Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the old IRA still exist? (Mod warning in op)

Options
124»

Comments

timthumbni wrote: »
    So let me get this clear. Are you currently pro or anti eu? You change like the wind. Either that or this site is getting mixed signals.

At the most basic level (to put it mildly), that you cannot distinguish between my quoting another poster (A Little Pony) saying 'As for the EU, the EU can go to hell. Most true Irish Nationalists don't believe in the EU or what it stands for unless you are happy to relinquish your sovereignty.' and my saying that is worrying. That's about as kind as I can be.
    I don't hate the eu btw...The British are just the first to try to bail off the sinking eu ship.

Having failed to sink the EU with decades of bitter Europhobia and xenophobia, the British have decided to sink themselves. And that's your definition of progress?
    Considering your "revote " a few years back I don't expect you lot to be one of the pioneers. You will do what you are told.

Make absolutely no mistake here: by the end of this process, you'll all be on your knees doing as you're told, desperate to dress up EU legal and court jurisdication and subscription to EU norms and standards as something other that the massive defeat it is for Brexiters/Tory rightwingers. This is blindingly obvious.

Brexit's "compromise" will ultimately be like your Vauxhall cars: we all know it's a German Opel but they're still called Vauxhall to give you an illusion of Britishness.

Lastly, so this Brexit vote must stand because there is only one vote on the EU and this one is sacrosanct. Good job the Brexit vote wasn't a "revote" on the EU either - oh wait, it was.

1975: UK embraces Europe in referendum

Once again, your democratic credentials are not exactly shining through here.

NI will remain as part of the uk until the majority wish otherwise.

The same majority that decided Brexit, or do your have a different majority for that? Of course unlike Brexit which a majority in the Six Counties opposed, you want that "majority" to be decided by a special "majority" just for the Six Counties only. As I said, your "democratic" credentials are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

The same majority that decided Brexit, or do your have a different majority for that? Of course unlike Brexit which a majority in the Six Counties opposed, you want that "majority" to be decided by a special "majority" just for the Six Counties only. As I said, your "democratic" credentials are hilarious.

I'm sure democratic credentials like blowing up wee boys in Warrington for example say everything that needs to be said about Irish republicanism...

A lovely bunch, to be sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

A more interesting question would be does the IRB still exist?

They rebranded as World Rugby a couple of years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

As for the EU, the EU can go to hell. Most true Irish Nationalists don't believe in the EU or what it stands for unless you are happy to relinquish your sovereignty.

Alternatively 'most true Irish nationalists' know exactly what the EU stands for and therefore strongly support it: a bulwark against the re-emergence of British power over the Irish and Ireland. Which of course is precisely why you and your fellow unionists resent it. As long as Ireland remains in the EU your "British Isles" pipedreams cannot be fulfilled again.
    This is nonsense. Irish Nationalists had a long tradition of being against the EU, it's capitalist model of which it is built upon. Maybe you should go read the writings of Irish Nationalists on the EU not more than 10 years ago and further back. Irish nationalism has always had a deep skepticism of the EU.

• Advertisement

I'm sure democratic credentials like blowing up wee boys in Warrington for example say everything that needs to be said about Irish republicanism...

A lovely bunch, to be sure....

Good luck with making the hunter gatherer based post Brexit economy work for the people of NI Tim......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Good luck with making the hunter gatherer based post Brexit economy work for the people of NI Tim......

Yes. Because leaving the European Union really means that we will all go back to prehistoric times. What a snowflake you must be...

Yes. Because leaving the European Union really means that we will all go back to prehistoric times. What a snowflake you must be...

So you're admitting things are going get worse under Brexit, but you want leave anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Timthumbni and 17-pdr, do not post in this thread again. Failing to follow mod instruction to drop the political sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

joeguevara wrote: »
    Republicanism is very strange....especially down south....as an ex owner of a bar in Carlow, I was always amazed at who tried to demand do my door....for example, my father is from Donegal and he invited a great band (similar to the Wolfe tones) to sing...three days before a Sinn Fein councillor came in and demanded 10% of the takings as the pub was making profits off the sinn finn struggle...my father asked him was he in castlrea or portlaoise, he stuttered and wasn't long being told to leave...I have never seen as many armchair republicans as I have seen being an owner of a bar...people being associated with gangs, parties and especially people...I love songs and history, and I cannot stand bully's..I especiallly cannot stand people who try and make money off others..

A SF Cllr attempted to shake down your pub?

Christ, the type of people we have serving in public office in this country.
    At least they didn't waterboard him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement