Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Refunds information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hi there,

I am curious about something. My grandparents set up an IW account and paid all their bills, both have now passed. What will happen to their refund, can it be changed to a different name?

While I am here, I have just been on the phone to "customer service" to find out about my own refund. The guy on the phone said I failed the data protection portion of the call even though I provided my own name, address and name of my landlord(I didn't set up an account but did pay 2 bills) How can I go about getting my refund now?

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi there,

I am curious about something. My grandparents set up an IW account and paid all their bills, both have now passed. What will happen to their refund, can it be changed to a different name?

While I am here, I have just been on the phone to "customer service" to find out about my own refund. The guy on the phone said I failed the data protection portion of the call even though I provided my own name, address and name of my landlord(I didn't set up an account but did pay 2 bills) How can I go about getting my refund now?
    Hi,

We are very sorry for your loss.

We recommend that you call our Billing Department on 1850 448 448 regarding your grandparents account, where a member of the team will send you a form to update the details accordingly.

Regarding your own account, if you PM the following details, we will look into this:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - Email address.

Thanks,
    Agata

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi there,

Hi,

We are very sorry for your loss.

We recommend that you call our Billing Department on 1850 448 448 regarding your grandparents account, where a member of the team will send you a form to update the details accordingly.

Regarding your own account, if you PM the following details, we will look into this:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - Email address.

Thanks,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Hi

My cheque was issues to myself and my wife. Can I get it reissued in just my name. We have no joint bank account

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi Fugee,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    fugee wrote: »
    My cheque was issues to myself and my wife. Can I get it reissued in just my name. We have no joint bank account

We would advise you to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448, and a member of the team will be happy to assist with your query.

Thanks,
    Allanah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Hi Fugee,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We would advise you to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448, and a member of the team will be happy to assist with your query.

Thanks,
    Allanah
    Fantastic. I have to snail mail a letter in. You really are making this as difficult as possible to get a refund. Why can I not scan a letter in and email it in??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A Griffin

We were renting a property through a letting agent, when we were moving out... we paid the letting agent cash (to cover the cost of water bills while in the property). The account was never in our name, we had no access to the water account. Now, we are having a big problem with getting our refund as the account was never in our name and the property has since gone into receivership. What do we do to get our money back? Paid approx. €300 in Jan. 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

A Griffin wrote: »
    We were renting a property through a letting agent, when we were moving out... we paid the letting agent cash (to cover the cost of water bills while in the property). The account was never in our name, we had no access to the water account. Now, we are having a big problem with getting our refund as the account was never in our name and the property has since gone into receivership. What do we do to get our money back? Paid approx. €300 in Jan. 2016.
    It's the letting agent you need to chase , not Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A Griffin

Ogham wrote: »
    It's the letting agent you need to chase , not Irish Water.

Letting agent not being very helpful 🙈

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I paid my bills over the phone, and IW are saying I never registered for an online account even though I've received emails from them. I can't find my bills and have nothing with my account number or WPRN on them.

I rang IW who say I've got to send in a copy of the bank statement where it shows the payment by debit card and also a bill in my name and they'll send out the account details. Can anyone remember when the bills were issued? I reckon I'll have to request a duplicate bank statement.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Around mid - late May 2015 and then every 3 months from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

My cheque was due to be issued Dec 4th but haven't received it yet. Is there a backlog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi fugee,
    Fantastic. I have to snail mail a letter in. You really are making this as difficult as possible to get a refund. Why can I not scan a letter in and email it in??
    Apologies for the delay in response.

As part of our refunds policy, we require physical documentation to be posted in to us. As soon as your documents are received, we will process your request as quickly as possible to ensure you get your refund.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Mairead

Hi A Griffin,
    A Griffin wrote: »
    We were renting a property through a letting agent, when we were moving out... we paid the letting agent cash (to cover the cost of water bills while in the property). The account was never in our name, we had no access to the water account. Now, we are having a big problem with getting our refund as the account was never in our name and the property has since gone into receivership. What do we do to get our money back? Paid approx. 300 Euro in Jan. 2016.
    We recommend you contact your letting agent in order to discuss the receipt of your refund.

Thanks,
    Mairead

Hi Toots,
    Toots wrote: »
    I paid my bills over the phone, and IW are saying I never registered for an online account even though I've received emails from them. I can't find my bills and have nothing with my account number or WPRN on them.

I rang IW who say I've got to send in a copy of the bank statement where it shows the payment by debit card and also a bill in my name and they'll send out the account details. Can anyone remember when the bills were issued? I reckon I'll have to request a duplicate bank statement.
    Thanks for your message.

If you can provide the following details by PM, we can look into this for you:

- Name;
    - Supply Address;
    - Email Address associated with account; and
    - Contact number;

Thanks,
    Mairead

Hi Toxica,
    Toxica wrote: »
    My cheque was due to be issued Dec 4th but haven't received it yet. Is there a backlog?
    It can take up to 7 working days for the cheque to arrive by post. If you have not received your cheque by tomorrow, please PM the following information and we can follow up:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Are iw phones working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Irish Water: Siobhan

Hi RevBlueJeans,

Our phone lines are open, however, we are currently receiving high call volumes.

If you have a query you'd like us to look into please let us know.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Dear Irish Water

I rang the Customer service number well before the 17th November in order indicate a change of address on my account. I hadn't recieved my refund cheque even though alot of friends and colleagues had recieved theirs. I entered my account number and wprn on the refund website and it indicated that my refund amount was not available... when I rang the the Customer service representative the automated teller indicated that i was to recieve my refund by the 17th December 2017 which i haven't. I rang today only to be told that there was an issue with my refund and was under investigation... my address change wasn't updated correctly on their system and my refund cheque was never issued which is obviously not my fault. I have now been told that my details are correct but I will not receive my refund until February as the next cheque run won't be ran until the end of January... I find this completely unacceptable that I have to wait this length for MY money while majority of others has recieved theirs through no fault of my own. I thought cheques were been issued on a daily basis why all of a sudden is the next one is End of January.

Very unhappy

Ian

Hi Ian,
    thesphinx wrote: »
    Dear Irish Water

I rang the Customer service number well before the 17th November in order indicate a change of address on my account. I hadn't recieved my refund cheque even though alot of friends and colleagues had recieved theirs. I entered my account number and wprn on the refund website and it indicated that my refund amount was not available... when I rang the the Customer service representative the automated teller indicated that i was to recieve my refund by the 17th December 2017 which i haven't. I rang today only to be told that there was an issue with my refund and was under investigation... my address change wasn't updated correctly on their system and my refund cheque was never issued which is obviously not my fault. I have now been told that my details are correct but I will not receive my refund until February as the next cheque run won't be ran until the end of January... I find this completely unacceptable that I have to wait this length for MY money while majority of others has recieved theirs through no fault of my own. I thought cheques were been issued on a daily basis why all of a sudden is the next one is End of January.

Very unhappy

Ian
    We're very sorry to hear you have had this experience and apologise for any inconvenience and upset this may have caused you.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Hi Ian,

We're very sorry to hear you have had this experience and apologise for any inconvenience and upset this may have caused you.

Thanks,
    Mairead

You didn't really answer any of my questions, why will I not receive my refund until February?

Hi Ian,

Cheques are being processed and issued in batches on a phased basis. We understand that this delay has been caused by an internal error, however we are unable to accelerate this process.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Hi There

Refund was due to be processed on the 3rd of December. I rang the helpline last week, and they said it was indeed processed. But it still hasn't arrived. Whats my next course of action?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Toxica wrote: »

Is there a way to find out when the refund cheque is due to be issued?

Hi hades,
    hades wrote: »
    Hi There

Refund was due to be processed on the 3rd of December. I rang the helpline last week, and they said it was indeed processed. But it still hasn't arrived. Whats my next course of action?

Thanks
    As you have not received your refund cheque within 7 working days of processing, can you PM the following information and we can look into this:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

Hi hades,
    hades wrote: »
    Hi There

Thanks
    As you have not received your refund cheque within 7 working days of processing, can you PM the following information and we can look into this:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 julieb123

We received our refund check from Irish Water a few weeks ago and assumed that was the end of it. However, today I checked our bank account and see that Irish water have taken a direct debit of 52.38 from our account! What is going on??? 

Hi naughtysmurf,
    Is there a way to find out when the refund cheque is due to be issued?
    Thanks for your query.

You can find out when your refund is due to be processed by entering your Account Number and WPRN into our refund tracker here. Refunds will be issued within 7 working days of the processing date.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

Hi julieb123,
    julieb123 wrote: »
    We received our refund check from Irish Water a few weeks ago and assumed that was the end of it. However, today I checked our bank account and see that Irish water have taken a direct debit of 52.38 from our account! What is going on??? 
    Would you mind sending us a PM with the below information and we will be happy to investigate this for you:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number; and
    - WPRN.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 snaggles01

Hi Mairead

I have lost the cheque which I received can I get it cancelled and reprinted?
    Thanks 

Advertisement