Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

What would these people do without the word "alleged"?

Covid-19 is alleged to suppress oxygen intake and 5g is also alleged to suppress oxygen intake. this is where the connection comes from.

Only in the most gullible of minds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Covid-19 is alleged to suppress oxygen intake and 5g is also alleged to suppress oxygen intake. this is where the connection comes from.

It's this sort of mealy mouthed nonsense that make people see anti-vaxxers as they really are. You say alleged without a single source or even some specifics on the mechanism by which 5G would inhibit Oxygen intake. I get the Conspiracy Illuminati BS, I just can't abide the laziness.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bill Gates has a financial interest in Vaccines too but nobody ever questions that.

His foundation has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to fund vaccination programmes. :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I think if you look at Clarences previous posts you'll understand where they're coming from, lets just say that the conspiracy forum is a regular haunt.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,202 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its very hard to educate pork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

5g is also alleged to suppress oxygen intake

Alleged by who? Any reputable scientists or journals or by conspiracy nuts with qualifications in woo.

No, the term "alleged" is used as a cop-out.

It's been alleged that anti-vaxxers are the result of inbreeding.

Nononono. I NEVER said they were the result of inbreeding. I said it was alleged!!!!!

So they can say what they want without needing to back it up. Everything that has been debunked is classified as "alleged":

Allegedly the Americans released Covid-19
    Allegedly the Chinese released Covid-19
    Allegedly the North Koreans released Covid-19
    Allegedly it's spread by jet chem trails
    Allegedly it's spread by mobile phone towers
    Allegedly it's alien in origin
    Allegedly all of the above

So, basically when dealing with these people, "alleged" = debunked and can simply be ignored. They just use it when they want to make something up or say something that they cannot substantiate.

I was trying to find that clip from Ali G where he was explaining to someone that he can say whatever he likes as long as he precedes it with "No offence" but can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I wonder how many anti vaxxers will refuse a Covid vaccine when it arrives :) Particularly the vulnerable.

Their beliefs will be fairly tested then I'd say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

5G would only suppress your oxygen intake if you somehow a managed to inhale Samsung’s latest phone and got it lodged in your wind pipe.

People need to stop repeating these utter b/s claims or we are going to end up in the dark ages with idiots damaging key infrastructure.

Ireland already has low population density areas that are extremely dependent on wireless communication. Attacking mobile or other communication towers is attacking those communities and undermining their long term viability. You might as well be cutting off their electricity or digging up the road.

As for anti vaccine campaigners. All a vaccine does is educate your immune system. You’re giving your own, evolved, entirely natural defence systems the data they need to fight a virus or a bacteria they would otherwise be surprised by.

As medicine goes, it is quite literally the most natural approach you could possibly use - your own immune system figuring a bug.

Stupidity and conspiracy theories like this will end up doing us as much or more damage than the current pandemic if they cause outbreaks of deadly, but forgotten about, diseases that has been consigned to history books in the 20th century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

What would these people do without the word "alleged"?

Maybe use 'apparently' ? Could work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

509675.jpg

Maybe use 'apparently' ? Could work.

Mmmm.... MAYBE..... alleged sounds more "scientificy" though. You know, their experts would approve of alleged.

6 wrote: »
    I wonder how many anti vaxxers will refuse a Covid vaccine when it arrives :) Particularly the vulnerable.

Their beliefs will be fairly tested then I'd say...

A brief look at the CT forum thread on covid would indicate none will and they won't allow their kids get it either, so no surprise there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Xertz wrote: »
    5G would only suppress your oxygen intake if you somehow a managed to inhale Samsung’s latest phone and got it lodged in your wind pipe.

People need to stop repeating these utter b/s claims or we are going to end up in the dark ages with idiots damaging key infrastructure.

Ireland already has low population density areas that are extremely dependent on wireless communication. Attacking mobile or other communication towers is attacking those communities and undermining their long term viability. You might as well be cutting off their electricity or digging up the road.

As for anti vaccine campaigners. All a vaccine does is educate your immune system. You’re giving your own, evolved, entirely natural defence systems the data they need to fight a virus or a bacteria they would otherwise be surprised by.

As medicine goes, it is quite literally the most natural approach you could possibly use - your own immune system figuring a bug.

Stupidity and conspiracy theories like this will end up doing us as much or more damage than the current pandemic if they cause outbreaks of deadly, but forgotten about, diseases that has been consigned to history books in the 20th century.

But yet the design allows people to swallow them. Wake up sheeplw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A pillow over your face would suppress oxygen intake, too. Are they all related? Is 5g and Covid-19 a global conspiracy by pillow manufacturers?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    A pillow over your face would suppress oxygen intake, too. Are they all related? Is 5g and Covid-19 a global conspiracy by pillow manufacturers?

Good point. I think that should be tested. I think every Anti-vaxxer should stand beside a 5g tower for 5 mins and them place their head in a plastic bag for 5 mins and let us know their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1251450228315754496?s=19

The absolute **** show in the replies to this.

You can click in to the profile of any of the "wake up sheeple" crowd and it's a litany of every anti vaxx conspiracy out there. Looks like Soros has been replaced with Bill Gates in all their minds.

No one should believe anything they're told by any authority but every single crank on the internet that is anti vaxx and or a general conspiracy theorist is 100% above board ,trustworthy and should not be questioned. Theyd swallow a pallet of bricks these idiots.

Large amount of crossover with the irish national party crowd too, most of them have links to great replacement crap littered through their retweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

It’s quite possible that anti vaccine and other conspiracy theories will be the end of the dominance of the West, and particularly the US which has become the home of many of these movements, which are now a significant part of mainstream American politics.

It’s a fringe in Ireland but one that has signifiant traction with some.

I mean imagine a scenario where a COVID-19 vaccine becomes available and is effective and safe, yet millions of people refuse to use it, because they’ve bought into conspiracy theories. Herd immunity then doesn’t happen and a country like the US, perhaps the U.K., Ireland, France or anywhere else ends up with a Coronavirus problem that doesn’t end.

We managed to more or less eradicate polio and other illnesses though mass vaccination but in a time when there weren’t conspiracy theories like this and where people actually appreciated the availability of the medical technologies to do this.

Today I could easily see a situation where the conspiracy ridden parts of the world become economic basket cases, while the likes of China or other emerging economies end up being immune to those issues and become far more economically and politically signifiant while much of the West goes off jousting at windmills and imaginary monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

Dunno. If the world is going to go down the pan I'd rather ride a wave of crazy conspiracies and bizarro mystical thinking than smug sciencism and ignorant lapdog bull.

• Advertisement

Dunno. If the world is going to go down the pan I'd rather ride a wave of crazy conspiracies and bizarro mystical thinking than smug sciencism and ignorant lapdog bull.

1/10 for effort.

I have no problem with these people having their conspiracy theories. Just as I have no problem with people's religious beliefs...... Until they put me and mine in danger and that what these people are doing.

I believe 100% that these people should not be allowed out in public. I'm not being hyperbolic: I believe that they pose a genuine risk to the world and should not be allowed in a position where they can pose such danger. I would not want their kids in schools with others or interacting with others. There are people out there with comprimised immune systems due to no fault of their own, Due to illness, transplants, any amount of issues. But these others have made conscious (albeit ill-informed) decisions to INTENTIONALLY put themselves and others at risk. A person can keep their beliefs to themselves: You do not know my religious beliefs and I do not know yours and I do not care. As long as someone doesn't start apostatising and trying to convert me, I don't care and we can get along fine.

However an anti-vaxxer's very immune system is apostatising and trying to convert others simply by existing. OF COURSE they are entitled to their beliefs but they are NOT entitled to try to convert others when they have been requested not to: Nobody wants to catch diseases and these people are out there spreading the world of their cult despite people not wanting it. That aggressive ignorant arrogance is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tigers are stripey. Sergeants wear stripes. Tigers cause sergeants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anti vaxxing is about to get a shot with tennis fans.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1252047961468612608

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Translation: You getting your jollies trumps other people's health and well-being. Anti-vaxxers in a nutshell.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

5eb37712dc1110003d95e2c6d1fa08436f9422e53af324b97a8c80d8c22d73ae_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,246 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Would someone who travels the world not likely have been vaccinated for a tonne of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That really disappointed me.

Last week he was doing so much good by contacting the tennis bodies and also Federer and Nadal about the need to set up a fund to support the professional tennis players both men and women who are not making much money and who need the financial help, then this...but he has not ruled it out 100%, hope he gets sense.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Would someone who travels the world not likely have been vaccinated for a tonne of things?

Ah no, y'see travel shots are different from vaccines.

The only thing you need to worry about with travel shots are the nanobots that are part of the shot so that passengers on a plane can be taken out when the CIA/NASA/knights Templar want to crash a jet into a building at the request of the illuminati lizard people in order to silence someone who has proof that the world is flat.

..... Didn't you now that????!!! Tisk..... Sheeple

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement