Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jarring The Bastards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

You pay the 6 euro the first time then use the other 4 lots of 20 cents to pay for the other ones? Sure you're only losing one euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Me, five minutes ago:

Jarring? What the fck is jarring? Pretty active thread though - that's a lot of replies in a short time. Doesn't seem to be about giving out about refugees, muslims, travellers women or the dole - it might actually be about something interesting. Sure, I'll have a luck.

Now: Oh, it's the doggerel of a drunk lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You pay the 6 euro the first time then use the other 4 lots of 20 cents to pay for the other ones? Sure you're only losing one euro.

Na, fiver every time! Jarring is not about making a cnut out of someone, it's a bit of craic, bar gets what they're owed, barperson gets a tip, drinker gets to haggle.

Are you in Morocco buying rugs by any chance.

Arghus wrote: »
    Me, five minutes ago:

Jarring? What the fck is jarring? Pretty active thread though - that's a lot of replies in a short time. Doesn't seem to be about giving out about refugees, muslims, travellers women or the dole - it might actually be about something interesting. Sure, I'll have a luck.

Now: Oh, it's the doggerel of a drunk lad.

Are you not from Donegal? Everybody from Donegal has been jarred or jarred someone at least a hundred times in their life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Are you not from Donegal? Everybody from Donegal has been jarred or jarred someone at least a hundred times in their life

Sounds hellish.

Are you in Morocco buying rugs by any chance.

Moroccans would be bankrupt in a week in Donegal

Moroccans would be bankrupt in a week in Donegal

Those guys would sell you your own eyes for more then they're worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You should have went to the Gaeltacht as a nipper my nordie pal

Tá An Fear Cúlánta ag gearáin,

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

No. Regular everyday life sounds brutal and unforgiving up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Why am I reading this ****? :confused:

o1s1n wrote: »

You're learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

o1s1n wrote: »

Erm... ah... No, I got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lot of angry folk about tonight. Gunna jar the **** out of everyone from now on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭mezzz

Bad crowd tonight!

it's monday night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭mezzz

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Lot of angry folk about tonight. Gunna jar the **** out of everyone from now on.

hiya jesus whats up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

mezzz wrote: »
    it's monday night

Jaysus, people are confused enough :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I went to Donegal once.

Strange folk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I've served many customers like yourself over the years, as has every barman in the job long enough, in my old bar the Hospice box used to be keep topped by customers like yourself.

If I'm severing you and you hand me the €5 note without the 20c, so be it. You may have another €5 note for the next pint, maybe even another, but soon you are going to have to hand me a tenner or maybe even a fifty, then I've got you, cause all of the 20c are coming out of it and if you are any way cheeky about it, your whole change is going in the "Poor Box" that sits on the counter.

Many a man has though about trying to get their change back out of the poor box, but you'll have to go through the locals that sit at the counter infront of it and no man has ever even tried.

Senna wrote: »
    I've served many customers like yourself over the years, as has every barman in the job long enough, in my old bar the Hospice box used to be keep topped by customers like yourself.

If I'm severing you and you hand me the €5 note without the 20c, so be it. You may have another €5 note for the next pint, maybe even another, but soon you are going to have to hand me a tenner or maybe even a fifty, then I've got you, cause all of the 20c are coming out of it and if you are any way cheeky about it, your whole change is going in the "Poor Box" that sits on the counter.

Many a man has though about trying to get their change back out of the poor box, but you'll have to go through the locals that sit at the counter infront of it and no man has ever even tried.
    You're looking at the wrong way ya big eejit!
    Of course you'll get it back, that's the point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Why would you not question the price of anything you buy? It's your money like

you know the price before you commit to the transaction, there's a difference between that and then holding the remainder of payment to ransom because you have some bizarre entitlement to think you don't need to pay the asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Divelment

In fairness though, I noticed recently that all of a sudden, almost overnight, the price of a pint has gone from a handy fiver, to five and 15 cent or 20 cent. And that this is somehow without any organisation at all which is illegal, been applied across all pubs within the same town or city, overnight.

How come this kind of backward parish pump gombeen protectionist "cute huer" carry on just doesn't happen in other countries? In other countries they have deals and they compete, they have special offers, they have happy hours, they openly trade for your custom. But no, back in this backwater shythole kip, the smart money is always on a side council where traders conspire to raise prices collectively overnight...

you know the price before you commit to the transaction, there's a difference between that and then holding the remainder of payment to ransom because you have some bizarre entitlement to think you don't need to pay the asking price.

Na, I know the price you're selling at, you don't know the price I'm willing to pay. People think we're cuts for looking at a transaction this way. All I'm saying is never take a price as a price, but don't act the cnut if that is the price.

That's jarring 101

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 I love Drinking

Do you do the same when buying grocerys? A box of fags? Petrol?

Na, I know the price you're selling at, you don't know the price I'm willing to pay. People think we're cuts for looking at a transaction this way. All I'm saying is never take a price as a price, but don't act the cnut if that is the price.

That's jarring 101

Only a mean hungry cuunt would carry on like this, sorry. You can't shame a mean cuunt and you sound like the worst kind of degenerate Cavan mean cuunt basturd who can't be shamed into paying the proper and full price for what he asked for or ordered.

The time for haggling is before you order the goods, not after delivery. Haggle pre-order and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Divelment wrote: »
    In fairness though, I noticed recently that all of a sudden, almost overnight, the price of a pint has gone from a handy fiver, to five and 15 cent or 20 cent. And that this is somehow without any organisation at all which is illegal, been applied across all pubs within the same town or city, overnight.

How come this kind of backward parish pump gombeen protectionist "cute huer" carry on just doesn't happen in other countries? In other countries they have deals and they compete, they have special offers, they have happy hours, they openly trade for your custom. But no, back in this backwater shythole kip, the smart money is always on a side council where traders conspire to raise prices collectively overnight...

Hate to tell you, but when a supplier or tax goes up, the price goes up EVERYWHERE. I know it's hard to believe, but that how sales work and....... You may need to sit down for this one..... it actually happens in other countries too.

Divelment wrote: »
    Only a mean hungry cuunt would carry on like this, sorry. You can't shame a mean cuunt and you sound like the worst kind of degenerate Cavan mean cuunt basturd who can't be shamed into paying the proper and full price for what he asked for or ordered.

The time for haggling is before you order the goods, not after delivery. Haggle pre-order and see how you get on.
    Fair enough

But if you don't ask, you don't get.

I have twenty years experience getting as many euros as I can from people, how many have you?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

This thread reminds me of that song "I dont want no scrubs" by TLC, where they invented a word, defined it and then used it in a sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Thought this was going to be about jarsquat.

• Advertisement

Hate to tell you, but when a supplier or tax goes up, the price goes up EVERYWHERE. I know it's hard to believe, but that how sales work and....... You may need to sit down for this one..... it actually happens in other countries too.

I run a business so I know how taxes work but I am not aware of any tax increases with a budget a few months away, and as you know, the on trade market has diversified a lot in recent years with craft beers replacing the Heineken and Bud and the Guinness of the world so maybe you can explain how it is possible in a market that is so divergent in terms of supply lines, where there have been no budgetary changes that have effected tax rates, that all of a sudden all across Ireland overnight, the price of a pint of lager has gone from 5 Euro to 5.15 or 5.20 overnight?

Advertisement