Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on Star Trek Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Pter wrote: »
    What has being a mod got to do with bringing a thread I started to get feedback, back on track??

And I said guys, not tiggs.

Climb down there off your high horse.

You quoted me

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tigger wrote:
    You quoted me

It was the last post between ye in the conversation. I'm not multiquoting the whole thing and prolonging the thread with it.

Flushy got i was talking to ye both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

It was the last post between ye in the conversation. I'm not multiquoting the whole thing and prolonging the thread with it.

Flushy got i was talking to ye both.

That's about all she got :)

Anyway, back to feedback on the ST game, though I am not sure if I am qualified to give feedback.

Thanks for the feedback Robyn.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Actual Mod

Less of the sniping at each other folks. Please and thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Loved the role of Q, but it might need tweaking. Not sure how. Maybe not a game winning role, but a power shift role? Like they get to decide which team they want to win on their lynch and they get a parting message to the roled players of the team they want? I don't know how to explain my head.

Otherwise, fab game. Enjoyed immensely. I started a new job two weeks ago and I was incredibly busy, but the game made me want to make time to play. I haven't seen any of my friends in weeks. I have unread PMs here and unread emails (& I hate unread notifications), which I have ignored since the new job. Yet I made time to play. So it was a great game :)

sullivlo wrote: »

Loved the role of Q, but it might need tweaking. Not sure how. Maybe not a game winning role, but a power shift role? Like they get to decide which team they want to win on their lynch and they get a parting message to the roled players of the team they want? I don't know how to explain my head.

Otherwise, fab game. Enjoyed immensely. I started a new job two weeks ago and I was incredibly busy, but the game made me want to make time to play. I haven't seen any of my friends in weeks. I have unread PMs here and unread emails (& I hate unread notifications), which I have ignored since the new job. Yet I made time to play. So it was a great game :)

That interesting so Q can cause all the trouble they want messing around on thread. Then on his/her death pick a side they want to be on for the win (village or wolf) and do some damage to the other side like reveal a role or pick a player to join the other team. Something like that??

That'd be cool

Edit: actually if the character was given some powers like blocking other powers or making players silent. He could be a real nuisance

That interesting so Q can cause all the trouble they want messing around on thread. Then on his/her death pick a side they want to be on for the win (village or wolf) and do some damage to the other side like reveal a role or pick a player to join the other team. Something like that??

That'd be cool

Edit: actually if the character was given some powers like blocking other powers or making players silent. He could be a real nuisance

Yeah, like q learns something when he/she dies and gets to choose what team to tell, or gets to choose which team loses their special powers (like if they choose the wolves to lose, any extra powers they have like converting/peeking/being immune to seer/needing two votes for lynching) are gone, and same for village - lose any good power. Would need a balance in some way but q could cause chaos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Anyway, back to feedback on the ST game, though I am not sure if I am qualified to give feedback.

Q/Jester: This caused major problems. There was too much "we can't hit Q, what if we hit Q" going on, which unbalanced the villagers more than my untimely demise. Announcing the death of the jester freed the village to get on with it.

Don't get me wrong, Sully played the part beautifully, but there needs to be tweaks to the jester gameplay.

(Just to keep it with the ST theme of the game, and Pter will understand - I would have called the lynching of Q immediately, especially early game. Q lynched, click fingers, back to farpoint station, "I told you humans were savages. I win!" and let the remaining players decide if they want to go on a simple village/wolf game for runner up or not)

Aside from that, it was a well managed game, and it was interesting to see how not to play it *cough*village*cough*

That could also be just down to the fact that it was the first time a role like that was played, so there was a lot more focus on it. In future games, the villagers might just do what I advised from the beginning (I wasn't the only one) and ignore the Q character and get on with a wolves v villagers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Oooh I really like that spin on q- lunching removes any special powers from team he wants to lose. I also like Robyn's asking players if they want to play on suggestion.

• Advertisement

I think q as a game breaker rather than game ending would be great. Could even have him as a drunk so nobody knows of his existence until the mods decide

What did everyone think of the Worf role? That was the other role we customised for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

re: worf role. I assume drumpot got to know before using it that he needed two candidates within one hour. I like that mechanism, it keeps him from using it too early, needs to have good read on two players, not just one.

Yep he was told :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I liked the Worf role. He had a lot of power, but with that came a lot of pressure, in terms of waiting long enough to get two names, not waiting so long that you're killed, and even getting the order of the two names right, as Drum kinda did in game.

The one hour rule may have seemed a bit tight, but it was a berserker killing spree, not a calculated vig hit, so it fit the role.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wasn't too fond of the Worf role :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I liked Worf, the role was like a Vig with better odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

one level up from a berzerker could be a rampager.
    The rampager character can go on a rampage, also with short time intervals from 1st attempt, unlimited, until he hits a goodie, and dies with that goodie. if no choice is made in the time window the rampager takes his/her own life.

Hey Lads/Ladies my account is now an admin, QB had a quick look there to see if she could fix things but said it looks like a deeper problem. I'm not sure whats going on but if someone wants a craic at it PM and I'll shoot you my password.

Though on a postive (for me anyway!) I'm now getting to read the backrooms under Mick's login! Just can't sort out anyone else's, including my own. Currently reading what my boys were up to after I was killed :)

• Advertisement

Can you make anyone else an admin by changing their usergroup? That's how molly changed everyone else, so maybe start there?

Or pm on login to me and I'll give it a shot

Can you make anyone else an admin by changing their usergroup? That's how molly changed everyone else, so maybe start there?

No - can't see any options for changing anyone. Will forward on a PM presently.

While we have access to the admin cp, part of it has been removed from the permissions (users and groups, forums) so it doesn't appear in the main menu, and I can't get into it by clicking on a users hyperlink on the admin cp front page.

So In effect we can't change user permissions or add new fora as things stand.

I don't know if max restored partial access or there is another issue, but we don't have a full admin account yet, to my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

When I looked at the forum team a few minutes ago, Max was the only admin listed. Maybe there are still some admin permissions not set from his end?

While we have access to the admin cp, part of it has been removed from the permissions (users and groups, forums) so it doesn't appear in the main menu, and I can't get into it by clicking on a users hyperlink on the admin cp front page.

So In effect we can't change user permissions or add new fora as things stand.

I don't know if max restored partial access or there is another issue, but we don't have a full admin account yet, to my eyes.

Whew! So, I wasn't just being a dope in not finding the right place to make the fix??? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Hey Lads/Ladies my account is now an admin, QB had a quick look there to see if she could fix things but said it looks like a deeper problem. I'm not sure whats going on but if someone wants a craic at it PM and I'll shoot you my password.

Is Tigger not great in the backrooms? can he sort it out? make him and admin

Can't make anybody anything :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I read this and got incredibly excited.... only to have it dashed two messages later :(

• Advertisement

Is Tigger not great in the backrooms? can he sort it out? make him and admin

Aww :(

Advertisement