Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW GSA 1200

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

D3V!L wrote: »
    Yes , yes I did :D

I'm getting all the goodies apart from the quick shifter. It's pointless on a bike like this.

Had to google tft screen. Thought it was a windscreen! Loooks cool, nice to have some toys on a new bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yes , yes I did :D

I'm getting all the goodies apart from the quick shifter. It's pointless on a bike like this.

I've the quick shifter on the RS and I wouldn't be without it, type of bike be damned. The noise out of the bike on downshifts is savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Once upon ago I'd have agreed with you.....but I test rode an R1200R with it a while ago and I now think it a must. It eas much better, smoother than I thought.

Makes the bike a semi automatic at times which I reckon is a ++

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

It hasn't been ordered yet with BMW so I can add it on if I change my mind.

It hasn't been ordered yet with BMW so I can add it on if I change my mind.

Do it. It'd be a crying shame to have the fully tricked triple black without that. One f those features you don't miss until you've tried it.

I think it can be retrofitted but probably more money to do that. Or get a test ride with it, I think it's standard on the RS so that'd give you an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

2 friends have the quick shifter on their bikes and they love it.
    I'd imagine not having all the boxes ticked would hit the resale, a lad or lass would pick a bike with the quick shifter before one without.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭blade1

markad1 wrote: »
    2 friends have the quick shifter on their bikes and they love it.
    I'd imagine not having all the boxes ticked would hit the resale, a lad or lass would pick a bike with the quick shifter before one without.

Not really.
    Not having a quickshifter will not put someone off if the bike is in good nick.
    Bikes will sell themselves if they are clean and worth the money.
    Quick shifter would be a nice bonus but most would remove before selling their bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

blade1 wrote: »
    Not really.
    Not having a quickshifter will not put someone off if the bike is in good nick.
    Bikes will sell themselves if they are clean and worth the money.
    Quick shifter would be a nice bonus but most would remove before selling their bike.

Not quite: if I was buying, not having the QS would make me look for another. There'll be 'clean' QS equipped bike out there somewhere too, and it's all about making your bike more saleable than anything else at the time.

But the key thing really is it needs to be useful. I think it is.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Not quite: if I was buying, not having the QS would make me look for another. There'll be 'clean' QS equipped bike out there somewhere too, and it's all about making your bike more saleable than anything else at the time.

But the key thing really is it needs to be useful. I think it is.
    If I wanted a quick shifter I could add it later.
    No way would a bike I wanted not having one put me off buying it.
    First and foremost the bikes condition would be my main concern.
    Then if the bike is worth the money without add ons, I'll buy it.
    Great if it has all the bells and whistles but no deal breaker for me if it doesn't.

Imagine if stewy bought a bike and it had every extra available already on it.
    What would he do then?
    He'd go off his head is what he'd do!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

On the online bike configuration thing, the triple black comes with the quick shifter. Its called Gearshift assist pro.

Although the motorrad ireland one links off to the uk site.

Whatever about adding a quick shifter afterwards, a factory installed one is bound to be better.

• Advertisement

colm_c wrote: »
    On the online bike configuration thing, the triple black comes with the quick shifter. Its called Gearshift assist pro.

Whatever about adding a quick shifter afterwards, a factory installed one is bound to be better.

I wouldn't agree.
    If we are talking best, I'd personally go for Bazzaz.

colm_c wrote: »

It looks like the UK configurator is a bit messed up at the moment.

Joe Duffy seems to order in some weird spec for all their bikes unless it's a special order, I wouldn't go off the defaults on the UK configurator.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Joe Duffy seems to order in some weird spec for all their bikes unless it's a special order, I wouldn't go off the defaults on the UK configurator.

They're usually all "TE" spec. Which is basically all the bells and whistles. They can get you a basic spec bike if you want but the majority of buyers want a fully loaded GSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

They're usually all "TE" spec. Which is basically all the bells and whistles. They can get you a basic spec bike if you want but the majority of buyers want a fully loaded GSA.

Same in the states, my dealer only had fully loaded GSA's on the showroom floor and it was too late to order the exact spec I wanted because BMW was tooling up for the GSW's

Guess I was the oddball that wanted a stripped down version, last thing I need is another computer between me and the road trying to decide what's best for me.

My dealer was great though, found my bike in California and had it shipped in

Advertisement