Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭wobatkicker23

So you know all about the serious complications of so called "childhood diseases" and still don't think vaccination is a good idea?

It seems to be true that anti-vaxxers think a dead child is better than an immunised child

I think given the choice, most people would choose a child without Autism.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I have all the knowledge and textbooks that are available to the doctor on the subject.
    I hate to break it to you, but you don't. I would be interested as to what medical textbooks you were reading?
    How many times have you heard of a GP saying to cut down on fats when they are meant to be knowledgeable in terms of nutrition?

Never. Mine always told me they are an essential as part of a balanced diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

What's vaccines got to do with that (:D). You are, of course, familiar with the recent study in Denmark, right? As someone with all the knowledge the doctor's have.

I mean, really. Is this the best the anti-vaxxers that lurk here (all 3 or 4 of you) can come up with?

mzungu wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you, but you don't. I would be interested as to what medical textbooks you were reading?

I didn’t ask about your GP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

No difference between rates of autism in areas with both high and low vaccine uptake rates.

Vaccines do not cause autism.

Igotadose wrote: »
    What's vaccines got to do with that (:D). You are, of course, familiar with the recent study in Denmark, right? As someone with all the knowledge the doctor's have.

I mean, really. Is this the best the anti-vaxxers that lurk here (all 3 or 4 of you) can come up with?

You are aware that the study carried out in Denmark was funded by the NWO controlled parliament?

No difference between rates of autism in areas with both high and low vaccine uptake rates.

Vaccines do not cause autism.

Correlation does not imply causation and thergo the inverse is true.

You are aware that the study carried out in Denmark was funded by the NWO controlled parliament?

oh dear

I didn’t ask about your GP.

Most GPs would tell you they are an essential part of a balanced diet.

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysus.

I don’t have access to all the knowledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

So you are saying you would prefer your son dead instead of being immunised!

But there is no credible evidence linking autism to vaccines, it would be just as easy to show a link between autism and the number of cars on the road...are you walking everywhere?

Perhaps it is organic food?

1WZ6h.png

Perhaps it is mobile phones?

Autism-and-Cell-Phone-Trends.jpg

Given that mobile phones operate using radio frequencies have you taken the precaution of removing all sources of WiFi etc?

Correlation does not imply causation and thergo the inverse is true.

This was not one study, this has been replicated numerous times. There are no differences between places with high and low uptake rates.

Although, there has been an increase in measles outbreaks in areas with low vaccination rates. You should really be worried about those, shouldn't you?

Given that mobile phones operate using radio frequencies have you taken the precaution of removing all sources of WiFi etc?

I have taken this precaution actually.

This was not one study, this has been replicated numerous times. There are no differences between places with high and low uptake rates.

Although, there has been a increase in measles outbreaks in areas with low vaccination rates. You should really be worried about those, shouldn't you?

Pointless arguing with the anti-vaxx zealots, no matter how much evidence you put forward (and there is a LOT), they will not believe you, because it would force them to confront the fact they are wrong, and they are unable to accept this. Thpough given the last post on wifi I'm starting to suspect a troll at work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Get in a boat and row off the side of your flat earth you moron!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

:eek::eek::eek:I had no idea! That explains it. Did they control the parliament in 2002 when they did the study previously?

Is that why tinfoil hats are illegal in Denmark?

francois wrote: »
    Pointless arguing with the anti-vaxx zealots, no matter how much evidence you put forward (and there is a LOT), they will not believe you, because it would force them to confront the fact they are wrong, and they are unable to accept this.

Yes, they need to be deported to a remote island along with the flat-earthers, preferably somewhere in the southern hemisphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Your children should be taken from you and given to a responsible family. The top priority should be the care of your child, not growing your ego at your childs expense.

It's really sad that anybody can have this much power over a human life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Cite evidence that vaccines cause autism please.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

*crickets & tumbleweed*

The burden of proof is on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The burden of proof is on you.
    You're claiming that autism is caused by vaccines... So you are required to offer proof.

batgoat wrote: »
    You're claiming that autism is caused by vaccines... So you are required to offer proof.

I am saying that there are question marks. They haven’t been proved safe.

In healthcare the burden of proof lies with the side who are saying it’s safe.

I am married to a GP and while he privately supports our stance, he would be crucified if it was publicly known he was against vaccines. A number of his colleagues feel the same way.

And they are proven safe through clinical trials, not social media comments by conspiracy theorists

I am married to a GP and while he privately supports our stance, he would be crucified if it was publicly known he was against vaccines. A number of his colleagues feel the same way.

If he truly believes vaccines are unsafe and of course can prove it, he would be ethically bound to publish the information, as would his colleagues.
    Otherwise it's hearsay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

They are proven to be safe. You are not providing that they are unsafe and frankly your view of people with autism is abominable.

batgoat wrote: »
    They are proven to be safe. You are not providing that they are unsafe and frankly your view of people with autism is abominable.

My view of people with autism? What are you talking about?

• Advertisement

My view of people with autism? What are you talking about?

I suspect the fact that you would prefer your son to die from measles than risk him becoming autistic.

Ask your husband how many children become brain damaged from measles etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement