie Dolan on the TV commentary. Bernard Flynn on the radio... Do any of ye want to phone me and give me a commentary?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement