Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Highly insulting post, you can be pro vaccine, pro science and still pro life.
    Whilst I won't apologise for you holding your views, I did ask a question!
    If you were insulted then I believe you chose to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

An anti-vax song. Well done to someone from Australia with a sense of humor (black humor, admittedly.)

"We're making a comeback": https://youtu.be/jjxEe_j3IKI

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Amantine wrote: »
    As we know GlaxoSmithKline has a track record that is purer than snow.

GlaxoSmithKline has faced a number of product liability lawsuits. Patients filing lawsuits accuse the company of manufacturing dangerous or defective products.

Personal Injury Lawsuits Against GSK
    Paxil

Suicidal thoughts and birth defects

NOTABLE VERDICTS
    Philadelphia jurors awarded $2.5 million in a Paxil lawsuit filed by the family of 3-year-old born with severe heart malformations.
    Chicago jurors ordered GSK to pay $3 million to the widow of a corporate attorney who killed himself after taking a generic version of Paxil not made by GSK.
    NOTABLE SETTLEMENTS
    GSK settled thousands of addiction claims for a total of $160 million.
    GSK settled Paxil and pregnancy claims for $1.14 billion.
    GSK paid $6.2 million to settle a Canada class action lawsuit involving 50 mothers and their children.
    Avandia

Strokes, heart attacks and heart failure

NOTABLE SETTLEMENTS
    GSK settled over 10,000 Avandia lawsuits for more than $500 million.
    GSK agreed to pay $250 million to settle 5,500 death and injury claims.
    GSK set aside $6.4 billion for future lawsuits and settlements.
    Zofran

Birth defects

GSK Could Have Warned About Zofran Birth Defects, Families Say
    Michelle Llamas
    Michelle Llamas
    November 15, 2016
    LAWSUIT STATUS
    GSK faced 445 Zofran lawsuits in May 2018.

Fraud, Misbranding & Failure to Report Safety Data
    In 2012, GlaxoSmithKline pleaded guilty to federal criminal ofenses. The company’s crimes included misbranding of its antidepressants Paxil and Wellbutrin. GSK also failed to report safety data to the FDA about its diabetes drug Avandia.

GSK admitted to illegally promoting Paxil for treatment of depression in children.

The company reached a civil settlement with the U.S. federal government in which it agreed to pay a fine of $3 billion.

The plea represented the largest health care fraud settlement in U.S. history. It resolved allegations of pricing fraud.

GSK reached a related civil settlement with the U.S. Justice Department. It resolved allegations of improper marketing of Advair and Zofran.

So are you calling out Gemma O'Doherty on her Glaxo Smithkline award?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Nearly half of US states reporting measles outbreaks. Pennsylvania's the newest. That makes 23 out of 50. 764 cases so far nationwide.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/measles-cases-climbing_n_5cd041ace4b0548b735d701f

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Encephalopathy

Igotadose wrote: »
    An anti-vax song. Well done to someone from Australia with a sense of humor (black humor, admittedly.)

"We're making a comeback": https://youtu.be/jjxEe_j3IKI
    Since you're easily amused.

https://www.theonion.com/cdc-warns-once-eradicated-jitterbug-spreading-across-co-1834301727

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Looks like the poster kid for anti-vaxx got chicken pox

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48205523

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

While I certainly wouldn't consider myself an anti vaxxer, I have to wonder why there are so so many kids that have had a bad reaction to Gardasil (hpv vaccine). I really think there is and have been suppression of side effects reporting, mainly by pharmacy companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

hcf500 wrote: »
    While I certainly wouldn't consider myself an anti vaxxer, I have to wonder why there are so so many kids that have had a bad reaction to Gardasil (hpv vaccine). I really think there is and have been suppression of side effects reporting, mainly by pharmacy companies.
    Yawn:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Already been explained numerous times to the vaxtards on this thread

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh hello new poster :rolleyes:

Maybe read the thread that way we won't have to answer the same questions that I'm sure you're going to ask.

• Advertisement

Oh hello new poster :rolleyes:

Maybe read the thread that way we won't have to answer the same questions that I'm sure you're going to ask.

Im sorry Im a new poster. Does that diminish my opinion? Ive heard all the excuses already for the hpv vaccine and none of them fit. I don't think reading a gazillion pages of this thread will reveal anything new to me.

What bad reactions to the vaccine? Have these been independently reviewed or are they the ones published in the latest edition of Tinfoil Hat Weekly?
    Can you please elaborate on which side effects have been suppressed by the pharma companies?
    Im sorry Im a new poster. Does that diminish my opinion? Ive heard all the excuses already for the hpv vaccine and none of them fit. I don't think reading a gazillion pages of this thread will reveal anything new to me.
    Again, which excuses?
    No, I think that you're right in that you won't benefit from the gazillion pages given your reluctance to read through pages citing facts: you might actually learn something and that can't be good, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There has been a consistent spate of "new users" and rereg's turning up claiming that they support vaccines but they have doubts about X or Y. They continue that line for awhile, then the mask slips and they often go into full batshiat anti-vax mode

Not saying you are like that, but it happens so much that regular posters are highly skeptical by this stage. Doubts about vaccines have been addressed exhaustively, but as always it takes more effort to refute bull**** than to create it. Would recommend reading the thread for those explanations

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    There has been a consistent spate of "new users" and rereg's turning up claiming that they support vaccines but they have doubts about X or Y. They continue that line for awhile, then the mask slips and they often go into full batshiat anti-vax mode

Not saying you are like that, but it happens so much that regular posters are highly skeptical by this stage. Doubts about vaccines have been addressed exhaustively, but as always it takes more effort to refute bull**** than to create it. Would recommend reading the thread for those explanations

Fair enough. I cant say I am completely up to speed when it comes to vaccines but I read a very convincing article in the Daily Mail a few months ago that linked aluminium to vaccine problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I read a very convincing article in the Daily Mail

Yeah its 99% likely nothing in that article was true or it was entirely misrepresented to get clicks.

Fair enough. I cant say I am completely up to speed when it comes to vaccines but I read a very convincing article in the Daily Mail a few months ago that linked aluminium to vaccine problems.
    Aha I see your mistake there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So you're against vaccines but you can't really be bothered to explain why in any meaningful or original manner. Moreso, you allude to the existence of some vague article with the implication that we're supposed to find it for you.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

So you're against vaccines but you can't really be bothered to explain why in any meaningful or original manner. Moreso, you allude to the existence of some vague article with the implication that we're supposed to find it for you.

Never said I was against vaccines!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Never said I was against vaccines!

Of course. You just happen to say things that such people are in the habit of saying.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I'm not against vaccines but...

• Advertisement

I'm not against vaccines but...

Please go on. Finish what you want to say

Please go on. Finish what you want to say
    I'm just paraphrasing you and your Daily Mail article!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah here if no one else will say it then i will,

How about you skip steps 2,3,4,5 & 6 and just go straight to calling us sheeple.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Was this the UK Daily Mail who were running a campaign against that vaccine ?

Or was it the Irish Daily Mail that was running a campaign for the vaccine ?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

Interested in aluminum and vaccines? Have a look here: https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/aluminum-in-vaccines-paper-anti-vaxxer-claims/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I read a very convincing article in the Daily Mail ...

You might want to review your choice of reading material. :rolleyes:

The Daily Mail’s List Of Things That Give You Cancer: From A To Z - all very convincing, and backed by "studies" and "research" ... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You might want to review your choice of reading material. :rolleyes:

The Daily Mail’s List Of Things That Give You Cancer: From A To Z - all very convincing, and backed by "studies" and "research" ... :cool:

Not gonna lie...
    I'm actually amazed that vaccines aren't on the list :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

banie01 wrote: »
    Not gonna lie...
    I'm actually amazed that vaccines aren't on the list :pac:

Give it time! :D

mzungu wrote: »
    Give it time! :D

Along with not being vaccinated.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭waxmoth

The FDA have significant concerns regarding the use of ‘tumorigenic and tumor derived cells’ in some vaccines.
    The urgent demand for vaccines against emerging diseases has necessitated the use of novel cell substrates. These include tumorigenic cells such as MDCK and CHO cells (for influenza virus vaccines), 293 and PER.C6 cells (for adenovirus-vectored HIV-1 and other vaccines), and tumor-derived cells such as HeLa cells (for HIV-1 vaccines).

The use of tumorigenic and tumor-derived cells is a major safety concern due to the potential presence of viruses such as retroviruses and oncogenic DNA viruses that could be associated with tumorigencity, Therefore, detection of persistent, latent DNA viruses, and endogenous retroviruses in vaccine cell substrates is important for vaccine safety, particularly in the development of live viral vaccines, where there are no or minimal virus inactivation and removal steps during vaccine manufacturing.
    https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/biologics-research-projects/investigating-viruses-cells-used-make-vaccines-and-evaluating-potential-threat-posed-transmission

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement