Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on Star Trek Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Pter wrote: »
    That's a good point. As a mod, i could go in and check them, and they did change when all threads in the sub forum were read.

So must be a bug that people are being notified?

How about this, wehen you arrive into CoP, and you see a dot thats black, try pressing f5, and then
    if it disappears, you don't have any new posts.
    If it remains black, you really do have new posts.

Try this, and I bet you that you will be convinced very quickly that its to do with what is new to you, and not others.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im not disagreeing with you sK.

Im agreeing it is to do with what i can see - but Mick (who had the original issue) could see 'goodies' as a parent forum, but not the fora within - and the black dot was appearing for him. Now, as you say it always remained black, so his interpretation was incorrect and he read into it was counter productive, but the way we structure the parent/child relationships will mean he can see if there are posts he hasnt seen in the parent forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

fight fight fight fight!!

So the best way to actually build the forums would be to not have a goodies/baddies parent forum, and just have separate parent forums for the BG, Vig, Priest etc etc etc.

Maybe the visibility permissions on the 'goodies' parent forum need to be tweaked as well and this would fix it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ah mine is on Sunday, I've never met anyone who had the same birthday as me so I thought "oh my, could this be it!!" :D

I know somebody that shares your birthday. Maybe I'll introduce you :P

I also know one person who shares MrsF's birthday.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    I know somebody that shares your birthday. Maybe I'll introduce you :P

is it you?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

is it you?!

Nope. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

agreed, it's defo not metadata! when Max comes to save us he'll tell us all!
    If he ever comes :(
    fight fight fight fight!!
    :pac::pac::pac: My money's on the Russian
    So the best way to actually build the forums would be to not have a goodies/baddies parent forum, and just have separate parent forums for the BG, Vig, Priest etc etc etc.

Maybe the visibility permissions on the 'goodies' parent forum need to be tweaked as well and this would fix it.
    Yeah that's basically what I said above. I think it has to do with the top level forum permissions for Goodie or Baddie. It shows new posts have been made in that broader forum, but not necessarily in the subforum you have access to. Would be worth a test though.

I don't think it's a bug, but it's very difficult to test without admin access, or access to the back end at least. I wouldn't consider it metadata though.

Its meta-meta data.

If he ever comes :(

have we a backup in case he never comes?

is it possible to host it on MU instead?

*update I tried to read the how to host a game on MU article and got a 404 :eek:
    so that's a no then

• Advertisement

We can use discord as a fall back option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I enjoyed all of it.

No complaints.

Maybe not enough Space Donkey.

Cheers again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I enjoyed all of it.

No complaints.

Cheers again!!

i thought you were brilliant

have we a backup in case he never comes?

is it possible to host it on MU instead?

*update I tried to read the how to host a game on MU article and got a 404 :eek:
    so that's a no then

I'm actually Max, how do you think I've always been able to know who the wolves are?

I'll fix it now.
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I enjoyed all of it.

No complaints.

Cheers again!!

Speaking of space donkey. Any of you guys sign up to IPB under a name monkeytonics? and PM me saying something about space donkey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Speaking of space donkey. Any of you guys sign up to IPB under a name monkeytonics? and PM me saying something about space donkey?

I made an a/c under my current username, but havent been on since?

Max is monkeytonics

Tigger wrote: »
    Max is monkeytonics

No he isn't!

No he isn't!

I think I know what Max is or isn't better than you thank you very much.

Tigger wrote: »
    I think I know what Max is or isn't better than you thank you very much.

What the fk are you talking about? are you telling me that you KNOW better than me who the monkeytronics account is etc

• Advertisement

What the fk are you talking about? are you telling me that you KNOW better than me who the monkeytronics account is etc

What's the etc
    No I don't know the etc

Can you explain your first post then?

You explain the etc first I asked first

do you not know what etc means? I asked if you were saying you knew better than me about the monkeytronics account etc. It is basic English Tigger.

abbreviation for et cetera: and other similar things. It is used to avoid giving a complete list:
    We saw lots of lions, tigers, elephants, etc.

So I was meaning about the whole situation.

No I don't know about the hole situation
    I don know who Max is tho

8502cb0d5f4639b0c4ce356c2f4ada9e--peripheral-vision-who-runs-the-world.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Anyway, back to feedback on the ST game, though I am not sure if I am qualified to give feedback.

Q/Jester: This caused major problems. There was too much "we can't hit Q, what if we hit Q" going on, which unbalanced the villagers more than my untimely demise. Announcing the death of the jester freed the village to get on with it.

Don't get me wrong, Sully played the part beautifully, but there needs to be tweaks to the jester gameplay.

(Just to keep it with the ST theme of the game, and Pter will understand - I would have called the lynching of Q immediately, especially early game. Q lynched, click fingers, back to farpoint station, "I told you humans were savages. I win!" and let the remaining players decide if they want to go on a simple village/wolf game for runner up or not)

Aside from that, it was a well managed game, and it was interesting to see how not to play it *cough*village*cough*

You really aren't making any sense Tigger.

That's not all the posts
    If you read all the posts you'd understand
    You can't just read some of the story and think you know the beginning

Tigger wrote:
    That's not all the posts If you read all the posts you'd understand You can't just read some of the story and think you know the beginning

Guys it's a feedback thread.

Excused me but 1 your not a mod and 2 flush damraggee the thread off topic with the who is monkeytrobics posts about playing werewolf on a different forum

What has being a mod got to do with bringing a thread I started to get feedback, back on track??

And I said guys, not tiggs.

Climb down there off your high horse.

• Advertisement

Removed the stuff Vlad. Sorry about that :)

Advertisement