Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Refunds information

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Actually i received my refund, and thats only thanks to this forum

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

rkosenko wrote: »
    Hello,

I didn't receive a refund from Irish Water, despite I'm alive, live in the Republic of Ireland, didn't change the name (so, this is not a "complex case"). I've sent a few requests to Irish Water support, but haven't received any clear answer when will I get the refund.
    Is there any chance to retrieve this refund while I'm alive?
    Hi rkosenko,

Thank you for your message and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account number; and
    - WPRN

Thanks in advance,
    Agata

rai555 wrote: »
    Actually i received my refund, and thats only thanks to this forum
    Hi rai555,

We are glad to hear this.:)

Please feel free to get in touch with us again, should you have any other queries.

Have a good day,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Just found my Refund cheque but it is now over 12 months old it was issued on the 5.12.17. Can i still lodge it in my bank or do i need to get a new one

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Irish Water: Alex M

skippy2 wrote: »
    Just found my Refund cheque but it is now over 12 months old it was issued on the 5.12.17. Can i still lodge it in my bank or do i need to get a new one

Thank you
    Hi skippy2,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the below details so that we can look into this for you?

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

skippy2 wrote: »

Thank you
    Hi skippy2,

Would you mind sending us a PM with the below details so that we can look into this for you?

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    Hi Alex

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Irish Water: Alex M

Hi skippy2,

We have received your PM and a member of our team has responded.

Thanks,
    Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Hi folks,

I never received a refund. I don't know my a/c number or WPRN.  Would you be able to look at my info simply from my name and address (nether of which have changed).

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi Deadwards.com,

Thanks for your query.
    Hi folks,

I never received a refund. I don't know my a/c number or WPRN.  Would you be able to look at my info simply from my name and address (nether of which have changed).

We can certainly look into this matter for you.

Would you mind sending the following details via PM:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number;
    - Email address;
    - Landlord details (if applicable);
    - Dates of payments made;
    - Method used to make payments; and
    - The amount of the payments made.

Please be aware that as you do not have your WPRN and account number, we need to go through stringent checks to adhere to data protection guidelines.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kasiarein

Dear Irish Water, 

My family got a refund from you, however, in Germany (where I live) it is almost impossible to cash
    the cheques. Therefore we have tried to do it in Poland (we are Polish) where we go from time to time. 
    Before we were to get our money back, the cheque expired. 

Please advise what should we do next. Can we get a cheque with a new date? Alternatively, can the 
    money be transferred to our account?

Kind Regards, 
    Katarzyna Rein 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi Katarzyna,

While refunds are only issued via cheque, for security purposes, we will be happy to re-issue a cheque to you.

If you are the named account holder who received the cheque, please confirm the following details by private messages and we will be happy to help:

- Your full name;
    - Supply address where charges were paid;
    - Account number; and
    - WPRN

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hells_e_bells

Hi,
    I just found my irish water refund cheque after much searching however it is now out of date. Is it possible to get it reissued?
    Thanks,
    Helen.

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Helen,
    Hi,
    I just found my irish water refund cheque after much searching however it is now out of date. Is it possible to get it reissued?
    Thanks,
    Helen.

Please PM us with the following information:

- Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Contact number;
    - Account number; and
    - WPRN.

Once these details are confirmed, a member of our team will help.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

Ok, I've tried umpteen times by phone so maybe I will have more luck here.

I am trying to get a water bill refund for a rental accommodation I moved out of 3 years ago. The landlord mispelled my name so the cheque that was issued will not be accepted by the bank. I asked Irish water for the form to change my name so new cheque can be issued but they keep sending the forms to my old rental address and not my current one, which I gave to them. Every time I call to let them know I didn't receive the forms I make a point of letting them know they keep sending it to the wrong address and yet they keep sending it to this address anyway.

I would appreciate your help in resolving this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi transylman,

Thank you for getting in touch.
    transylman wrote: »
    Ok, I've tried umpteen times by phone so maybe I will have more luck here.

I am trying to get a water bill refund for a rental accommodation I moved out of 3 years ago. The landlord mispelled my name so the cheque that was issued will not be accepted by the bank. I asked Irish water for the form to change my name so new cheque can be issued but they keep sending the forms to my old rental address and not my current one, which I gave to them. Every time I call to let them know I didn't receive the forms I make a point of letting them know they keep sending it to the wrong address and yet they keep sending it to this address anyway.

I would appreciate your help in resolving this issue.
    Would you be able to send a PM with the following information please and a member of our team will look into this? If you do not have all the below information, please send what you can and we'll our best for you.

- Name;
    - Contact number;
    - Account number;
    - Supply address with WPRN; and
    - Current address.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi transylman,

Would you be able to send a PM with the following information please and a member of our team will look into this? If you do not have all the below information, please send what you can and we'll our best for you.

- Name;
    - Contact number;
    - Account number;
    - Current address.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

PM sent to you with my details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi transylman,
    Hi transylman,

- Name;
    - Contact number;
    - Account number;
    - Current address.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

PM sent to you with my details.
    Thank you for sending a PM. A member of our team will respond to your message shortly.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi transylman,

Thank you for sending a PM. A member of our team will respond to your message shortly.

Thanks,
    Daniel

I sent on a bank statement as requested three weeks ago and got reply back to say refund was being arranged but have not heard anything since. Do you have any update on this?

Hi transylman,

Thanks,
    Daniel

I sent on a bank statement as requested three weeks ago and got reply back to say refund was being arranged but have not heard anything since. Do you have any update on this?
    Hi transylman,

Would you mind sending us a PM and a member of the team will be happy to assist.

Thanks,
    Agata

Hi transylman,

Would you mind sending us a PM and a member of the team will be happy to assist.

Thanks,
    Agata

PM sent.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on refund and not even a date provided yet for when I can expect it.

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi transylman,
    Still waiting on refund and not even a date provided yet for when I can expect it.

PM sent.
    Thanks for letting us know and a member of our team will respond to your DM in due course.

Thanks,
    Mairead

Advertisement