Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the old IRA still exist? (Mod warning in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

retalivity wrote: »
    Hopefully not. And i say that as an irishman with no nationalistic tendencies. Trying to incorporate the tens of thousands of absolute head-the-balls who are anti-everything irish north of the border will be a disaster. They can have their little statelet

no . it must reunify with the republic, it will reunify with the republic. it's what britain wants, it's what the EU want and it's what the irish ultimately want. the fleggers can easily be dealt with now that they have no support from the BA and british government.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Just a note to members. Here in After Hours we don't have the same rules about name calling that they have in the politics and cafe forums. That being said extreme abuse or name calling will be dealt with accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anyone who thinks the (P)IRA have miraculously gone away no doubt also believes in the Flying Spagetti Monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

So you think Micheal Collins et al were 'cocksuckers'!? Sounds like homoerotic wishful thinking on your part.

Considering the War of Independence led to the establishment of an Irish Republic your `losers' comment is factually incorrect.

Have to laugh that one of the people thanking him for that comment was 'hidinginthebush'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

No comparison between the legitimate army of the Republic and all the terrorist groups from early 20th century to the 70s terrorists.

'the Republic'.. you mean Ireland right?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

No comparison between the legitimate army of the Republic and all the terrorist groups from early 20th century to the 70s terrorists.

'the Republic'.. you mean Ireland right?
    No, the Irish Republic. If I meant Ireland I would have said Ireland. As for the EU, the EU can go to hell. Most true Irish Nationalists don't believe in the EU or what it stands for unless you are happy to relinquish your sovereignty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

retalivity wrote: »
    Hopefully not. And i say that as an irishman with no nationalistic tendencies. Trying to incorporate the tens of thousands of absolute head-the-balls who are anti-everything irish north of the border will be a disaster. They can have their little statelet

no . it must reunify with the republic, it will reunify with the republic. it's what britain wants, it's what the EU want and it's what the irish ultimately want. the fleggers can easily be dealt with now that they have no support from the BA and british government.

I know plenty of Irish people who don't, myself being one, along with hundreds of thousands like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

New IRA developed new kind of under car bomb!

http://news.sky.com/story/new-ira-develops-new-kind-of-bomb-northern-ireland-police-say-11016168

Wonderful, just what we need for unification.

More policemen, judges & security personnel with fewer legs and/or dead. Grieving relatives, more bitterness, anger, retaliation, extra security, frustration & deep sadness, yeah, way to go New IRA - you're soooo cool - NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

They're not an army of any description.
    Cowards skulking miles away, where they're safe, while their bomb goes off. Usually killing primarily civilians.

If a one of them could fight like a man then they could have some claim to calling themselves soldiers. But they don't so they can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    They're not an army of any description.
    Cowards skulking miles away, where they're safe, while their bomb goes off. Usually killing primarily civilians.

If a one of them could fight like a man then they could have some claim to calling themselves soldiers. But they don't so they can't.

Ratchet up your outrage meter. , because they kinda sounds like the Americans too so?
    The United States has admitted that at least 105 Iraqi civilians were killed in an air strike it carried out in Mosul in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Good luck with that chum. You seem to to always stand up for the travellers as all round decent folk. So I will take your opinion with a pinch of salt to be honest.

Btw we are leaving the eu so their opinion is meaningless. And unlike yourselves we will hopefully have the balls 🏀 to go through with it. No second votes to make sure we get the right answer like certain others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Ratchet up your outrage meter. , because they kinda sounds like the Americans too so?

The US bombing was in support of Iraqi forces retaking the city from IS. I think we can all agree mosul is a better place without those bastards.

No, the Irish Republic. If I meant Ireland I would have said Ireland.

You're confused. At this stage you should know that the Irish Republic was the unilaterally declared all-Ireland state that existed between 1916 and 1922/23. In 2017 the Irish Republic remains unfulfilled. The state you call the Irish Republic is, in fact, known by only one name in the English language: Ireland. This has been so since 1937. Since 1949 this state has been described as the Republic of Ireland. Name versus description. A fairly remedial distinction.

Irish Republic

v.

Republic of Ireland

As for the EU, the EU can go to hell. Most true Irish Nationalists don't believe in the EU or what it stands for unless you are happy to relinquish your sovereignty.

Alternatively 'most true Irish nationalists' know exactly what the EU stands for and therefore strongly support it: a bulwark against the re-emergence of British power over the Irish and Ireland. Which of course is precisely why you and your fellow unionists resent it. As long as Ireland remains in the EU your "British Isles" pipedreams cannot be fulfilled again.

I see fuenarch just posted and then removed immediately a post stating that any true republican would never support the eu.

Saying as sf were originally against the eu and now appear to have flippity flopped to be their biggest fans I found this most amusing. Any comment fuenarach????

timthumbni wrote: »
    I see fuenarch just posted and then removed immediately a post stating that any true republican would never support the eu.

I never posted that, so stop lying.

Alternatively 'most true Irish nationalists' know exactly what the EU stands for and therefore strongly support it: a bulwark against the re-emergence of British power over the Irish and Ireland. Which of course is precisely why you and your fellow unionists resent it. As long as Ireland remains in the EU your "British Isles" pipedreams cannot be fulfilled again.

I can barely believe you have just posted that. See my previous post. In one second you have changed your stance from being anti eu (a post you removed) to being pro eu. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

it's what the irish ultimately want.

I'd have said the vast majority of people from south of the border are apathetic about Northern politics at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Why are the British isles even being mentioned in this context?

Doesn't matter what political allegiances NI or Scotland have, doesn't matter whose independent or not, we'll all still be part of this group if islands, which "geographically speaking" is the British Isles or (these islands).....

Unfortunately the latter term also pertains to at least five other groups of islands around the world.

And everyone of them are complete losers and cocksuckers to boot....

The irony of a Brexit-loving, EU-hating British unionist like yourself condemning another group for being "complete losers" is entertaining.

• Advertisement

The irony of a Brexit-loving, EU-hating British unionist like yourself condemning another group for being "complete losers" is entertaining.

So let me get this clear. Are you currently pro or anti eu? You change like the wind. Either that or this site is getting mixed signals..

I don't hate the eu btw. I think it's a joke but I don't hate it. The British are just the first to try to bail off the sinking eu ship. Considering your "revote " a few years back I don't expect you lot to be one of the pioneers. You will do what you are told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How did we go from asking about our home grown terrorist organisation to discussing brexit and the EU?

Back on track. The current Irish republicans who want to bomb and murder their way to a so called "united" Ireland can kiss my arse.

Just like the Gerry Adams version they are doomed to fail. The modern version have succeeded in blowing the legs off of a catholic GAA playing policeman. Not much else. Very much like the provies when you think about it.. not bid fans of democracy...

Good luck with that chum. You seem to to always stand up for the travellers as all round decent folk. So I will take your opinion with a pinch of salt to be honest.

Btw we are leaving the eu so their opinion is meaningless. And unlike yourselves we will hopefully have the balls 🏀 to go through with it. No second votes to make sure we get the right answer like certain others.

Ah yes, the tyranny of the majority..... Hold on, 56% of NI voted to stay.....

Ah yes, the tyranny of the majority..... Hold on, 56% of NI voted to stay.....

The vote was a uk wide one. By your argument didn't one of your counties vote against gay marriage???

The vote was a uk wide one. By your argument didn't one of your counties vote against gay marriage???

An electoral constituency actually. They tend not to be recognizable governable entities so your comparison is a bit silly. Conflating a democratic decision with a right decision is fundamentally flawed. If Brexit turns out to be a f*ck up, you wouldn't want to reverse it because 'the majority' has spoken and we must abide by that decision regardless?

The vote was a uk wide one.

Hilarious. Seeing as you're suddenly into UK-wide votes to determine the future of the Six Counties, can we take it that you'd be keen on having a UK-wide vote on whether that last remnant of Britain's Irish colony should remain under British rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-This is turning in to a political thread. Get back on topic please or it will be moved or locked. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭average hero

I detest any and all of those groups. This absolutely includes the groups on the loyalist side including the UDA, UVF, RHC, etc. who are all still very active (particularly in drug distribution and criminality) in their local communities.

Unfortunately, if there ever was a United Ireland, that would mean that those head-the-balls would be in our country.

A United Ireland is probably more likely now than ever. As has been previously stated, the EU wants it, Britain wants rid of Norn Iron (£8 billion noose around it's neck every year) and other interests want it too. Let's just hope that when it comes, it comes smoothly!

With regard to the old republican groups exist, the networks are probably still there but as has been written, they are not on an operational footing. Also a lot of the members will be quite a lot older and will have retired. They would not be encouraging their children into physical force resistance but more into the politics and legal side of things.

• Advertisement

Hilarious. Seeing as you're suddenly into UK-wide votes to determine the future of the Six Counties, can we take it that you'd be keen on having a UK-wide vote on whether that last remnant of Britain's Irish colony should remain under British rule?

No you are hilarious with your sf flip flops re the eu position. Are you sure you support the eu or did you have to google what the current sf position was? Lol.
    NI will remain as part of the uk until the majority wish otherwise. You may not like that but no one up here really gives 2 ****s about your opinion man...

Advertisement