Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jarring The Bastards

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

You're looking at the wrong way ya big eejit!
    Of course you'll get it back, that's the point

No the point is, I'll get a whole lot more (or the poor box will), if you act the dick in any bar I work in.
    Sure have the craic, but remember it's you that has come to the bar looking for a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Divelment

Fair enough

But if you don't ask, you don't get.

I have twenty years experience getting as many euros as I can from people, how many have you?

That's the definition of a mean cuunt. I don't want to have years of experience throwing it off my wrist as to how many times I fuucked someone over for a free pint at last orders or screwed someone for a taxi home 'cos I was in the back seat and they paid the fare, because I'm generous by nature. I don't freeload off others, I don't go out with your attitiude, because I'm not a mean scabby cuunt, I'm the total opposite.

You don't know it yet but women will pick up on this kinda carry on and judge you, nothing turns a woman off a man more than being a cheap cuunt who starts his night off by thinking of who he can screw for a free drink, smoke, taxi ride home, so if you think that your general way of going on with regard to your clearly dysfunctional relationship with money, is just discussed on this thread, then I think you are sorely mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Oh, you're one of those insufferable men who can't buy anything without resting an elbow on something and saying "what's your best price" in your initial enquiry.

I love those guys.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh, you're one of those insufferable men who can't buy anything without resting an elbow on something and saying "what's your best price" in your initial enquiry.

I have a mate like this. Good guy, but extraordinarily tight with money. I remember we were in a pub once and he was charged 50 cent for a mi wadi and he went mental. Kept on and on about it loudly for about ten minutes as if it was going to change anything.

There's loads of other examples but I'll leave it there for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I love those guys.

Nothing wrong with asking if that's the best they'll do.
    If it is, fair enough, The insufferable ones are the ones that don't say fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Necrominus wrote: »
    I have a mate like this. Good guy, but extraordinarily tight with money. I remember we were in a pub once and he was charged 50 cent for a mi wadi and he went mental. Kept on and on about it loudly for about ten minutes as if it was going to change anything.

Yeah being that tight is annoying, but I think the OP here just likes to be heard and awkward. Now sure which is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Divelment

Necrominus wrote: »

I had a mate the same, the trouble with mean mean cuunts is that they are the last to see that they are mean and have a dysfunctional relationship with money. You can see it here with the OP, he's clearly a mean mean hungry cuunt arguing with a barman over 15 cent, yet here he is tonight bragging about it. You can't shame a mean cuunt...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Nothing wrong with asking if that's the best they'll do. If it is, fair enough, The insufferable ones are the ones that don't say fair enough

It's bull**** posturing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

What an utterly tragic and cringey thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nothing wrong with asking if that's the best they'll do.
    If it is, fair enough, The insufferable ones are the ones that don't say fair enough

This thread would indicate otherwise :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Prices are posted at the door, aren't they? If its too expensive, try a glass of water. Maybe splash out for a ribena.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That's not the way you do it.

You say, I suppose you need two fivers down this way or some such. They are put on the spot and say no a fiver is grand, you give them six Euro, everybody is happy

Did you learn haggling from The Life of Brian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Have you never been jarred?
    Given out to?

Ive heard it, and use the word now and again. Also means drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Where the fcuk in Donegal do you pay €5.20 a pint, so I can avoid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's not the way you do it.

You say, I suppose you need two fivers down this way or some such. They are put on the spot and say no a fiver is grand, you give them six Euro, everybody is happy

I'm fúcking baffled.

You're too tight to pay 5.20 so you haggle it down to 6?:confused::confused:

Aren't you the same guy who claims to have walked out on a years salary bonus that was due the following day for some idiot reason or other??

I'm really starting to think you're just some walter mitty type living with their mammy, somewhere in the arsehole of bogsville.

One thing is certain - you talk some amount of shíte!

Advertisement