Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland SFC Final: Dublin v Mayo. Sunday 17th @ 3:30pm **(MOD NOTE POST#2 #395)**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Stoner wrote: »
    Make sure you come back and say sorry afterwards.

Add to your Sig

"I'm a good poster, not a great poster"

You might have to come back to me and apologise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Oh excuse me !I'm really sorry that the quality of my posts are not up the high standard that are on this thread.

Strange fish. You never have anything to add. Out of curiosity had quick look at your recent few posts. In half of your last 8 posts, the only thing you refer to is people dreaming. Strange.

Any chance you could give a little insight on how you think the match will go. Any potential tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

Strange fish. You never have anything to add. Out of curiosity had quick look at your recent few posts. In half of your last 8 posts, the only thing you refer to is people dreaming. Strange.

Any chance you could give a little insight on how you think the match will go. Any potential tactics?

You call me a strange fish ? nothing better to do than checking my posts?.How sad is that ? lol..
    As for the dreaming , that's in response to a lot of dreamers on here predicting an easy Mayo win.
    Dublin are peaking at the right time and in my opinion will be to strong for Mayo in the last 10 minutes, Dublin by 3 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,226 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

blanch152 wrote: »

Any County will have plans for a Win, Loss or Draw. Might get a reaction on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

I'm sure Dublin have a plan in place with DCC and the Gardai too for Monday should they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

Exactly why wouldn't we have plans to celebrate if we win? Another god awful article.
    The journalism there is starting to mirror (pardon the pun) red top rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

PARlance wrote: »
    Any County will have plans for a Win, Loss or Draw. Might get a reaction on Facebook.

Yes, that was one of the dumber articles to appear on Independent.ie, which is really quite an accomplishment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Dublin's victory homecoming has already been planned for Smithfield on Monday (should they win). These things are always planned in advance. They're hardly going to organise everything in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dublin's victory homecoming has already been planned for Smithfield on Monday (should they win). These things are always planned in advance. They're hardly going to organise everything in 24 hours.

Especially if you're going to be drowning in pints for about 20 of those hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

meh .. you've seen one AI homecoming party you've seen them all ;) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

DoctaDee wrote: »

Try telling us guys that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Dublin's victory homecoming has already been planned for Smithfield on Monday (when they win). These things are always planned in advance. They're hardly going to organise everything in 24 hours.

Is it? I know there is talk of some sort of big screen thingy being put up Smithfiled for the match, but I didn't know the home coming had already been announced for there too. We've had our four victorious homecomings in three different parts of the city, so God knows where we'll wind up when we do the ten in a row. There is so much talk of sending us on the road more, maybe we should spread the Dubs love and have one down the country. :P

DoctaDee wrote: »

Just imagine a county where the only people to have seen a homecoming are nearly 70 years old and it's not even sure most of them would remember it. Winning an All ireland would mean so much to so many Mayo people at home and abroad.
    But still 70 minutes to play to give it everything we have, 'to win just once would be enough'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

No pressure then.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd love to see mayo win as knowing several people from mayo and seeing how cut up they are when mayo haven't gotten the job down I'd love to see it as i've been told I won't see either for a week at least if they do it. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Is it? I know there is talk of some sort of big screen thingy being put up Smithfiled for the match, but I didn't know the home coming had already been announced for there too. We've had our four victorious homecomings in three different parts of the city, so God knows where we'll wind up when we do the ten in a row. There is so much talk of sending us on the road more, maybe we should spread the Dubs love and have one down the country. :P

Yeah, the big screen was cancelled/never going ahead because they had an event the day before hand and there was the possibility of a homecoming the day after, would have been too much for the residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Just on the way home from the OTB roadshow in the Olympia. It doesn't half whet the appetite.

COYBIB

Ya gotta love the funny fcukers manning the Garda Twitter account. :D

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/908692921658068992

DJxRiJ7WAAA6QvU.jpg:large

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, the big screen was cancelled/never going ahead because they had an event the day before hand and there was the possibility of a homecoming the day after, would have been too much for the residents.

Well, put the bloody thing somewhere else then. They have a whole city to choose from. It's not like we're Castlebar some one horse hick town in the sticks, that never holds big events, or has never hosted a victorious AI home coming celebration before. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well, put the bloody thing somewhere else then. They have a whole city to choose from. It's not like we're Castlebar some one horse hick town in the sticks, that never holds big events, or has never hosted a victorious AI home coming celebration before. :rolleyes:

You really should change your name to ArrogantDub. It would be more fitting.

Nah, ThreeInARowDub would be far more fitting, but we I don't like to brag. :D

Nah, ThreeInARowDub would be far more fitting.

Why wait for the game so?
    Looks like its a case of Dublin showing up to collect the cup.
    May I be the first to congratulate you on the three in a row. Some achievement. When was the last time yee won it?

Oh Jesus, lighten up will ya. We've nearly 48 hrs more to go.

Oh Jesus, lighten up will ya. We've nearly 48 hrs more to go.

Grand I will so.

I just don't get it when some Dublin supporters feel a need to insult or denigrate other counties. Castlebar is actually a lovely town and far nicer than many parts of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭C__MC

If mayo win Sunday, please let there be a pitch invasion. It's sorely missed on all Ireland final day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

C__MC wrote: »
    If mayo win Sunday, please let there be a pitch invasion. It's sorely missed on all Ireland final day.

It's really not. Players deserve to be able to enjoy the moment with each other and families.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The closer it gets the more the nerves are at me. But I feel it in my waters that it's going to be a classic.

May the best team in blue win.

• Advertisement

ClanofLams wrote: »
    It's really not. Players deserve to be able to enjoy the moment with each other and families.

It really is. IF Mayo win you will see a pitch invasion. I dont think the players would mind one bit either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement