Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

For me, the ones I've my eyes on are Deathloop, Far Cry 6, Sniper Elite VR, Battlefield 2042, Marvels GOTG (depending on the reviews) and Lego Star Wars (if it ever sees the light of day).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Next gen update for Doom Eternal is out today, which is handy, as it's the next game on my backlog. No PS4>PS5 save transfer though, which even now seems weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sniper Elite VR
    I would definitely interested in that as I love the Sniper Elite games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sleeping Dogs was a fantastic game, the combat was so much fun.

^ A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man!

• Advertisement

Looking at Sleeping Dogs, it's a shame there was no sequel to it as it was such a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Good game, although I remember the driving feeling pretty floaty/bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »

One of my favourite ever games. Loved the combat and the environmental finishers. So good. Such a shame it was one and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

With the company that made it now shut down, we'll never see it, but they did want to do a sequel. I'd love another one, the combat was a nice change from the usual GTA clones at the time.

Maybe the developers of Sleeping Dogs and Days Gone can join forces and develop a game called Gone Sleeping. It would be a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not "Dog Days"?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People who play Octane in Apex Legends embody the absolute worst of multiplayer gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

J. Marston wrote: »
    People who play Octane in Apex Legends embody the absolute worst of multiplayer gaming.

You have to be some kind of angry to quit the game, log on here and let us know that before going to bed.

:)

I see Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is on EA Play now. Great game. Loved playing it on my Xbox 360S, but I might play it on my PS4 this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You have to be some kind of angry to quit the game, log on here and let us know that before going to bed.

:)

You have no idea. Almost every game stuck with those goblins.

It's such a bizarre game where everyone who plays every other character is generally polite and they work together.

But Octanes...they are something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Noice! I'll give that a download at least, see what it's like and see if it's ruined by Supercars like every other arcade racer!

Re: Days Gone/Sleeping Dogs crossover, yeah, that'd be fun, until you've to stop and roll your bike to your location because the 5p size fuel tank has run out. Again. No, not a crossover I would like!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sleeping Dogs was a great game but the combat was very easy, enjoyable easy but by mid way tru the game you kinda hoped to fight about 30 guys at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I just couldn’t get into sleeping dogs. It always just seemed to me that people were desperate to label it as an underrated classic whilst ignoring the very apparent reasons why it wasn’t rated that highly in the first place. It’s got it’s charm but it just doesn’t really rise above average in any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Markitron wrote: »
    I just couldn’t get into sleeping dogs. It always just seemed to me that people were desperate to label it as an underrated classic whilst ignoring the very apparent reasons why it wasn’t rated that highly in the first place. It’s got it’s charm but it just doesn’t really rise above average in any other way.

Noone rated it as under rated, noone played it on release on PC until it was like a fiver in a Steam sale, I wasnt mad about it but stuck at until after the 1st "knife" fight. It all made sense then but even tho the story is awful and the controls clunky, there was a satisfying feeling beating the crap out a load of dudes and using the environment.

One thing I will say about Sleeping Dogs is that it had an amazing radio soundtrack. Unfortunately, it totally breaks immersion by resetting the playlist the moment you jump out of the car and back in as opposed to resuming from where it left off. Details like that make you appreciate what GTA does.
    I felt like something similar happened in cyberpunk. Every time i flicked to the techno station the same song would start playing every time. Maybe it was a bug, it is Cyberpunk after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I remember playing Mafia 3 and loving the songs that were on the radio when I'd hop into the car and coming to hate those songs by the end of the game.

I can't believe I finished that game. It was fúcking terrible.

Watch Dogs Legion has the same issue as well (although they may have fixed that since launch). I think it's just a dev oversight tbh
    i disabled all of the music in that game as it was (in my opinion) dreadful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember playing Mafia 3 and loving the songs that were on the radio when I'd hop into the car and coming to hate those songs by the end of the game.

I can't believe I finished that game. It was fúcking terrible.

There's people that love that game. Which is more evidence that no matter how painful something is there's deviants that are into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Cordell

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    i disabled all of the music in that game as it was (in my opinion) dreadful.

maybe the grime stations, but not this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbNQeIcKTxY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Does anyone else just miss the simple Assassins Creed games, back when you played an actual assassin type character?

Every now and then I go back and play the original games, alongside Black Flag (my favourite) and then Unity and Syndicate. And while the games are buggy messes with more texture problems than a pre-school art class, they're still enjoyable games.

With Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla they were decent games, but I don't know, running around with a big sword and shield and just doing open combat really takes away from the point of the game.

I find myself constantly going back to the older games, or googling to see if I can find any game with the same style of game play and stealth aspects.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's Ghost of Tsushima which does very little to differentiate itself from the old style of assassin's Creed. For me though that game just reminded im so over that type of game and how rote it feels next to something like botw.

Advertisement