Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Refunds information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shamanx

Dear Irish Water team,

My mother received cheque refund few months ago. She is in very miserable situation. She has no bank account so she is not able to exchange this cheque into cash. I am just wondering if there is any alternative option to send her refund.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Irish Water: Siobhan

Hi Shamanx,

Thanks for your message.

If your mother prefers, she can fill in a Refund Nomination Form, where she can choose another person to receive the refund on her behalf.

If you'd like to send a PM with a name and address, we can have this form issued.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Hi! When I log into my account, I see that there is over 160e "credit" on my Irish water account. Was this meant to be refunded to me, leaving a 0e total on the account?

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi SchrodingersCat,
    Hi! When I log into my account, I see that there is over 160e "credit" on my Irish water account. Was this meant to be refunded to me, leaving a 0e total on the account?

We can look into this matter for you. Would you mind sending a DM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - WPRN; and
    - Account number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Hi,

I was told I would receive my cheque at my workplace (I changed the address) by Mid February 2018. As its two months later and I still have not received the letter / cheque could I request someone look into this for me please?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi kokiyou,
    kokiyou wrote: »
    Hi,

I was told I would receive my cheque at my workplace (I changed the address) by Mid February 2018. As its two months later and I still have not received the letter / cheque could I request someone look into this for me please?
    If you PM the below details, we can look into this for you:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - WPRN; and
    - Account number.

Thanks in advance,
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sensodyne

Hi All,

Can someone please give me useful advice?
    I was renting from private landlord two years ago. At the end of my tenancy landlord told to pay IW bill in full. (260 eur.) 
    Otherwise deposit would not be returned.
    Account was registered on his name, I have never received a single bill from IW.

Landlord sent me IW bill. I went to local post office and paid it in full.
    Still have the bill and receipt attached to it. Got my deposit back and moved out.

Now IW is saying that refunds are being issued to registered account owners, in this case this is my ex landlord.
    And to get a refund I have to engage with the landlord.

But what if landlord is not engaging with me? Not answering phone calls /emails?
    Should I now take legal action against my landlord?

IW please comment, and  also anyone with similar experience.

Thanks and Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Water: Amy

Hi Sensodyne,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

As you paid the bill under your landlord's name, we recommend that you contact them directly to arrange for the refund to be returned to you. As this is a private matter between both you and your landlord, we cannot offer any assistance from our side in this instance.

Apologies. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Amy

Hi Sensodyne,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

As you paid the bill under your landlord's name, we recommend that you contact them directly to arrange for the refund to be returned to you. As this is a private matter between both you and your landlord, we cannot offer any assistance from our side in this instance.

Apologies. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Amy
    Thank you Amy for your fast reply.

Anyone with similar experience please comment.

I believe legal action against ex landlord is the only choice I have now.

Thanks and Regards

Hi Sensodyne,

You're very welcome, and we hope that this is resolved for you soon.

Kind regards,
    Amy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

But what if landlord is not engaging with me? Not answering phone calls /emails?

Why do landlords always have to be <snip>? It baffles me and it angers me. The laws in this country have to be changed to address this ongoing mess in the rental market.

Poncke wrote: »

Why do landlords always have to be <snip>? It baffles me and it angers me. The laws in this country have to be changed to address this ongoing mess in the rental market.
    Hello Poncke,

To answer your question: not all landlords are <snip> and not all tenants are saint.
    Have been renting for more than 10 years now and have seen both.

In my case now my ex-landlord is not giving me refund he received from Irish Water, he doesn't even answer my phone calls/texts/emails.
    So should I consider him as a pleasant/trustworthy person? Of course not! He is a <snip>! for me.

Absolutely agree that laws in this country should be changed!

I would also like to add that it was not fare move from IW to just refund someone whose name is on the bill.

There are many others in the same boat with me.
    Tenants who paid water bills for landlords and now have difficulties getting their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

Sensodyne wrote: »
    I would also like to add that it was not fare move from IW to just refund someone whose name is on the bill.

Tenants who paid water bills for landlords and now have difficulties getting their money back.

Do you expect Irish water to just take your word for it that you and not your landlord paid the bill?
    Unless you can prove this then it is 100% a matter for you to resolve with your landlord.

Do you expect Irish water to just take your word for it that you and not your landlord paid the bill?
    Unless you can prove this then it is 100% a matter for you to resolve with your landlord.
    Yes, I can prove it was me who paid the bill, but this is a legal matter now.
    Thanks and Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GraGraxd2014

Hi there,

I was renting from a landlord and paying my water bills in college and have since changed address. I have tried calling 1850 448 448 multiple times to change my address (and name as it is spelled incorrectly on the bills) and cannot log in online as it is saying my WPRN and Account number do not match an address. Could I possibly check if a cheque was sent to my previous address as I have not been sent one as of yet (according to the landlord and current tennants)?

Additionally, I lived with 3 other students who are awaiting the refunds from me, is it possible to have the cheques for their partial refunds to them at their own addresses or must the refund be in full to one individual?

Thanks in advance,
    Gráinne

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Poncke wrote: »

Hello Poncke,

To answer your question: not all landlords are <snip> and not all tenants are saint.
    Have been renting for more than 10 years now and have seen both.

In my case now my ex-landlord is not giving me refund he received from Irish Water, he doesn't even answer my phone calls/texts/emails.
    So should I consider him as a pleasant/trustworthy person? Of course not! He is a <snip>! for me.
    If it helps, the landlord I paid my water bills too is a 'friend'. Someone I've known half my life, went to school with and in the same circle of friends. I didn't get mine back either. 

I didn't think tenants would have any rights at all for getting the charges back? Especially if you no longer live there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi GraGraxd2014,
    Hi there,

I was renting from a landlord and paying my water bills in college and have since changed address. I have tried calling 1850 448 448 multiple times to change my address (and name as it is spelled incorrectly on the bills) and cannot log in online as it is saying my WPRN and Account number do not match an address. Could I possibly check if a cheque was sent to my previous address as I have not been sent one as of yet (according to the landlord and current tennants)?

Additionally, I lived with 3 other students who are awaiting the refunds from me, is it possible to have the cheques for their partial refunds to them at their own addresses or must the refund be in full to one individual?

Thanks in advance,
    Gráinne
    If you send a PM with the following details, we will be happy to look into this:

- Name;
    - Supply Address;
    - Account Number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 33 snowdaisy

The government has announced that Domestic Water Charge refunds will be issued in the Autumn. Irish Water is working to ensure that this can be achieved as efficiently and accurately as possible. The vast majority of refunds should be paid before Christmas.

Irish Water’s primary concern is that the payment of refunds is as straightforward as possible from a customer point of view and that those who made a payment to Irish Water are refunded with a minimum of delay, once Government has passed the legislation and provided the funding needed to allow for refunds. Almost 1m customers will be repaid their domestic water charges totalling €173m. 
    The cost of refunding customers will be approximately €5m to cover the cost of letters, cheques, a public information campaign and additional staffing to support the project including additional call centre staff to deal with customer queries.

We are now putting a team in place to begin this work and we will communicate with customers advising them what they need to do to ensure their refund is paid correctly as soon as the legislation is passed.
    Customers do not need to contact Irish Water to get their refund. Irish Water will send a cheque to the account holder at their address. If customers have moved or if their personal details have changed they should please call 1850 448 448.

You can find more information on refunds here.
    Hi Irish Water, I never received any refund cheque. I now need to chase the payments and also to update my address but your login says my account details, as printed on my bills, doesnt exist. Therefore I cant log into / set up an online account. Assistance is welcome.

• Advertisement

Hi snowdaisy,

Thanks for getting in touch - We will be happy to look into this for you.

Would you mind sending us the below details via PM so we can investigate?

- Your name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number and;
    - Account number.

Thanks in advance,
    Amy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shinblade2002

Hi I’m trying to log in online but i have forgotten my account details when I click on forgotten password and enter my email it’s saying email not valid but this is the email address I used to set the account up

Hi,
    Hi I’m trying to log in online but i have forgotten my account details when I click on forgotten password and enter my email it’s saying email not valid but this is the email address I used to set the account up
    If you send a private message with the following details, we can follow up:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number;
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shinblade2002

I don’t have the account details that’s what I want to log in to get
    ote="Irish Water: Mairead;107360906"]Hi,

If you send a private message with the following details, we can follow up:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number;
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Mairead[/quote]

Hi shinblade2002
    I don’t have the account details that's what I want to log in to get
    If you can provide the following details by private message, we can verify your account:

- Name and Address;
    - Contact number on account;
    - Email Address associated with account;
    - Landlord details; and
    - Method of payment and date payment was made.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GlassOnion

Hi,

I paid 2 water bills while living at a rented property. I did not put my name on the account and letters were addressed to the occupier. As I paid by credit card and the landlady's name was not on the account, I thought the refund would come through to my card. If I PM account no/address/amount paid, can you tell me if any refund has been issued?

Thanks

Hi GlassOnion,
    GlassOnion wrote: »
    Hi,

I paid 2 water bills while living at a rented property. I did not put my name on the account and letters were addressed to the occupier. As I paid by credit card and the landlady's name was not on the account, I thought the refund would come through to my card. If I PM account no/address/amount paid, can you tell me if any refund has been issued?

Thanks
    Refund were solely issued by cheque for security purposes. Due to data protection reasons, we can only discuss an account with the named account holder.

However, if you send proof of payment for the Irish Water Bills and proof of residence through the form of a utility bill with a letter containing your contact information to the following address, we can help:

Irish Water
    PO Box 860
    South City Delivery Office
    Cork City
    Cork

Kind regards,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Hi, i never received my refund from irish water. Beed advised the check will be posted but that didn't happened. My attempts to ring were unlucky so far. Hoping for help here.
    Thank you in advance

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi rai555,
    rai555 wrote: »
    Hi, i never received my refund from irish water. Beed advised the check will be posted but that didn't happened. My attempts to ring were unlucky so far. Hoping for help here.
    Thank you in advance
    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please PM us with the following details:

- Your full name;
    - Your supply address;
    - Contact number;
    - WPRN; and
    - Account number.

Once this information is confirmed, a member of our team will investigate this for you.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rkosenko

Hello,

I didn't receive a refund from Irish Water, despite I'm alive, live in the Republic of Ireland, didn't change the name (so, this is not a "complex case"). I've sent a few requests to Irish Water support, but haven't received any clear answer when will I get the refund.
    Is there any chance to retrieve this refund while I'm alive?

Advertisement