Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

judeboy101 wrote: »
    It wasn't politicians that rushed an u texted vaccine nor was it politicians who injected, studied and collected data on immunised kids in mother&baby homes. Science is amazing but it's not all sunshine and lollipops.

It certainly wasn't scientists that rushed that vaccine. It all came down to money. The state could have opted to purchase a more expensive, safer vaccine but instead took a chance on the cheaper vaccine. This should never have happened but it was all down to politics and money.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Well from an purely environmental point of view vaccines have been a disaster. Disease was and is a natural population control, especially in a species like us who live communally. The dramatic increase in population in the last 100 years is in no small part a fault of the easy availability of vaccines to poor people and underdeveloped countries.

I was going to make an effort with your posts. Then I saw this.

What the actual ****. Are you suggesting limiting access to vaccines to those who can’t afford it in order to control the worlds population?

Not to mention other factors that can impact population: less war, better access to clean water, better access to food, advances in medicine that keeps older people people alive for longer... lots of the increase in population is to do with increasing life span. Birth rates have largely decreased due to access to contraception... technological advances in making it easier to travel to places to access medical treatment, better access to resources and transport links. Better education. Lower smoking rates.... I could continue.

But yes... let’s blame it all on vaccines. **** me. What an idiotic post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,339 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

sullivlo wrote: »

What the actual ****. Are you suggesting limiting access to vaccines to those who can’t afford it in order to control the worlds population?

Not to mention other factors that can impact population: less war, better access to clean water, better access to food, advances in medicine that keeps older people people alive for longer... lots of the increase in population is to do with increasing life span. Birth rates have largely decreased due to access to contraception... technological advances in making it easier to travel to places to access medical treatment, better access to resources and transport links. Better education. Lower smoking rates.... I could continue.

But yes... let’s blame it all on vaccines. **** me. What an idiotic post.

Pretty interesting someone on about Nazis has issues with population going up among poor people. Loony.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

By that same logic, fat ppl, smokers, drinkers, gamblers etc....should pay for any treatment related to their choice of vice. That's kinda scary. What's next, blue eyed people smothered at birth because they are more likely to need glasses?

Smokers actually more than pay for their inevitable treatment due to the high taxes on cigarettes in Ireland.

Your posts go closer and closer to ethnic cleansing the longer you are left talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Forced? Maybe while we are at it, let's force little girls to undergo fgm or force news to wear stars. I mean that's what's "best" according to any given society.

You have to be a troll ????

Every single argument is a diversion or an attempt to get a response.

Now you are tryign to equate vaccination with FGM ?

either way you have no interest in rational debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Smokers actually more than pay for their inevitable treatment due to the high taxes on cigarettes in Ireland.

Your posts go closer and closer to ethnic cleansing the longer you are left talking.

I didn't think it was possible on this subject, but the thread got Godwin'd

"Vaccine-Nazis", incredible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    It wasn't politicians that rushed an u texted vaccine nor was it politicians who injected, studied and collected data on immunised kids in mother&baby homes. Science is amazing but it's not all sunshine and lollipops.

It certainly wasn't scientists that rushed that vaccine. It all came down to money. The state could have opted to purchase a more expensive, safer vaccine but instead took a chance on the cheaper vaccine. This should never have happened but it was all down to politics and money.
    Of course it wasn't scientists. Scientist are never bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Science is a method. Not a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Have you anything of value to contribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

batgoat wrote: »

Negative value is, mathematically speaking, still a value.

• Advertisement

I dunno. I’m certainly valuing the lols I’m getting when s/he posts. Vaccinazi.

He generally doesn’t, but in this instance at least every time he posts he bumps the thread to the front page, a casual reader will be either informed or reminded of the lack of substance or rationality to any arguements against effectively preventing diseases in populations?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was in pretty much the same frame of mind, then the belief in a Malthusian population cycle reared its head ;)

And I almost spit coffee all over my laptop!

banie01 wrote: »
    I was in pretty much the same frame of mind, then the belief in a Malthusian population cycle reared its head ;)

And I almost spit coffee all over my laptop!
    Internet humour controls rampant laptop populations.

endacl wrote: »
    Internet humour controls rampant laptop populations.

Ba dum-tish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The thing is: I wouldn't give a cr*p what anti-vaxxers do to themselves. Darwinism in motion.

However these people endanger the rest of the population. That's the problem with these morons - and let's call a spade a spade here - they are morons. 100% of them There is not a single anti-vaxxer out there who is not a dangerous moron.

Smokers, drinkers, drug abusers, whatever, they are a danger to themselves mostly. But these morons choose to endanger those around them out of an ill-informed desire to be a talking-point. That's the only reason. I can understand conspiracy theorists - I tend not to agree with them - but I can understand them. But I put AV morons in the same group as flat earthers, young earthers and chem-trail conspiracy theorists..... except they are dangerous.

For Christ sake, POLIO IS ON THE RISE because of these idiots. Polio!!!!!!! It's 2018!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Science is a method. Not a person.
    Someone read chapter 1 of their LC biology book. I think you'll find that the scientific method isn't all its cracked up to be and is in fact a form of scientific fascism.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Someone read chapter 1 of their LC biology book. I think you'll find that the scientific method isn't all its cracked up to be and is in fact a form of scientific fascism.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ahhhhhhhh..... Ah you overplayed your hand. Scientific fascism... In fairness, that was some excellent trolling up to now. Fair play :)

Let's all play a fun new drinking game, where we all sip when a right-wing anti-vax randomer makes nonsensical comparisons with "Nazis" and "fascism".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

Forced? Maybe while we are at it, let's force little girls to undergo fgm or force news to wear stars. I mean that's what's "best" according to any given society.

What about other life saving medical procedures. Do you think parents should be able to opt out of getting their children treated when they are sick or should they be forced to act in the benefit of the child?

You talk about the constitutional right to bodily autonomy but often a childs bodily autonomy is usurped by what the parents believe are best. And that can then be overridden by the courts when they believe the parents are not acting in the best interest of the child.

Jaysus. He sees nazis everywhere...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

I think his argument will be on the following lines:

Science is an effort to determine what's empirically verifiable;
    Reality has a well-known liberal bias;
    Liberalism causes Nazis.

"QED."

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Just her

Often people who question vaccines are those who have had children or someone close to them adversely affected by a vaccine (sometimes accepted by the medical community and sometimes not) Personally I find it difficult to deny or reject a parents opinion if they say that their child was adversely affected by a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,407 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Suprised you knew it would be in a LC Biology book

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just her wrote: »
    Often people who question vaccines are those who have had children or someone close to them adversely affected by a vaccine (sometimes accepted by the medical community and sometimes not) Personally I find it difficult to deny or reject a parents opinion if they say that their child was adversely affected by a vaccine.

opinion does not trump facts

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

Parents opinion is just that, their opinion. It does not trump science.

I have a brother who was adversely affected by the swine flu vaccination (Accepted by the medical community). However, my views on vaccination have not changed. I can say the same for my parents. We are very much pro-vaccine. If it is mentioned in conversation though that my brother developed narcolepsy as a result of the swine flu vaccination, a lot of people will become very defensive of vaccinations. They don't want to accept that there could ever be any problems with a vaccine. Its almost as if they see me as anti-vax, which couldn't be further from the truth. Then there are those that ramble on about vaccines and autism etc and they can't understand how I am pro-vaccine after what happened to my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

I am iffy about gardasil but both my children had their childhood jabs. My son has autism but I don't think for one second that jabs caused it. It's just as babies get older it becomes more obvious if they are developmentally different and people like to have someone to blame naturally enough so it must be big pharma or something mammy did/ate/said/thought rather than genetics.

• Advertisement

Jaysus. He sees nazis everywhere...

:(

So many Nazi's that I thought his name was actually Jewdboy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement