Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW GSA 1200

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Synthol wrote: »

Comfort, fuel economy, stability? Sounds like the features of a car to me.

Sounds like you're talking nonsense tbh.

No one buys on performance alone : if they did there'd be nothing on the road bar R1/Fireblade etc Patently this is not the case.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

galwaytt wrote: »
    Sounds like you're talking nonsense tbh.

No one buys on performance alone : if they did there'd be nothing on the road bar R1/Fireblade etc Patently this is not the case.

We'd all be on s1000rr. A bmw! It's a vicious circle Synthol

BTW, needy111, if you need any info on a GS, head over to http://www.ukgser.com/forums/

Loads of info there, really useful site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Comfort, fuel economy, stability? Sounds like the features of a car to me.

You need Comfort, fuel economy, stability for mile muncher bikes.

If you ever go touring you'll see then that these things are important.

A week covering 2500 KM's on an SV650S though me that lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Says the man who regularly overpays the dealer for their services because anything else is not good enough.

Naw, it's because I'm lazy and my time is worth money. Plus the last thing the dealer did for me cost me €0. Fork seal, done under goodwill because they shouldn't go so early. Try getting that out of some amateur in a lockup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cienciano wrote: »
    We'd all be on s1000rr. A bmw! It's a vicious circle Synthol
    Feck your BMW I'd have a Tuono outside. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

grahambo wrote: »
    You need Comfort, fuel economy, stability for mile muncher bikes.

If you ever go touring you'll see then that these things are important.

A week covering 2500 KM's on an SV650S though me that lesson

So that's why you have an s1000rr? (which I would destroy) for comfort?
    You literally bought a bike with one of the most aggressive riding positions and you are here talking about how you need a comfortable bike. Man you are hypocritical af.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Naw, it's because I'm lazy and my time is worth money. Plus the last thing the dealer did for me cost me €0. Fork seal, done under goodwill because they shouldn't go so early. Try getting that out of some amateur in a lockup.

You didn't pay €0. The other times you paid thousands covered that. I've seen your videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

You didn't pay €0. The other times you paid thousands covered that. I've seen your videos.

Some day you must show me these receipts for thousands.

So that's why you have an s1000rr? (which I would destroy) for comfort?
    You literally bought a bike with one of the most aggressive riding positions and you are here talking about how you need a comfortable bike. Man you are hypocritical af.

I don't do touring on my bike, I have a 10 min drive to work and a spin on the weekend.
    And btw the riding position is not as aggressive as say the zx10r, R1, Fireblade etc.

How would you destroy my bike? I'm interested to hear. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Some day you must show me these receipts for thousands.

I have a receipt for thousands for my BMW - the receipt from the day I bought it. That was the ONLY one. :rolleyes:

But, I'm sure his turbo super busa cost nothing ... I doubt they need hard cash for an imaginary bike. :D

Paulw wrote: »
    I have a receipt for thousands for my BMW - the receipt from the day I bought it. That was the ONLY one. :rolleyes:

But, I'm sure his turbo super busa cost nothing ... I doubt they need hard cash for an imaginary bike. :D

Oh it's a Turbo Busa

In fairness they are pretty decent in a straight line.
    Probably cost way more all in than my S1000RR.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Synthol almost all your posts are getting reported. Knock it of or find yourself banned. Last Warning.

Zascar wrote: »
    Synthol almost all your posts are getting reported. Knock it of or find yourself banned. Last Warning.

You disagree with someone = reported. So if someone reports you, then it doesn't matter what you actually write as long at its reported. No question asked.

grahambo wrote: »
    I don't do touring on my bike, I have a 10 min drive to work and a spin on the weekend.
    And btw the riding position is not as aggressive as say the zx10r, R1, Fireblade etc.

How would you destroy my bike? I'm interested to hear. :)

Drive? So you're a weekend rider?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Point of order: driving includes riding according to the 1961 Road Traffic Act.
    Law wrote:
    “driving” includes managing and controlling and, in relation to a bicycle or tricycle, riding, and “driver” and other cognate words shall be construed accordingly;

This is how it's possible to get a careless driving conviction for executing a punishment overtake on your main mode of transport:

64087_1760647.jpg

Nope, 5700km's on the clock already and only 6 months old!
    Lumen wrote: »
    Point of order: driving includes riding according to the 1961 Road Traffic Act.

Boom!

You strike me as fairly angry/aggressive person Synthol, In fact you PM'd me there a while back stating that I should think I should go to Prison for eating meat.

I think you need to calm down, and I mean REALLY clam down.

If you want to disagree, then disagree but lose the aggression me thinks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Jesus Christ Allmighty,yet another thread ruined by aggressive posting and of mocking nature.

This really is getting out of hand now.

Can we stick to helping out the OP please.

OP....please do continue to post and let us know how you get on.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭secman

A friend of mine bought a bmw 1200 bike for his 50th , got it in the uk, still has uk plates on it, it's been garaged since he bought it, he's 61 in just over a week..... bike only has 700 miles on the clock. Keep telling him he's mad and should offload it, can't see him ever getting on it. Beauty of a bike, immaculate. Don't even know if he turns engine over of late as battery is long dead 😎

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Synthol as already mentioned your aggressive nature has been noted a number of times by several different posters across several different threads. It's not how we operate around here so either cut it out or find another forum.

Back on topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They can be easily fit. Oxford do some great touring ones. Add those and handguards and all should be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

duskyjoe wrote: »
    Yes but they don't come with heated grips which is a must.
    €60. would buy a set of heated grips. Surely the lack of heated grips is not a valid reason not to buy a particular motorcycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

GBX wrote: »
    They can be easily fit. Oxford do some great touring ones. Add those and handguards and all should be fine.

Sorry I deleted my post as I asked previously. I'm in the same boat as the OP. Early 50's riding a GS for the last 4 years ......weekend rider Or mid week rider when work permits as I can't bring my suitcase to work on the bike. I'm serious considering a super tenere .....I like a tall bike and the tenere fits a lot boxes for me. The GS has been a fantastic bike albeit 10years old but boredom has necessitated a change. Great thread

Riva10 wrote: »
    €60. would buy a set of heated grips. Surely the lack of heated grips is not a valid reason not to buy a particular motorcycle.
    Riva totally agree.....just I like tight gloves and heated ones seem clumsy? I ride all year round and so rely on the heated grips. If I can be convinced I think a tenere will be next. Great engine and great reviews.

Riva totally agree.....just I like tight gloves and heated ones seem clumsy? I ride all year round and so rely on the heated grips. If I can be convinced I think a tenere will be next. Great engine and great reviews.

On my second Tenere. First one had 70k klms after 4 years. Bought a replacement in 2015 (Oct) Just passed 25k. last Sunday, Both totally reliable nothing but consumables since day one. :D:D

Riva10 wrote: »
    On my second Tenere. First one had 70k klms after 4 years. Bought a replacement in 2015 (Oct) Just passed 25k. last Sunday, Both totally reliable nothing but consumables since day one. :D:D

You have me thinking Tenere.....someone mentioned corrosion issues? How's yours? Very serious and competent bike imo

Sorry I deleted my post as I asked previously. I'm in the same boat as the OP. Early 50's riding a GS for the last 4 years ......weekend rider Or mid week rider when work permits as I can't bring my suitcase to work on the bike. I'm serious considering a super tenere .....I like a tall bike and the tenere fits a lot boxes for me. The GS has been a fantastic bike albeit 10years old but boredom has necessitated a change. Great thread

One of the reasons I changed, had a 1150gs for about 2-3 years and a 1200gsa for about 6 or 7. You need a change to mix it up a bit.

You have me thinking Tenere.....someone mentioned corrosion issues? How's yours? Very serious and competent bike imo
    No corrosion on the bike. Slight discolouration on the spokes but definitely
    not corrosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm getting my second GSA come January. I had one and sold it and bought a Harley. Big mistake !!, the GSA is the best allrounder I've ever ridden.

You don't even notice the size once it starts moving and you can spend 10 - 12 hours on the saddle without tiring.

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm getting my second GSA come January. I had one and sold it and bought a Harley. Big mistake !!, the GSA is the best allrounder I've ever ridden.

You don't even notice the size once it starts moving and you can spend 10 - 12 hours on the saddle without tiring.

Your rear end must be cast in iron if u can last 12 hours......2 hours and I need a stretch .....praytell as they say, did u purchase a newish gsa ?

Advertisement